View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spinix
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as i see our bug is same as the bug mentioned on bugzilla...

do you run 2004.3 too??

i think its because we dont use 2005.0
herbie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's four of you with the same error - maiku, spinix, dook43 and mark from bugzilla. Yet it works fine for me.. what gcc version are you guys using? and what CFLAGS ?
Spinix
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:

# These settings were set by the catalyst build script that automatically built this stage
# Please consult /etc/make.conf.example for a more detailed example
CFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -pipe -O2" #//now compiling gcc ;]
# CFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -O2"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
USE="-gnome kde alsa dvd cdr gtk gtk+ X wine-tools -oss maildir ssl imap mysql"
ALSA_CARDS="via82xx"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64"

gcc the newest and as i said on 2004.3
maiku
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentoo Base System version 1.6.9
Portage 2.0.51-r15 (default-linux/amd64/2004.3, gcc-3.4.3, glibc-2.3.4.20041102-r0, 2.6.10-gentoo-r7 x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.10-gentoo-r7 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
CFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -O3 -pipe -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -fforce-addr -fprefetch-loop-arrays"
CXXFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -O3 -pipe -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -fforce-addr -fprefetch-loop-arrays"
USE="amd64 X acl acpi alsa apm avi bitmap-fonts bmp canna cddb cdparanoia cdr cjk crypt cups curl dga divx4linux dvd f77 font-server fortran gcj gif gtk gtk2 imagemagick imlib java jp2 jpeg lcms live lzw lzw-tiff mad mp3 mpeg multilib ncurses nls nodroproot nptl oggvorbis opengl pam pcre perl pic png pnp python readline rtc samba sdl sqlite ssl tcpd tiff truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts usb userlocales xml xml2 xpm xrandr xv xvid zlib"

Is it tool late to rule out the possibility that you are maybe just cooler than we are?
herbie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maiku wrote:
Is it tool late to rule out the possibility that you are maybe just cooler than we are?

yeah that'll be it, lol. I really can't see what I'm doing differently to you though ;( other than using a newer profile, but I fail to see what difference that could make.

Btw I'm using gcc-3.4.3.20050110, CFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -O2 -pipe -fweb -ftracer" on 2005.0 profile.

[ebuild R ] app-emulation/wine-20050211 +X +alsa -arts +cups -debug -doc +gif -glut -jack +jpeg -lcms -nas +ncurses +opengl +oss
Spinix
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you say me how to update to 2005.0?
is it stable?
is there anything which is worse than 2003.4 ??
maiku
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying out these directions but linux-headers, which they ask you to emerge a specific version of, it's hard masked. http://www.gentoo-portage.com/sys-kernel/linux-headers

Whoops, forgot to post the directions. http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/amd64/2005.0-upgrade-amd64.xml

I have the wine-bin ebuild that you made still Hopkins. So I can just use that if we find out you really are just cooler than we.
herbie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maiku wrote:
I'm trying out these directions but linux-headers, which they ask you to emerge a specific version of, it's hard masked.

yeah but it tells you you need to unmask them in the first part of the upgrade guide.

Code:
echo '>=sys-kernel/linux-headers-2.6' >> /etc/portage/package.unmask
dook43
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give up! Linux-headers-2.6 bombs out..

portageq has_version / '>=sys-kernel/linux-headers-2.6' || emerge -v --oneshot '>=sys-kernel/linux-headers-2.6'
Calculating dependencies ...done!
>>> emerge (1 of 1) sys-kernel/linux-headers-2.6.8.1-r4 to /
>>> md5 src_uri ;-) linux-2.6.8.1.tar.bz2
>>> md5 src_uri ;-) linux-2.6.8.1-sh-headers.patch.bz2
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking linux-2.6.8.1.tar.bz2 to /var/tmp/portage/linux-headers-2.6.8.1-r4/work
* Applying linux-2.6.8.1-sh-headers.patch.patch (-p0+)... [ ok ] * Applying linux-headers-2.6.0-fb.patch (-p0+)... [ ok ] * Applying linux-headers-2.6.0-sysctl_h-compat.patch (-p0+)... [ ok ] * Applying linux-headers-2.6.7-generic-arm-prepare.patch (-p0+)... [ ok ] * Applying linux-headers-2.6.8.1-appCompat.patch (-p0+)... [ ok ] * Applying linux-headers-2.6.8.1-arm-float.patch (-p0+)... [ ok ] * Applying linux-headers-2.6.8.1-parisc-syscall.patch (-p0+)... [ ok ] * Applying linux-headers-2.6.8.1-strict-ansi-fix.patch (-p0+)... [ ok ] * Applying linux-headers-soundcard-ppc64.patch (-p0+)... [ ok ]>>> Source unpacked.
make[1]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/linux-headers-2.6.8.1-r4/work/linux-2.6.8.1'
/bin/sh: -c: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching ``'
/bin/sh: -c: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
make[2]: *** [scripts/basic/fixdep] Error 2
make[1]: *** [scripts_basic] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/linux-headers-2.6.8.1-r4/work/linux-2.6.8.1'

!!! ERROR: sys-kernel/linux-headers-2.6.8.1-r4 failed.
!!! Function compile_headers, Line 227, Exitcode 2
!!! defconfig failed
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.

make: *** [step2] Error 1
maiku
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

herbie wrote:
yeah but it tells you you need to unmask them in the first part of the upgrade guide.
Oh.... yeah.... it does... whoops.

As for you, dook, I got it to emerge linux-headers-2.6.8.1-r4 without having to do anything but follow those directions. Make sure you are following everything they say including unmerging linux26-headers.

But now wine thinks I'm trying to cross compile when I emerge it
Quote:
mike-gentoo-1 ~ # ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib32" FEATURES="-sandbox" CONF_LIBDIR="/lib32" EXTRA_ECONF="--x-libraries=/usr/lib32" emerge -av wine

These are the packages that I would merge, in order:

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild N ] app-emulation/wine-20050211 +X +alsa -arts +cups -debug -doc +gif -glut -jack +jpeg +lcms -nas +ncurses +opengl -oss 0 kB [1]

Total size of downloads: 0 kB
Portage overlays:
[1] /usr/local/portage

Do you want me to merge these packages? [Yes/No]
>>> emerge (1 of 1) app-emulation/wine-20050211 to /
>>> md5 src_uri ;-) Wine-20050211.tar.gz
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking Wine-20050211.tar.gz to /var/tmp/portage/wine-20050211/work
* Applying winearts-kdecvs-fix.patch ... [ ok ]
* Applying 20050211-docs.patch ... [ ok ]
-fstack-protector
* Applying 20041019-no-stack.patch ... [ ok ]
>>> Source unpacked.
* econf: updating wine-20050211/tools/config.guess with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.guess
* econf: updating wine-20050211/tools/config.sub with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.sub
./configure --prefix=/usr --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --libdir=/usr/lib32 --x-libraries=/usr/lib32 --sysconfdir=/etc/wine --with-curses --with-opengl --with-x --disable-trace --disable-debug --x-libraries=/emul/linux/x86/usr/X11R6/lib
configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... gcc -m32
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the C compiler works... yes
checking whether we are cross compiling... yes
checking for suffix of executables...
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether gcc -m32 accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc -m32 option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-cpp... no
checking for cpp... cpp
checking for the directory containing the Wine tools... configure: error: you must use the --with-wine-tools option when cross-compiling.
And GCC refuses to recompile
Quote:
pwd: /var/tmp/portage/gcc-3.4.3-r1/work/build/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
mkdir 32
configure: creating cache ./config.cache
checking build system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking target system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... /var/tmp/portage/gcc-3.4.3-r1/work/build/gcc/xgcc -B/var/tmp/portage/gcc-3.4.3-r1/work/build/gcc/ -B/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -B/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/lib/ -isystem /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/include -isystem /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/sys-include -m32
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.
make[1]: *** [configure-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/gcc-3.4.3-r1/work/build'
make: *** [profiledbootstrap] Error 2
And revdep-rebuild says it has a lot of work to do. By the way, I used FEATURES="-sandbox" on both the wine and gcc emerge. This is a lot of trouble to "upgrade" to 2005.0. Almost funny. I hope somebody is having better luck.

Edit: openoffice-bin now too:
Quote:
>>> Install openoffice-bin-1.1.3 into /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-bin-1.1.3/image/ category app-office
* Installing OpenOffice.org into build root...
./setup: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

dook43
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't need to install wine that bad or upgrade to 2005.0. This stuff isn't ready.
maiku
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, fixed it.
Quote:
# emerge -v --oneshot baselayout
For some reason that didn't create /etc/env.d/04multilib the first time I emerged it. Not sure why, it just didn't. But now it did. Compiling wine....... success!

Wine version 20050211 patch and emerge successful:
Portage 2.0.51-r15 (default-linux/amd64/2005.0, gcc-3.4.3, glibc-2.3.4.20041102-r0, 2.6.10-gentoo-r7 x86_64)
USE="amd64 X acl acpi alsa apm avi bitmap-fonts bmp canna cddb cdparanoia cdr cjk crypt cups curl dga divx4linux dvd f77 font-server fortran gcj gif gtk gtk2 imagemagick imlib java jp2 jpeg lcms live lzw lzw-tiff mad mp3 mpeg ncurses nls nodroproot nptl oggvorbis opengl pam pcre perl pic png pnp python readline rtc samba sdl ssl tcpd tiff truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts usb userlocales xml xml2 xpm xrandr xv xvid zlib"
CFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -O3 -pipe -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -fforce-addr -fprefetch-loop-arrays"

I guess it pays to upgrade to 2005.0 The difference definitely has to do with one of those steps to upgrade (found in that howto). It's not the glibc version 'cause I had that already installed. It's not multilib 'cause I had that in my use flags already, unless that wasn't working properly. Maybe the new linux headers?

Oh there is ony problem. The fonts are really ugly. Like they were written with sidewalk chalk. I'll put a picture up for a little while. http://maiku.dnsalias.net:81/jquick.png . As if I didn't already have a hard time reading Kanji as it was. Man.
crazycat
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent got any 04multilib, can u post one? cause i cant get it with emerging baselayout.
xordan
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazycat wrote:
I havent got any 04multilib, can u post one? cause i cant get it with emerging baselayout.

I had that problem... I emerged glibc anyway, then emerged baselayout to get the 04multilib, then reemerged glibc
crazycat
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have latest gcc , lates glibc with multilib flag , i also have latest baselayout. What i dont have ist 04multilib. Can anyone post it , cause i can't find it anywhere.
maiku
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you tried re-emerging baselayout after you did all of the steps and it still wouldn't create your 04multilib maybe this'll work.
Quote:
LDPATH="/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/lib32:/usr/lib32:/usr/local/lib32:/lib64:/usr/lib64:/usr/local/lib64"
That is what is in my /etc/env.d/04multilib
crazycat
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That didin't help me , but ill try to reemerge gcc and glibc and see if it helps.
giblets
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dook43 wrote:

make[1]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/linux-headers-2.6.8.1-r4/work/linux-2.6.8.1'
/bin/sh: -c: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching ``'
/bin/sh: -c: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
make[2]: *** [scripts/basic/fixdep] Error 2
make[1]: *** [scripts_basic] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/linux-headers-2.6.8.1-r4/work/linux-2.6.8.1'

You can get around this by adding this line to /usr/portage/eclass/kernel-2.eclass, after line 202:
Code:

HOSTCFLAGS="-Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer"

Probably best to remove it once the headers are in place. You have another option for compiling wine on 2004.3, if you can get your hands on the /usr/include directory from a 32 bit box. Do this:
Code:

mv /usr/include /usr/include.not
ln -s /path/to/x86/include /usr/include
emerge wine
rm /usr/include
mv /usr/include.not /usr/include

Upgrading to 2005.0 is the cleanest way though.
giblets
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maiku wrote:

I guess it pays to upgrade to 2005.0 The difference definitely has to do with one of those steps to upgrade (found in that howto). It's not the glibc version 'cause I had that already installed. It's not multilib 'cause I had that in my use flags already, unless that wasn't working properly. Maybe the new linux headers?

Close. It's that the 2005.0 glibc gives you x86 headers to build against. Without them the compiler doesn't have quite the right information for linking to the 32-bit libraries. I posted a bug about this a while back only to find the gentoo guys were already working on it:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=81228
Until all the emulation libraries are built on the target system rather than being binary packages, these sorts of problems are likely to occur every so often when trying to build with -m32. Having glibc is a huge step forward though.
xordan
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No luck for wine :( Upgraded to 2005.0 and now I get a "cannot find -lartsc". It doesn't use the 64-bit file obviously.. but it can't find a 32-bit one?? What should I remerge to get a 32-bit file?

/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.3-20050110/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/
bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/kde/3.3/lib64/libartsc.so when searching for
-lartsc
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.3-20050110/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/
bin/ld: cannot find -lartsc

Edit: I've got firefox-bin and openoffice-bin both working by copying pango from the emul libs folder to the /usr/lib32 folder. I'm not sure if that's the best way to do it though. I assume copying all of the libs over will fix a few other problems I'm having, but then I may as well have just use the emul libs and not bother with going over to 2005.0 :) If there was a way to get needed libs to compile 64-bit and 32-bit, and then be installed in their respective folders there wouldn't be so many problems with missing dependencies.
giblets
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xordan wrote:
No luck for wine :( Upgraded to 2005.0 and now I get a "cannot find -lartsc". It doesn't use the 64-bit file obviously.. but it can't find a 32-bit one?? What should I remerge to get a 32-bit file?

bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/kde/3.3/lib64/libartsc.so when searching for
-lartsc
bin/ld: cannot find -lartsc

Edit: I've got firefox-bin and openoffice-bin both working by copying pango from the emul libs folder to the /usr/lib32 folder. I'm not sure if that's the best way to do it though. I assume copying all of the libs over will fix a few other problems I'm having, but then I may as well have just use the emul libs and not bother with going over to 2005.0 :) If there was a way to get needed libs to compile 64-bit and 32-bit, and then be installed in their respective folders there wouldn't be so many problems with missing dependencies.

You could compile it with USE="-arts". You should be able to copy libraries from some 32-bit binary packages into the /usr/lib32 dir too. It's probably better to link from /emul for libraries that are included in emul-* packages, rather than copy them.
Pajarico
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2005.0 Upgrade guide wrote:
Additionally, you need to make sure you have the required versions of toolchain/portage packages as these are needed to properly rebuild glibc after switching the profile.

Code Listing 4

# emerge -v --oneshot '>=sys-apps/portage-2.0.51-r9'
# emerge -v --oneshot '>=sys-devel/gcc-config-1.3.9'
# emerge -v --oneshot '>=sys-devel/distcc-2.18.3-r1'
# emerge unmerge linux26-headers
# emerge -v --oneshot '>=linux-headers-2.6.8.1-r4'

I don't use distcc. Do i have to install it anyway?

:wink:
herbie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pajarico wrote:

I don't use distcc. Do i have to install it anyway?

no, you should not need it.
Pajarico
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just upgraded from 2004.3 to 2005.0. Some problems regarding this wine ebuild are gone, but others have come:
Code:
audio.c:211: warning: 'wodPlayerCmdString' defined but not used
../../../tools/winebuild/winebuild -D__WINESRC__ -DWINE_NO_DEBUG_MSGS -DWINE_NO_TRACE_MSGS  -o winearts.drv.dbg.c --debug -C. arts.c audio.c
gcc -m32 -c -I. -I. -I../../../include -I../../../include -I/usr/kde/3.3/include/artsc -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I//usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -D__WINESRC__ -DWINE_NO_DEBUG_MSGS -DWINE_NO_TRACE_MSGS  -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -fno-strict-aliasing -gstabs+ -Wpointer-arith  -O2 -o winearts.drv.dbg.o winearts.drv.dbg.c
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/wine-20050211/work/wine-20050211/dlls/winmm/winealsa'
/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/3.4.3/gcc: gcc-wrapper: -m32 detected on the command line overrides implicit -m32 added by the wrapper.
/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/3.4.3/gcc: gcc-wrapper: -m32 detected on the command line overrides implicit -m32 added by the wrapper.
../../../tools/winegcc/winegcc -B../../../tools/winebuild -shared ./winearts.drv.spec    arts.o audio.o  winearts.drv.dbg.o   -o winearts.drv.so -L../../../dlls  -lwinmm -luser32 -lkernel32 -L../../../libs/wine -lwine -L/usr/kde/3.3/lib -ldl -lartsc -lpthread -L//usr/lib -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lgthread-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -ldxguid -luuid -L../../../libs/port -lwine_port 
make[2]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/wine-20050211/work/wine-20050211/dlls/winmm/wineaudioio'
gcc -m32 -c -I. -I. -I../../../include -I../../../include  -D__WINESRC__ -DWINE_NO_DEBUG_MSGS -DWINE_NO_TRACE_MSGS  -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -fno-strict-aliasing -gstabs+ -Wpointer-arith  -O2 -o audio.o audio.c
gcc -m32 -c -I. -I. -I../../../include -I../../../include  -D__WINESRC__ -DWINE_NO_DEBUG_MSGS -DWINE_NO_TRACE_MSGS  -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -fno-strict-aliasing -gstabs+ -Wpointer-arith  -O2 -o audioio.o audioio.c
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible //usr/lib/libdl.so when searching for -ldl
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible //usr/lib/libdl.a when searching for -ldl
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/kde/3.3/lib/libartsc.so when searching for -lartsc
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lartsc
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
winegcc: gcc failed.
make[2]: *** [winearts.drv.so] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/wine-20050211/work/wine-20050211/dlls/winmm/winearts'
make[1]: *** [winmm/winearts] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
../../../tools/winebuild/winebuild -D__WINESRC__ -DWINE_NO_DEBUG_MSGS -DWINE_NO_TRACE_MSGS  -o wineaudioio.drv.dbg.c --debug -C. audio.c audioio.c
gcc -m32 -c -I. -I. -I../../../include -I../../../include  -D__WINESRC__ -DWINE_NO_DEBUG_MSGS -DWINE_NO_TRACE_MSGS  -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -fno-strict-aliasing -gstabs+ -Wpointer-arith  -O2 -o wineaudioio.drv.dbg.o wineaudioio.drv.dbg.c
../../../tools/winegcc/winegcc -B../../../tools/winebuild -shared ./wineaudioio.drv.spec    audio.o audioio.o  wineaudioio.drv.dbg.o   -o wineaudioio.drv.so -L../../../dlls  -lwinmm -luser32 -lkernel32 -lntdll -L../../../libs/wine -lwine -ldxguid -luuid  -L../../../libs/port -lwine_port 
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/wine-20050211/work/wine-20050211/dlls/winmm/wineaudioio'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/wine-20050211/work/wine-20050211/dlls'
make: *** [dlls] Error 2

Seems similar to the problem posted by the first poster:
Code:
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible //usr/lib/libdl.so when searching for -ldl
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible //usr/lib/libdl.a when searching for -ldl
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/kde/3.3/lib/libartsc.so when searching for -lartsc
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lartsc

Can't find a compatible library (a 32 bit lib?).
xordan
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it to compile with USE="-arts". Seems to run ok.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: