installing gentoo 2005.0 stage1 NPTL on a stage3 error~~
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nathaniel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: installing gentoo 2005.0 stage1 NPTL on a stage3 error~~ Reply with quote

i follow this links to do
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-274968-postdays-0-postorder-asc-start-0.html

i have finish 7.2.4 Rebuilding the System Toolkit
# emerge glibc binutils gcc portage

and then go to
# emerge -e system

here comes the error now

"optimize='-O2 -march=pentium-m -mtune=pentium-m -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe'" perlio.o` -fPIC perlio.c CCCMD = gcc -DPERL_CORE -c -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DTHREADS_HAVE_PIDS -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include/gdbm -O2 -march=pentium-m -mtune=pentium-m -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -Wall `sh cflags "optimize='-O2 -march=pentium-m -mtune=pentium-m -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe'" perlapi.o` -fPIC perlapi.c CCCMD = gcc -DPERL_CORE -c -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DTHREADS_HAVE_PIDS -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include/gdbm -O2 -march=pentium-m -mtune=pentium-m -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -Wall `sh cflags "optimize='-O2 -march=pentium-m -mtune=pentium-m -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe'" numeric.o` -fPIC numeric.c CCCMD = gcc -DPERL_CORE -c -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DTHREADS_HAVE_PIDS -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include/gdbm -O2 -march=pentium-m -mtune=pentium-m -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -Wall numeric.c: In function `S_mulexp10': numeric.c:815: internal compiler error: in try_split, at emit-rtl.c:3343
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <URL:https://bugs.gentoo.org/> for instructions.
Preprocessed source stored into /var/tmp/portage/libperl-5.8.6/temp/ccXIrYHM.out file, please attach this to your bugreport.
make: *** [numeric.o] Error 1
!!! ERROR: sys-devel/libperl-5.8.6 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 220, Exitcode 2
!!! Unable to make libperl.so
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.

i try
fix_libtool_files.sh 3.4.3 --oldarch i686-pc-linux-gnu
and emerge -e system again, also display this error

what about i skip this step ???what will be happen when i skip this step? but i don't want to skip this~~please help me to fix this problem, thanks
Enlight
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got ithreads in your USE flag? BTW there is a special thread to support this install on this page!
nathaniel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enlight wrote:
Got ithreads in your USE flag? BTW there is a special thread to support this install on this page!

so have i remove ithread in USE??
vipernicus
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
so have i remove ithread in USE??

No, and don't post this here, go to https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-314985.html and post your issues.
Sith_Happens
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, all 2005.0 stage 1/3 errors should be addressed to the support thread. I have a feeling it hast to do with the fact your compiling with the unstable -march=pentium-m flag though. Compiling libperl and perl with the ithreads useflag is only an issue with certain perl applications, such as net-irc/epic4, the ebuid displays a message when the flag is set, but other than that it makes no difference at compile time, and certainly shouldn't be giving you errors.
nathaniel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sith_Happens wrote:
Yes, all 2005.0 stage 1/3 errors should be addressed to the support thread. I have a feeling it hast to do with the fact your compiling with the unstable -march=pentium-m flag though. Compiling libperl and perl with the ithreads useflag is only an issue with certain perl applications, such as net-irc/epic4, the ebuid displays a message when the flag is set, but other than that it makes no difference at compile time, and certainly shouldn't be giving you errors.

your mean is don't use -march=pentium-m??? what about -march=pentium3??
Bob P
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathaniel wrote:
Sith_Happens wrote:

your mean is don't use -march=pentium-m??? what about -march=pentium3??

try using the search feature. this problem is extensively documented in the forums.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: