Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Galeon creates multiple windows at startup -over and over...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemma
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 11:00 am    Post subject: Galeon creates multiple windows at startup -over and over... Reply with quote

Hi.
As from this morning, starting up Galeon give rise to an strange behaviour... Instead of opening a single window and load the ulr, it is starting to span windows all over the screen and it does not stop until I kill the process. Galeon was working great until today when I booted up the laptop and I have not installet/upgraded any software lately. Staring galeon up from a terminal gives the following error-msg
Code:
Gtk-CRITICAL **:file gtklabel.c line 954 (gtk_label_parse_uline): assertion `string != NULL' failed

Gtk-CRITICAL **:file gtklabel.c line 954 (gtk_label_parse_uline): assertion `string != NULL' failed

over and over again. Am I the only one the this problem?
UnuMondo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Galeon creates multiple windows at startup -over and ove Reply with quote

Lemma wrote:
Hi.
As from this morning, starting up Galeon give rise to an strange behaviour... Instead of opening a single window and load the ulr, it is starting to span windows all over the screen and it does not stop until I kill the process. Galeon was working great until today when I booted up the laptop and I have not installet/upgraded any software lately. Staring galeon up from a terminal gives the following error-msg
Code:

over and over again. Am I the only one the this problem?

I had that same problem, running Galeon 1.3.1 and Mozilla 1.2. Upgrading to Mozilla 1.3 and recompiling Galeon 1.3.1 fixed it for me. It's actually not a Galeon problem, take a look at ps when it's doing that and you'll see Mozilla is the culprit.

UnuMondo
Lemma
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

compiling with mozilla 1.2.1-r5 also solved the problem, in a way... The error-msg is still there, but now it only appears two times and the problem with multiple windows is gone.
Apolonius
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a well known problem
the workaround is:

Code:
remove lib/mozilla-$version/components/compreg.dat
remove write permissions from mozilla installation directory
start galeon

it works for me with mozilla 1.2.1 and galeon 1.3.1

PS: the next time, use the research function in this forum ;)
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=24852&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25
Ellidi
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Opera for quite a while, it rules, but then I decided to look for change and emerged Mozilla and Galeon (I had the same problem with Galeon) .. they both sucked :D I now use Phoenix .. it rules :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: