graphviz emerge fails
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NTT
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: graphviz emerge fails Reply with quote

Hello,

I want to report that graphviz fails to emerge. Normally I wait a couple of days, do an emerge rsync and try again. Most of the time its okay then.

I try to emerge vls (Videolan server) wich requires graphviz. My CFLAGS have emerged XFree and mozilla painless and lots of other packages in the past weeks so I guess they're ok.

The build ends with the following error:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../../dynagraph -I../../cdt -I../../agraph -march=k6-3 -mcpu=k6-3 -O3 -pipe -Wall -Wno-unknown-pragmas -c Route.cpp -fPIC -DPIC -o Route.lo
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:1187: Error: value of ffffffffffffff7a too large for field of 1 bytes at 0000000000000f3a
make[3]: *** [Route.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/Data/SystemFiles/portage/graphviz-1.8.10/work/graphviz-1.8.10/dynagraph/common'

As said, normally I wait a couple of days as I don't know how to report bugs the legal way. Its gentoo 1.4 on AMD-duron by the way, using standard sync'ed gentoo GCC 1.3.2-r2 - I did not add the -march option - only the -mcpu option in make.conf - the -march was added by itself.
kutsuya
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:03 pm    Post subject: Assembler error on k6-* Reply with quote

Hi,

I would suggest filing a report at https://bugs.gentoo.org

Try searching in the forum for this string: ffffffffffffff7f

Hope that helps,
--Kutsuya
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: