mathematica problem [solved]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
golgo13
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: mathematica problem [solved] Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this. After moving from KDE 3.3 to 3.4 mathematica 5.0 no longer works. When I try runnning mathematica I my X-session gets restarted and I have to re-log-in. I've tried searching both these forums and Google but haven't found anything relevant. It looks like I'm the only one experiencing these problems. Currently I'm speaking with Wolfram's tech support and I'll keep the forum updated if I hear anything usefull.

Last edited by golgo13 on Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
wjholden
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does everybody bet tech support tells him to wipe dotfiles?
yardbird
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: mathematica problem Reply with quote

golgo13 wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this. After moving from KDE 3.3 to 3.4 mathematica 5.0 no longer works. When I try runnning mathematica I my X-session gets restarted and I have to re-log-in. I've tried searching both these forums and Google but haven't found anything relevant. It looks like I'm the only one experiencing these problems. Currently I'm speaking with Wolfram's tech support and I'll keep the forum updated if I hear anything usefull.

This may be a long shot, but are you running with Xorg and the composite extension turned on? Mathematica does not behave well with it. Try to disable composite and any unusual/experimental feature you have in your xorg.conf.

http://www.bluescarni.info
golgo13
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was it. Just commented out composite extensions in xorg.conf
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: