wpa_supplicant causes wierd keyboard problems
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swordfishbg
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: wpa_supplicant causes wierd keyboard problems Reply with quote

this is a strange one.... not sure if its the ndiswrapper module or the wpa_supplicant program itself... but everytime i am connected to my wireless network sometimes when typing it will pause or repeat the letters i type... for example if i type "a" sometimes it will repeat itself "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" any help is appreciated thanks !
NVidia Geforce 6800 GT PCIe
Gentoo 2004.3
uncleringo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've experienced something similar to this. I'm 99% certain wpa_supplicant is the culprit since I haven't noticed the same behaviour when not running it.

Either I hit a ket and it just starts repeating and never ends or my keyboard is just completely dead. In both cases if I tell kde to reboot the machine (I can't use a console since my keyboard is not longer functional - I can't even cntl-alt-backspace) then after seemingly logging out ok my machine just hangs with a black screen and a text cursor underscore in the top left corner.

Fairly annoying since it seems to strike randomly and inconsistantly - some days i have no problems, some days it happens multiple times.

Thinking about it I do wonder if it's got anything to do with the ndiswrapper module. Sometimes I'll lose my connection and ndiswrapper seems to crash. If I unplug the usb wireless adapter it still shows up under iwconfig (wlan0). If I try to

# rmmod ndiswrapper

the command just sits there forever and it's never removed and I can't insert it again. The only solution is to reboot :(

Gonna check out the wpa_supplicant and ndiswrapper sites to see if there's any mention of these problems there.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: