Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
murray
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikearthur wrote:
murray wrote:
mh... now it seems to work.. (i am compiling at the moment)

I think, my mistake was, that i have modiefied the ebuild with copy and paste.... ^^

Please explain, in english, what you mean. You've confused me somewhat.

Hi mikearthur,

I mean, that I have edit the ebuild by using the mouse... I copy the text with the mouse und paste it into the ebuild file with the mouse
And _this_ was the mistake... i think
Second time I modified the ebuild by using the keyboard.. ;)
If you copy and paste with the mouse, then you copy sometimes any mistakes...
So you should type the solution with keyboard in your ebuild.

greetz
mikemcquaid
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy, seems to work now, just by itself.

Cheers!
SAngeli
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SteakTheMooCow,

thank you for your GUI post. I have few questions to ask:

1) is X11 or emul-linux-x86-xlibs the issue as being related to X? Any idea?
2) How come you emerge system and world twice with emptytree switch? I do not thing this is needed at this poit. Usually, it is good habit to perform this only on system compilation at gentoo install due to gentoo stage 3 issues. Can this be avoided in your openion? Did you try if by just emerge x11 emul-linux-x86-xlibs wine it works? Also is -e needed for the three above apps? Perhaps not?

Please provide som explanations if possible so that I better understand.

Please note that this GUI issue is not present with wine-20050830.
Thank you,
Spiro
SteakTheMooCow
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAngeli wrote:
Hi SteakTheMooCow,

thank you for your GUI post. I have few questions to ask:

1) is X11 or emul-linux-x86-xlibs the issue as being related to X? Any idea?

As far as I know its X11, but I re-emerged xlibs for libXext.so and libXext.a. In the last 24 hours, however, I'm switched to an unstable system with libXext (the ebuild) installed and xorg-x11-6.8.99 installed. So the issue should be in X11, as its been throwing up corruption in other applications.

SAngeli wrote:

2) How come you emerge system and world twice with emptytree switch? I do not thing this is needed at this poit. Usually, it is good habit to perform this only on system compilation at gentoo install due to gentoo stage 3 issues. Can this be avoided in your openion? Did you try if by just emerge x11 emul-linux-x86-xlibs wine it works? Also is -e needed for the three above apps? Perhaps not?

I emerge the system and world twice because the first time you build it, and the second time you rebuild it with the new tools :) Same for the world. Also, if anything breaks the first time through, it tries again.
IamBorg
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having problems emerging wine-20050930. I'm done emerge sync to make sure that I've got the latest ebuild. Here is the error:
Code:
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -o wine-kthread -Wl,--export-dynamic -Wl,--section-start,.interp=0x7bf00400 kthread.o main.o -L../libs/wine -lwine -L../libs/port -lwine_port
main.o(.text+0x58): In function `main':
/var/tmp/portage/wine-20050930/work/wine-20050930/loader/main.c:44: undefined reference to `wine_pthread_set_functions'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [wine-kthread] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/wine-20050930/work/wine-20050930/loader'
make: *** [loader] Error 2

Results from emerge wine -vp.
Code:
[ebuild     U ] app-emulation/wine-20050930 [20050830] +X +alsa -arts* +cups +debug +esd +gif -glut* -jack +jpeg -lcms* +ldap +nas +ncurses +opengl -oss* +scanner +truetype +xml2 0 kB

Any suggestions? I've tried activating every USE flag, to no avail.
RaZoR1394
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave up on 20050930 as I couldn't fix the x11drv error, proceeded with 0.9 beta and now I'm stuck with this error (I'm posting it in a long version because of the loader error above):

Code:

sed -e 's,@bindir\@,/usr/bin,g' -e 's,@dlldir\@,/usr/lib32/wine,g' -e 's,@PACKAG
E_STRING\@,Wine 0.9,g' wine.man.in >wine.man || (rm -f wine.man && false)
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -o wine-glibc glibc.o -L../libs/wine -lwine -L../libs/po
rt -lwine_port -lpthread 
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -o wine-kthread -Wl,--export-dynamic -Wl,--section-start
,.interp=0x7bf00400 kthread.o main.o -L../libs/wine -lwine -L../libs/port -lwine
_port 
main.o: In function `main':
/var/tmp/portage/wine-0.9/work/wine-0.9/loader/main.c:44: undefined reference to
 `wine_pthread_set_functions'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [wine-kthread] Fel 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/wine-0.9/work/wine-0.9/loader'
make: *** [loader] Fel 2
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -c -I. -I. -I../include -I../include  -D__WINESRC__  -Wa
ll -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -fno-strict-aliasing -gstabs+ -Wdeclaratio
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o console.o console.c
make: *** Inväntar oavslutade jobb...
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -c -I. -I. -I../include -I../include  -D__WINESRC__  -Wa
ll -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -fno-strict-aliasing -gstabs+ -Wdeclaratio
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o context_alpha.o conte
xt_alpha.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o context_i386.o contex
t_i386.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o context_powerpc.o con
text_powerpc.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o context_sparc.o conte
xt_sparc.c
n-after-statement
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o debugger.o debugger.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o event.o event.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o fd.o fd.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o file.o file.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o handle.o handle.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o hook.o hook.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o mailslot.o mailslot.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o main.o main.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o mapping.o mapping.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o mutex.o mutex.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o named_pipe.o named_pi
pe.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o object.o object.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o process.o process.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o ptrace.o ptrace.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o queue.o queue.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o region.o region.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o registry.o registry.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o request.o request.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o semaphore.o semaphore
.c
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -c -I. -I. -I../include -I../include  -D__WINESRC_ll -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -fno-strict-aliasing -gstabs+ -Wdeclaratio
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o registry.o registry.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o semaphore.o semaphore
.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o serial.o serial.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o signal.o signal.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o snapshot.o snapshot.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o sock.o sock.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o thread.o thread.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o timer.o timer.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o token.o token.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o trace.o trace.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o unicode.o unicode.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o user.o user.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o window.o window.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o winstation.o winstati
on.c
sed -e 's,@bindir\@,/usr/bin,g' -e 's,@dlldir\@,/usr/lib32/wine,g' -e 's,@PACKAG
E_STRING\@,Wine 0.9,g' wineserver.man.in >wineserver.man || (rm -f wineserver.ma
n && false)
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -o wineserver atom.o change.o class.o clipboard.o consol
e.o context_alpha.o context_i386.o context_powerpc.o context_sparc.o context_x86
_64.o debugger.o event.o fd.o file.o handle.o hook.o mailslot.o main.o mapping.o
 mutex.o named_pipe.o object.o process.o ptrace.o queue.o region.o registry.o re
quest.o semaphore.o serial.o signal.o snapshot.o sock.o thread.o timer.o token.o
 trace.o unicode.o user.o window.o winstation.o  -L../libs/wine -lwine -L../libs
/unicode -lwine_unicode -L../libs/port -lwine_port 
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/wine-0.9/work/wine-0.9/server'_  -Wa
.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o serial.o serial.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o signal.o signal.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o snapshot.o snapshot.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o sock.o sock.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o thread.o thread.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o timer.o timer.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o token.o token.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o trace.o trace.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o unicode.o unicode.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o user.o user.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o window.o window.c
n-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -march=k8 -O2 -pipe  -o winstation.o winstati
on.c
E_STRING\@,Wine 0.9,g' wineserver.man.in >wineserver.man || (rm -f wineserver.ma
n && false)
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -o wineserver atom.o change.o class.o clipboard.o consol
e.o context_alpha.o context_i386.o context_powerpc.o context_sparc.o context_x86
_64.o debugger.o event.o fd.o file.o handle.o hook.o mailslot.o main.o mapping.o
 mutex.o named_pipe.o object.o process.o ptrace.o queue.o region.o registry.o re
quest.o semaphore.o serial.o signal.o snapshot.o sock.o thread.o timer.o token.o
 trace.o unicode.o user.o window.o winstation.o  -L../libs/wine -lwine -L../libs
/unicode -lwine_unicode -L../libs/port -lwine_port 
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/wine-0.9/work/wine-0.9/server'

Please, someone :cry:, any ideas?
IamBorg
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, it's the same problem that I have... I entered a bug https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=110795. The latest version I can emerge is wine-20050830, it doesn't have that function call.
OldTango
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I needed to have IE installed so I could develope web pages and test them in IE. I found this thread and decided to try wine. To my suprise I emerged wine without errors and proceeded to install IE. All is going quite well and IE is now running. However I need to get the plugins working in IE for flash and shockwave adobe etc....................... After a day of searching I haven't found an answer as how I would do this. I have never tried wine before so my knowledge of it, is very limited.

Is it possible to just copy the plugin.dll's into the IE plugins folder or will they need to be installed using the wine installer and if so how would I do this.

Wine is looking better to me all the time as I still have 1 windoz computer I still have to use for 2 applications I can't replace in Linux. If I can get IE working fully and then install these apps in wine I can kiss my windoz PC good bye.......................... :D

Portage 2.0.51.22-r3 (default-linux/amd64/2005.1, gcc-3.4.4, glibc-2.3.5-r2, 2.6.13-gentoo-r1 x86_64)
System uname: 2.6.13-gentoo-r1 x86_64 AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 246

TIA
Gnufsh
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you get ie installed? I haven't managed that on amd64 yet.

AFAIK, you should be able to put the plugins in the correct directory and have them work.
IamBorg
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or if you have the windows installers (or however you installed them on Windows), then you can run those. To run programs in wine (including installers), you can do so on the command line with 'wine ProgramName'. If you installed them via IE on Windows, then they should be able to be installed via IE as well. Sometimes programs need entries within the registry which the installers would handle. http://frankscorner.org/ has some good pointers on how to install IE and othe programs. Also, you can try http://appdb.winehq.org/ which is Wine's application database. Seems http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?versionId=469 has information on how to install the flash plugin as well as IE. 8)
OldTango
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I emerged wine and I didn't configure it at all instead I used this post and followed the very first reccomendation in the little how-to. I downloaded the script extracted it to a temp dir and read the read me. Even though a little vauge it did configure wine and install IE for me. Later I added the DCOM98. Seems to work out ok at least for me it did.

Now I am attempting to get the plugins working and MSMoney. I may have solved the Money problem but I am not sure yet, and I won't know for a few days when I have more time to fool with it.

To bad WineHQ dosen't have a users forum like Gentoo. I think this is the best thing going when it comes to users helping users, and helping to resolve bugs and problems.

Thanks for the advise so far any and all helps.
ttuegel
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IamBorg wrote:
So, it's the same problem that I have... I entered a bug https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=110795. The latest version I can emerge is wine-20050830, it doesn't have that function call.

I was having the same problem with wine-0.9.2, but I managed to put together a solution. It's in bugzilla, under the same bug, naturally.

Basically, that missing function is defined in libwine, but gcc won't link against it without the -m32 flag being applied in the right places because it thinks it's incompatible. I posted an ebuild on bugzilla which takes care of that. There's also winegcc which is used to build some parts of wine, which doesn't recognize the -m32 flag (it uses gcc for compiling/linking things, but doesn't know to pass -m32 on to gcc). I also posted a patch on bugzilla to take care of that. Everything compiles and runs on my machine with that ebuild and patch, but YMMV (as always).
RaZoR1394
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttuegel wrote:
IamBorg wrote:

I was having the same problem with wine-0.9.2, but I managed to put together a solution. It's in bugzilla, under the same bug, naturally.

Basically, that missing function is defined in libwine, but gcc won't link against it without the -m32 flag being applied in the right places because it thinks it's incompatible. I posted an ebuild on bugzilla which takes care of that. There's also winegcc which is used to build some parts of wine, which doesn't recognize the -m32 flag (it uses gcc for compiling/linking things, but doesn't know to pass -m32 on to gcc). I also posted a patch on bugzilla to take care of that. Everything compiles and runs on my machine with that ebuild and patch, but YMMV (as always).

Great job! It finally compiles without a problem. Thanks!
RaZoR1394
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either I'm stupid or the winegcc m32 patch doesn't work with higher versions like 0.9.4 because I get the same error as previously. Any ideas? BTW, why hasn't this patch gotten into portage?
ttuegel
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaZoR1394 wrote:
Either I'm stupid or the winegcc m32 patch doesn't work with higher versions like 0.9.4 because I get the same error as previously. Any ideas? BTW, why hasn't this patch gotten into portage?

I dunno if it works or not. I'll check, and put a new patch in the Bugzilla when I get time if it doesn't, but I won't have time to work on that for a few days. epatch is smart enough to use the old patch, I think (0.9.4 should just be a bug fix release). Are you sure you got all the appropriate flags, etc. from the ebuild?

It is in portage, sorta. After I made that patch, I discovered that all the previous working versions already had a similar patch. I even tried applying that patch. It seemed to work, IIRC. It's just a matter, I think, of whoever maintains that ebuild not applying that patch in the official ebuild.

One reason that the patch and ebuild haven't gone in, I think, is the ebuild I made is platform-specific, because I had to manually add an option to the configure command line. However, I know there's a way to do that for _just_ amd64, I just can't remember what it is at the moment.
RaZoR1394
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very much appreciated! Well 0.9.4 seems to have some Direct3d improvements, that's why I'm interested :).
ttuegel
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaZoR1394 wrote:

I had no problems with the version bump, but then I remembered I made a patch that I never put into bugzilla based on the older, working versions of wine (yeah, they needed a patch to do this exact same thing, I dunno why the maintainer(s) haven't included it in the newer versions).

So, the bugzilla page now has my new patch and a new ebuild, one which is now cross-platform (I think...) so somebody can put it into portage or something (hint, hint, wink, wink). (Take a look, if you have any better ideas about how to handle the 32-bit X library path, let me know, what I did is an ugly, though functional, hack.)
user
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well,
after one year using wine-bin-20041019 overlay i switch to wine-0.9.4 overlay.

I use 64bit x86-64 and compiled wine 32bit with overlay from https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=110795

Using
Code:

USE="X" CFLAGS="-O2 -m32" emerge wine

i ran into a problem with d3d9_test.exe.so
So, quick and dirty patch:
Code:

--- programs/winetest/Makefile.in       2005-12-22 18:50:30.000000000 +0100
+++ programs/winetest/Makefile.in       2005-12-31 21:46:44.000000000 +0100
@@ -26,7 +26,6 @@
        advapi32_test.exe$(DLLEXT) \
        comctl32_test.exe$(DLLEXT) \
        crypt32_test.exe$(DLLEXT) \
-       d3d9_test.exe$(DLLEXT) \
        dinput_test.exe$(DLLEXT) \
        dsound_test.exe$(DLLEXT) \
        gdi32_test.exe$(DLLEXT) \
@@ -105,8 +104,6 @@
        cp $(DLLDIR)/comctl32/tests/comctl32_test.exe$(DLLEXT) $@ && $(STRIP) $@
 crypt32_test.exe$(DLLEXT): $(DLLDIR)/crypt32/tests/crypt32_test.exe$(DLLEXT)
        cp $(DLLDIR)/crypt32/tests/crypt32_test.exe$(DLLEXT) $@ && $(STRIP) $@
-d3d9_test.exe$(DLLEXT): $(DLLDIR)/d3d9/tests/d3d9_test.exe$(DLLEXT)
-       cp $(DLLDIR)/d3d9/tests/d3d9_test.exe$(DLLEXT) $@ && $(STRIP) $@
 ddraw_test.exe$(DLLEXT): $(DLLDIR)/ddraw/tests/ddraw_test.exe$(DLLEXT)
        cp $(DLLDIR)/ddraw/tests/ddraw_test.exe$(DLLEXT) $@ && $(STRIP) $@
 dinput_test.exe$(DLLEXT): $(DLLDIR)/dinput/tests/dinput_test.exe$(DLLEXT)
ttuegel
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

user wrote:

Using
Code:

USE="X" CFLAGS="-O2 -m32" emerge wine

i ran into a problem with d3d9_test.exe.so

You shouldn't be using -m32 in the CFLAGS to compile wine. The ebuild in portage handles that on its own (it just doesn't work on everybody's machines the way it should). The ebuild I put in bugzilla that's mentioned above in this thread works (or should, and I haven't heard of it not working) without any variables set, just "emerge =wine-0.9.4-r1" if you put the wine-0.9.4-r1 ebuild from bugzilla in your overlay.

I'm not sure your problem is related to this, though, just some suggestions. Could you post your error?
user
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, CFLAGS was needless.

Code:

# ebuild /usr/local/portage/app-emulation/wine/wine-0.9.4.ebuild unpack
>>> md5 files   ;-) wine-0.9.4.ebuild
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/wine-0.9.3-gcc-32bit.patch
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/digest-wine-0.9.4
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/wine-20050524-alsa-headers.patch
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/winearts-kdecvs-fix.patch
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/wine-20041019-no-stack.patch
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/wine-0.9.4-null-thread-check.patch
>>> md5 files   ;-) files/wine-0.9.4-no-d3d9-test.patch
>>> md5 src_uri ;-) wine-0.9.4.tar.bz2
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking wine-0.9.4.tar.bz2 to /var/tmp/portage/wine-0.9.4/work
 * Applying wine-20050524-alsa-headers.patch ...                                                                                                                                                                                                          [ ok ]
 * Applying winearts-kdecvs-fix.patch ...                                                                                                                                                                                                                 [ ok ]
 * Applying wine-20041019-no-stack.patch ...                                                                                                                                                                                                              [ ok ]
 * Applying wine-0.9.4-null-thread-check.patch ...                                                                                                                                                                                                        [ ok ]
 * Applying wine-0.9.3-gcc-32bit.patch ...                                                                                                                                                                                                                [ ok ]
>>> Source unpacked.

Code:

# ebuild /usr/local/portage/app-emulation/wine/wine-0.9.4.ebuild compile
make[2]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/wine-0.9.4/work/wine-0.9.4/programs/winetest'
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -DWINE_NO_DEBUG_MSGS -DWINE_NO_TRACE_MSGS  -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -fno-strict-aliasing -gstabs+ -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -O2 -mar
ch=k8 -pipe -I//usr/include/lcms  -o gui.o gui.c
rm -f winepath && ln -s ../../tools/winewrapper winepath
../../tools/winegcc/winegcc -B../../tools/winebuild -mconsole -municode winepath.o   -o winepath.exe.so -L../../dlls -L../../dlls/kernel32 -lkernel32 -L../../libs/wine -lwine  -L../../libs/port -lwine_port -m32 
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libsandbox.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libsandbox.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/wine-0.9.4/work/wine-0.9.4/programs/winepath'
make[2]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/wine-0.9.4/work/wine-0.9.4/programs/winevdm'
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -DWINE_NO_DEBUG_MSGS -DWINE_NO_TRACE_MSGS  -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -fno-strict-aliasing -gstabs+ -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wpointer-arith  -O2 -mar
ch=k8 -pipe -I//usr/include/lcms  -o winevdm.o winevdm.c
ch=k8 -pipe -I//usr/include/lcms  -o main.o main.c
rm -f winevdm && ln -s ../../tools/winewrapper winevdm
../../tools/winegcc/winegcc -B../../tools/winebuild -mconsole winevdm.o   -o winevdm.exe.so -L../../dlls -L../../dlls/user32 -L../../dlls/kernel32 -luser32 -lkernel32 -L../../libs/wine -lwine  -L../../libs/port -lwine_port -m32 
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/wine-0.9.4/work/wine-0.9.4/programs/winevdm'
make[2]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/wine-0.9.4/work/wine-0.9.4/programs/winhelp'
ch=k8 -pipe -I//usr/include/lcms  -o callback.o callback.c
ch=k8 -pipe -I//usr/include/lcms  -o send.o send.c
ch=k8 -pipe -I//usr/include/lcms  -o hlpfile.o hlpfile.c
ch=k8 -pipe -I//usr/include/lcms  -o util.o util.c
../../tools/bin2res -f -o wine.ico ./winetest.rc
cp ../../dlls/advpack/tests/advpack_test.exe.so advpack_test.exe.so && x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-strip advpack_test.exe.so
cp ../../dlls/advapi32/tests/advapi32_test.exe.so advapi32_test.exe.so && x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-strip advapi32_test.exe.so
cp ../../dlls/comctl32/tests/comctl32_test.exe.so comctl32_test.exe.so && x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-strip comctl32_test.exe.so
ch=k8 -pipe -I//usr/include/lcms  -o macro.o macro.c
cp ../../dlls/crypt32/tests/crypt32_test.exe.so crypt32_test.exe.so && x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-strip crypt32_test.exe.so
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `../../dlls/d3d9/tests/d3d9_test.exe.so', needed by `d3d9_test.exe.so'.  Stop.
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/wine-0.9.4/work/wine-0.9.4/programs/winetest'
make[1]: *** [winetest] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
ch=k8 -pipe -I//usr/include/lcms  -o string.o string.c
ch=k8 -pipe -I//usr/include/lcms  -o winhelp.o winhelp.c
flex -8 -i ./macro.lex.l
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="../../libs/unicode:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" ../../tools/wrc/wrc --nostdinc -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -DWINE_NO_DEBUG_MSGS -DWINE_NO_TRACE_MSGS  -DWINELIB -forsrc.res rsrc.rc
rm -f winhelp && ln -s ../../tools/winewrapper winhelp
ch=k8 -pipe -I//usr/include/lcms  -o lex.yy.o lex.yy.c
./macro.lex.l:120: warning: 'ts' defined but not used
../../tools/winegcc/winegcc -B../../tools/winebuild -mwindows callback.o hlpfile.o macro.o string.o winhelp.o lex.yy.o rsrc.res -o winhelp.exe.so -L../../dlls -L../../dlls/comdlg32 -L../../dlls/shell32 -L../../dlls/user32 -L../../dlls/gdi32 -L../../dlls/ke
rnel32 -lcomdlg32 -lshell32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lkernel32 -L../../libs/wine -lwine  -L../../libs/port -lwine_port -m32 
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/wine-0.9.4/work/wine-0.9.4/programs/winhelp'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/wine-0.9.4/work/wine-0.9.4/programs'
make: *** [programs] Error 2

!!! ERROR: app-emulation/wine-0.9.4 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 140, Exitcode 2
!!! all
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.

Code:

Portage 2.0.53 (default-linux/amd64/2005.0, gcc-3.4.4, glibc-2.3.5-r2, 2.6.14-ck7 x86_64)
=================================================================
Gentoo Base System version 1.6.13
dev-lang/python:     2.3.5-r2, 2.4.2
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.12
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.59-r6
sys-devel/automake:  1.4_p6, 1.5, 1.6.3, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r1
sys-devel/binutils:  2.16.1
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.20
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.11-r2
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=k8 -pipe -ftracer"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=k8 -pipe -ftracer"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="autoconfig distlocks sandbox sfperms strict"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage"
USE="-X -gnome -arts multilib nptl nptlonly gtk2"
ttuegel
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wine-0.9.6 is now out and in portage. It's still not working for me straight out of portage, I don't know if anyone else is having that problem still. Renaming the ebuild from bugzilla in your overlay from wine-0.9.5-r1.ebuild to wine-0.9.6.ebuild should do the trick.
RaZoR1394
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttuegel wrote:
wine-0.9.6 is now out and in portage. It's still not working for me straight out of portage, I don't know if anyone else is having that problem still. Renaming the ebuild from bugzilla in your overlay from wine-0.9.5-r1.ebuild to wine-0.9.6.ebuild should do the trick.

Yes I'm still having that annoying problem. I think It's something bad configuration wise on my system as my other amd64 computer manages to install the unedited wine ebuilds without any problem. I also copied the wine-0.9.4-r1 ebuild as it was the last one that worked for me to wine-0.9.6-r1 and tried emerging it but it failed patching. So I commented out the patch:

Quote:

epatch "${FILESDIR}"/${P}-null-thread-check.patch

It compiles fine and I think It's ok to remove that patch as it was removed in the original 0.9.5 ebuild. Also, it seems like this patch was removed in the original 0.9.6 ebuild:

Quote:

epatch "${FILESDIR}"/wine-wmf.patch

edit:

Seems to work fine but my icons in for ex WhereIsIt are still white since 0.9.4 for some reason like they were with some of the alpha builds.
ttuegel
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaZoR1394 wrote:
Yes I'm still having that annoying problem. I think It's something bad configuration wise on my system as my other amd64 computer manages to install the unedited wine ebuilds without any problem.

A fresh install solved all my worries (with wine, anyway). Did your amd64 machine that's having problems go through the profile change last year? Mine did, and I suspect I fsck'd something up in the transition, hence my 32/64-bit issues, as I know that was something affected by the change.

Anyway, when I get everything up and running again, I can post an emerge --info if you'd like, but I think a standard fresh install will do it for you.
RaZoR1394
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttuegel wrote:
RaZoR1394 wrote:
Yes I'm still having that annoying problem. I think It's something bad configuration wise on my system as my other amd64 computer manages to install the unedited wine ebuilds without any problem.

A fresh install solved all my worries (with wine, anyway). Did your amd64 machine that's having problems go through the profile change last year? Mine did, and I suspect I fsck'd something up in the transition, hence my 32/64-bit issues, as I know that was something affected by the change.

Anyway, when I get everything up and running again, I can post an emerge --info if you'd like, but I think a standard fresh install will do it for you.

Yeah, I had a major problem but it was not because of a profile change but rather a change from stable amd64 to testing amd64 (~amd64) and probably also a gcc upgrade. It was a major process to fix it by following several guides and using my own tricks but I finally did it and haven't experienced any problems since. Obviously one or more problems still persist like the wine one. I would probably reinstall if there was something like Jackass. Maybe another profile upgrade could fix it (to 2005.1)?
ttuegel
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaZoR1394 wrote:
Yeah, I had a major problem but it was not because of a profile change but rather a change from stable amd64 to testing amd64 (~amd64) and probably also a gcc upgrade. It was a major process to fix it by following several guides and using my own tricks but I finally did it and haven't experienced any problems since. Obviously one or more problems still persist like the wine one. I would probably reinstall if there was something like Jackass. Maybe another profile upgrade could fix it (to 2005.1)?

This isn't an ~amd64 problem. I've been ~amd64 all along and my fresh install was, too.

I don't know that anything would get fixed in the 2005.0->2005.1 upgrade, though. I did my fresh install with 2005.1-r1, however, and it seems to work. I'm convinced that the problem occured when I did the big profile upgrade, because this seems to be library related (the problem is gcc linking against the wrong type of library). I had to do it manually because the automatic script didn't work, which may be an indication that my machine was set up incorrectly to begin with.

I say "it seems to work" because I haven't tested wine; I don't have all the other critical pieces of software installed on my machine yet, which is my top priority right now. However, it compiles cleanly, which suggests to me that it will run at least as well as it ever did before.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: