Problem with ffwd/rwd in mythtv 0.17 recordings
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soxbox
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Problem with ffwd/rwd in mythtv 0.17 recordings Reply with quote

Since installing Myth 0.17, I've had severe problems with navigating recordings. When hitting enter, it displays the length of the recording incorrectly (sometimes 30 seconds, sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes 20 minutes, but always well short of the actual recording length).

Attempting to jump forward into the recording, it will usually hang for a few seconds and then drop back to the listing as if it has reached the end of the recording. If the reported length of the recording is long enough, it will sometimes just forward 20 minutes or so into the recording instead. Any attempt to jump backward in the recording will then only jump back as far as the point that was jumped forward to.

If I just sit and watch the recording, it runs all the way through without hassle, and I can use the time-stretch feature to get past the bits I want to skip.

I'm getting some of the following messages in my dmesg output, but I'm not sure where they match up timewise (in playback, transcoding or recording).

bttv0: OCERR @ 1ec29000,bits: HSYNC OFLOW OCERR*
bttv0: OCERR @ 1ec29014,bits: HSYNC OFLOW OCERR*

I'm using a single bt878 capture card in an athlon 1700 with 512MB. I'm running a 2.6.10 kernel with gentoo patches (linux-2.6.10-gentoo-r6)

I'm running Gentoo, and have run an emerge -e mythtv to make sure that all packages on which myth runs are built properly and nothing is linked to the wrong code. My relevant make.conf settings are:

USE="x86 mmx 3dnow sse -alsa oss avi crypt cscope dvd flac gif imlib jpeg lirc mad mpeg mysql oggvorbis opengl png quicktime sdl tiff truetype X xmms xv zlib nvidia -arts transcode xinerama -nls net joystick matroska -ldap apache2 xvid v3l2 theora ithreads mjpeg xvid"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=athlon -fomit-frame-pointer"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"

I can't remember the reasons why half those USE-flags, so I'm guessing some of those could be breaking things. I'd appreciate a known working set of USE/CFLAGS settings from a fellow gentoo-ist (A list of installed package versions would be great too) with a fully functioning bt878 based 0.17 install so that I can eliminate bad packages as the cause.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: