KDE 3.4 blocks itself
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew_Esh
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: KDE 3.4 blocks itself Reply with quote

I am trying to use the KDE split ebuilds. I emerged the kde-meta packages, and everything was fine for a while.

After a recent esync, it get a lot of these:

[blocks B ] =kde-base/kappfinder-3.4* (is blocking kde-base/kdebase-3.4.0)
[blocks B ] =kde-base/kcheckpass-3.4* (is blocking kde-base/kdebase-3.4.0)
[blocks B ] =kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves-3.4* (is blocking kde-base/kdebase-3.4.0)

and it wants to emerge kde again:

[ebuild NS ] kde-base/kdebase-3.4.0 +arts +cups -debug -hal -ieee1394 +java -kdeenablefinal +ldap -lm_sensors -logitech-mouse +opengl +pam +samba +ssl -xinerama 0 kB
[ebuild NS ] kde-base/kdenetwork-3.4.0 +arts -debug -kdeenablefinal -rdesktop -slp +ssl -wifi -xinerama 0 kB

It looks like it's been reslotted. Shouldn't that resolve the blocking issue? I don't want the monolithic ebuilds. Why is it trying to emerge them?

Do I have to unmerge all of KDE and emerge it all over again to get rid of this?
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got any of the older KDE ebuilds installed ? There are a few scripts on the forums that'll show you, this is one :

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-2207306-highlight-unmerge+kde.html#2207306

Use a -p with one of those just to see if you've got a mix of 3.4 and some 3.3 files left.
Andrew_Esh
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
Have you got any of the older KDE ebuilds installed ?

Yes I do. I still have KDE 3.3.2, so I could go back if 3.4.0 didn't work out. Should I remove that?
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a look at http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/kde-split-ebuilds.xml and there's this :

Quote:
...Split and monolithic ebuilds can be mixed freely. The only restriction is that a monolithic ebuild can't be installed at the same time as a split ebuild deriving from it. There are blocking deps in the ebuilds that enforce this, so you can do anything emerge allows you to do.
radfoj
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have all kde-base/* ebuilds in yours package.keywords and have emerged new splitted ones, you have to delete/comment lines for monolitic ones (ie kdelibs, kdebase, kdemultimedia ...) if you dont want unmerge old kde yet. :D
Andrew_Esh
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
Have you got any of the older KDE ebuilds installed ? There are a few scripts on the forums that'll show you, this is one :

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-2207306-highlight-unmerge+kde.html#2207306

Use a -p with one of those just to see if you've got a mix of 3.4 and some 3.3 files left.

This advice worked. I used the following line to unmerge all of KDE 3.3.2, and now my blocks are gone. It also reduced the number of new kde packages it wanted to emerge to just the two split ebuilds that actually changed.

Code:
emerge -Ca /var/db/pkg/kde-base/*-3.3.*

Thanks John-Boy!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: