Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Coming soon: using portage to install normal desktop apps
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emes
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Coming soon: using portage to install normal desktop apps Reply with quote

Over the past few days, I've been working on eclasses that allow you to install binary os X applications from dmgs. My current work is at bug 97530. Included are two sample ebuilds that allow you to install abiword and adium.

The ebuilds don't compile anything, and while this isn't in the gentoo spirit, portage is the best package manager I've seen, whether or not it compiles the installed program. Right now, going binary was the easiest way to create an OS X desktop package manager, which is hopefuly what portage will become.

Once the bugs get ironed out, this could be the end of manually installing and upgrading programs individually on OS X :). If you're knowlegeable about portage, please help test this out.

Thanks,
emes
nolith
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really a nice features
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: