PostFix: User Unknown In Local Recipient Table
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChiaJesus
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 4:40 pm    Post subject: PostFix: User Unknown In Local Recipient Table Reply with quote

Hmmm...I posted a message about this a couple of hours ago and its nowhere to be found. I will repost my problem.

Up until yesterday I had a good working configuration of fetchmail/procmail/postfix for picking up and delivering my mail. Yesterday, though, I had to change the name of my normal non-root user. Since I made that change fetchmail is trying to get the mail but Postfix is reporting:

Code:
1]: 450 <ChiaJesus@localhost>: User unknown in local recipient table; from=<vre@smtp204.wioftw.net> proto=ESMTP helo=<localhost>

I have tried running newaliases a hundred times to no avail. I have also unmerged/re-merged Postfix and reconfigured it from scratch but I still have the same problem. I asked Google about the problem and came across a link advising that there is a line in main.cf that I can use, but since I never had to do it before I am not all that keen on doing it now. Afterall there has to be some reason why Postfix does not see this user.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks!

-Chia
rtn
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's right here.

--rtn
ChiaJesus
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thannks RTN. Honestly, I searched for my post and it wasn't there. Maybe I'm losing my mind. :)

Anyways, I fixed the problem. As it turned out one of the things I didn't do when I renamed the account was rename the old /var/spool/mail/ file. Once I did that things worked again. Stupid thing to forget.

-Chia
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: