Sun E250 and RSC
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ba
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Sun E250 and RSC Reply with quote

I'm having Sun E250 box with rsc card. Is it possible to use linux system console through rsc?
nl0pvm
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Sun E250 and RSC Reply with quote

Hi,

I don't know a reason for doing that as the serial ports of the e250 are able working as console.
For the ethernet option the RSC card has, you'd better use an extra ethernet card and a good network configuration and you end up with an even better solution.
chas
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have thought that once the RSC card was configured (which you probably have to do under Solaris, no bad thing as it's always a good idea to make sure your RSC card is running a recent firmware) that you'd be able to use it the same as any normal serial console.

nl0pvm> The reason that RSC cards are a good thing are that they let you access the OBP of the machine (and thus power up/down from cold) remotley, meaning that you should only need physical access to the machine for HW maintainence. It's a shame they only do telnet, but they're handy nonetheless.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: