Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
2.6.11-rc4-nitro1 "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Evil Dark Archon
Guru
Guru


Joined: 21 Dec 2002
Posts: 562
Location: Santa Rosa, CA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.evil-sources.org/fix-x86_64-asm-offsets2.patch
_________________
This post has been over explained for newb-informing purposes.

Registered Linux user 347334
Abit AV8-3rd eye, AMD Athlon64 3500+ 90nm, ATI Radeon x850 pro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
predatorfreak
l33t
l33t


Joined: 13 Jan 2005
Posts: 708
Location: USA, Michigan.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_tez wrote:
predatorfreak wrote:
sir_tez wrote:
Which io scheduler do you guys recommend for gaming? I'd been using CFQ all this time, but word *finally* got to me that it's not the best for gaming. There were also some comments that staircase is bad for gaming but I don't think there's a way to change the process scheduler.


Got a source for this? as those are blatent lies, Staircase and CFQ are both great in gaming and provide great system proformance and respondiveness. Pretty much, staircase and CFQ should provide the BEST gaming proformance of any IO/CPU Scheduler combo.


Sheesh, this isn't a personal attack, dude. I've been using CFQ since 2.6.1 or so. Just experimenting. When I read this thread:

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-280793-highlight-speeding.html

I wondered what the differences were between the 4 io-schedulers and such.


What they state is that because staircase and CFQ are fair they don't give as many resources, but this wouldn't matter much anyway. When you play a game, it will truely suck resources, unfair schedulers could even lead to your entire system HANGING. In other words, your best bet truely is CFQ/Staircase because both are fair to all processes, preventing starvation.

Edit: Also, staircase has Improved quite alot since that article on kerneltrap.
Edit: Fixed stupid typo's.
_________________
System: predatorbox
Distro: Arch Linux x86_64
Current projects: blackhole, convmedia and anything else I cook up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Isaiah
Guru
Guru


Joined: 25 Feb 2003
Posts: 359

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been awhile since I played with nitro and reiser4 - am pleased to report everything is working great here :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John5788
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Posts: 2099
Location: 127.0.0.1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

predatorfreak wrote:
sir_tez wrote:
predatorfreak wrote:
sir_tez wrote:
Which io scheduler do you guys recommend for gaming? I'd been using CFQ all this time, but word *finally* got to me that it's not the best for gaming. There were also some comments that staircase is bad for gaming but I don't think there's a way to change the process scheduler.


Got a source for this? as those are blatent lies, Staircase and CFQ are both great in gaming and provide great system proformance and respondiveness. Pretty much, staircase and CFQ should provide the BEST gaming proformance of any IO/CPU Scheduler combo.


Sheesh, this isn't a personal attack, dude. I've been using CFQ since 2.6.1 or so. Just experimenting. When I read this thread:

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-280793-highlight-speeding.html

I wondered what the differences were between the 4 io-schedulers and such.


What they state is that because staircase and CFQ are fair they don't give as many resources, but this wouldn't matter much anyway. When you play a game, it will truely suck resources, unfair schedulers could even lead to your entire system HANGING. In other words, your best bet truely is CFQ/Staircase because both are fair to all processes, preventing starvation.

Edit: Also, staircase has Improved quite alot since that article on kerneltrap.
Edit: Fixed stupid typo's.


its the sacrifice u make :) speed over stability
_________________
John5788
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arainach
l33t
l33t


Joined: 08 Jul 2004
Posts: 609

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These things work perfectly with the latest ati-drivers. Other people with 2.6.10 and 2.6.11 kernels are having problems - I was having problems under nitro 2.6.11-rc3. But something in this release made it all work flawlessly. Grats on the great kernel release, AGAIN.

Oh, and I still can't get vesafb-tng working, but I'll experiment with the regular vesa and radeon framebuffers and see if I can't make something happen. Here's my grub.conf:

Code:
title Gentoo Linux (trying to fix the Fscking FB)
root (hd0,0)
kernel (hd0,0)/kernel-nitro ro root=/dev/hda3 video=vesafb:ywrap,mtrr,pmipal,1280x1024-32@60 splash=verbose,theme:emergence
initrd (hd0,0)/fbsplash-emergence-1280x1024
Any tips? I had vesafb-tng working great back in Gentoo-dev-sources-2.6.9-r13, but I'm sticking with Nitro now, so it looks like it's troubleshooting time for me.
_________________
Gentoo: Stage3 w/ NPTL & udev, gcc 3.4.4 full rebuild
Kernel: 2.6.15-gentoo-r1 w/ 1G-Lowmem Patch
System: Athlon XP 2.2Ghz/1GB Corsair Value/160GB, 250GB WD IDE/128MB GeForce 6800/Sony 17" Trinitron G200 @ 1280x1024x75Hz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
predatorfreak
l33t
l33t


Joined: 13 Jan 2005
Posts: 708
Location: USA, Michigan.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John5788 wrote:
predatorfreak wrote:
sir_tez wrote:
predatorfreak wrote:
sir_tez wrote:
Which io scheduler do you guys recommend for gaming? I'd been using CFQ all this time, but word *finally* got to me that it's not the best for gaming. There were also some comments that staircase is bad for gaming but I don't think there's a way to change the process scheduler.


Got a source for this? as those are blatent lies, Staircase and CFQ are both great in gaming and provide great system proformance and respondiveness. Pretty much, staircase and CFQ should provide the BEST gaming proformance of any IO/CPU Scheduler combo.


Sheesh, this isn't a personal attack, dude. I've been using CFQ since 2.6.1 or so. Just experimenting. When I read this thread:

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-280793-highlight-speeding.html

I wondered what the differences were between the 4 io-schedulers and such.


What they state is that because staircase and CFQ are fair they don't give as many resources, but this wouldn't matter much anyway. When you play a game, it will truely suck resources, unfair schedulers could even lead to your entire system HANGING. In other words, your best bet truely is CFQ/Staircase because both are fair to all processes, preventing starvation.

Edit: Also, staircase has Improved quite alot since that article on kerneltrap.
Edit: Fixed stupid typo's.


its the sacrifice u make :) speed over stability


Its a sacrifice I would NEVER make, stablity is above all else on my list, if something destablizes my entire system, it goes and if i can, i try to make sure not to do anything which could have a destablizing effect. Stablity and security come before speed on my machine.
_________________
System: predatorbox
Distro: Arch Linux x86_64
Current projects: blackhole, convmedia and anything else I cook up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jzono1
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 01 Feb 2004
Posts: 128

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nvidia is being just silly with this one for me:
Code:
NVIDIA: calling KBUILD...
make CC=gcc KBUILD_OUTPUT=/lib/modules/2.6.11-rc4-nitro1/build KBUILD_VERBOSE=1 -C /lib/modules/2.6.11-rc4-nitro1/source SUBDIRS=/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.11-rc4-nitro1'
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.11-rc4-nitro1/build            \
KBUILD_SRC=/usr/src/linux-2.6.11-rc4-nitro1          KBUILD_VERBOSE=1   \
KBUILD_CHECK= KBUILD_EXTMOD="/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv\        -f /usr/src/linux-2.6.11-rc4-nitro1/Makefile modules
mkdir -p /home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/.tmp_versions
make -f /usr/src/linux-2.6.11-rc4-nitro1/scripts/Makefile.build obj=/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/.os-agp.o.d -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.4/include -D__KERNEL__ -Iinclude -Iinclude2 -I/usr/src/linux-2.6.11-rc4-nitro1/include  -I/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -ffreestanding -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -msoft-float -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i686 -I/usr/src/linux-2.6.11-rc4-nitro1/include/asm-i386/mach-default -Iinclude/asm-i386/mach-default -Wdeclaration-after-statement  -I/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv -Wall -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wswitch -Wformat -Wchar-subscripts -Wparentheses -Wpointer-arith -Wno-multichar -Werror -O -fno-common -MD -Wno-cast-qual -Wno-error -D_LOOSE_KERNEL_NAMES -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DNTRM -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LOOSE_KERNEL_NAMES -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DNV_MAJOR_VERSION=1 -DNV_MINOR_VERSION=0 -DNV_PATCHLEVEL=6629 -DNV_UNIX -DNV_LINUX -DNV_INT64_OK -DNVCPU_X86 -UDEBUG -U_DEBUG -DNDEBUG -DNV_REMAP_PFN_RANGE_PRESENT -DNV_CHANGE_PAGE_ATTR_PRESENT -DNV_PCI_DISABLE_DEVICE_PRESENT -DNV_CLASS_SIMPLE_CREATE_PRESENT -DNV_PCI_GET_CLASS_PRESENT -DMODULE -DKBUILD_BASENAME=os_agp -DKBUILD_MODNAME=nvidia -c -o /home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.o /home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c
In file included from include/linux/list.h:7,
                 from include/linux/wait.h:23,
                 from include/asm/semaphore.h:41,
                 from include/linux/sched.h:19,
                 from include/linux/module.h:10,
                 from /home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/nv-linux.h:52,
                 from /home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:24:
include/linux/prefetch.h: In function `prefetch_range':
include/linux/prefetch.h:62: warning: pointer of type `void *' used in arithmetic
In file included from include/linux/dmapool.h:14,
                 from include/linux/pci.h:864,
                 from /home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/nv-linux.h:75,
                 from /home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:24:
include/asm/io.h: In function `check_signature':
include/asm/io.h:242: warning: wrong type argument to increment
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c: At top level:
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:48: error: syntax error before '*' token
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:48: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `drm_agp_p'
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:48: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c: In function `KernInitAGP':
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:76: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:85: error: request for member `acquire' in something not a structure or union
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:88: warning: `inter_module_put' is deprecated (declared at include/linux/module.h:578)
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:113: error: request for member `copy_info' in something not a structure or union
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:173: error: request for member `enable' in something not a structure or union
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:185: error: request for member `release' in something not a structure or union
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:186: warning: `inter_module_put' is deprecated (declared at include/linux/module.h:578)
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c: In function `KernTeardownAGP':
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:216: error: request for member `release' in something not a structure or union
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:218: warning: `inter_module_put' is deprecated (declared at include/linux/module.h:578)
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c: In function `KernAllocAGPPages':
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:265: error: request for member `allocate_memory' in something not a structure or union
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:273: error: request for member `bind_memory' in something not a structure or union
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:290: error: request for member `unbind_memory' in something not a structure or union
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:305: error: request for member `free_memory' in something not a structure or union
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c: In function `KernMapAGPPages':
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:345: error: request for member `unbind_memory' in something not a structure or union
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c: In function `KernFreeAGPPages':
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:444: error: request for member `unbind_memory' in something not a structure or union
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:445: error: request for member `free_memory' in something not a structure or union
make[3]: *** [/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [_module_/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv] Error 2
make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.11-rc4-nitro1'
NVIDIA: left KBUILD.
nvidia.ko failed to build!
make: *** [module] Error 1


I downloaded the pkg1 file & did stuff by hand, is that suposed to be fine?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sibov
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 09 Feb 2004
Posts: 147
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:lol: :D :lol:

GREAT WORK SEPPE

This kernel looks damned good.

This kernel gets a gaming approved seal for Teamspeak working :wink:
_________________
Gentoo 2.6.17-gentoo-r5 with dmraid Raid0 Dualboot
AMD64 X2 3800+, 4x512MB DDR PC3200Pro Corsair Geforce EN6600GT silencer @ 256MB
4x250GB SATAII Samsung SP120, Asus A8N Premium, Plextor PX712SA DVDRW
Logitech Dinovo, SB Audigy4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GaMMa
l33t
l33t


Joined: 23 Aug 2002
Posts: 684
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried upgrading from 2.6.10-nitro4 and the keyboard doesn't seem to work on this release. The numlock key stays on when it boots into a login prompt... any ideas? I've had this problem with mm-sources in the past, and still don't know the cause.
_________________
Ubuntu Linux Dapper Drake running Gnome-2.14.1
[Website | Screenshot | Portage Guide]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bollucks
l33t
l33t


Joined: 27 Oct 2004
Posts: 606

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaMMa wrote:
I just tried upgrading from 2.6.10-nitro4 and the keyboard doesn't seem to work on this release. The numlock key stays on when it boots into a login prompt... any ideas? I've had this problem with mm-sources in the past, and still don't know the cause.

You can see this happen if you leave legacy USB support enabled or even set to AUTO in your BIOS. See if that's on, and try disabling it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cisien
n00b
n00b


Joined: 16 Nov 2003
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jzono1 wrote:
Nvidia is being just silly with this one for me:
Code:
NVIDIA: calling KBUILD...
make CC=gcc KBUILD_OUTPUT=/lib/modules/2.6.11-rc4-nitro1/build KBUILD_VERBOSE=1 -C /lib/modules/2.6.11-rc4-nitro1/source SUBDIRS=/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.11-rc4-nitro1'
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.11-rc4-nitro1/build            \
KBUILD_SRC=/usr/src/linux-2.6.11-rc4-nitro1          KBUILD_VERBOSE=1   \
KBUILD_CHECK= KBUILD_EXTMOD="/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv\        -f /usr/src/linux-2.6.11-rc4-nitro1/Makefile modules
mkdir -p /home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/.tmp_versions
make -f /usr/src/linux-2.6.11-rc4-nitro1/scripts/Makefile.build obj=/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/.os-agp.o.d -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.4/include -D__KERNEL__ -Iinclude -Iinclude2 -I/usr/src/linux-2.6.11-rc4-nitro1/include  -I/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -ffreestanding -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -msoft-float -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i686 -I/usr/src/linux-2.6.11-rc4-nitro1/include/asm-i386/mach-default -Iinclude/asm-i386/mach-default -Wdeclaration-after-statement  -I/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv -Wall -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wswitch -Wformat -Wchar-subscripts -Wparentheses -Wpointer-arith -Wno-multichar -Werror -O -fno-common -MD -Wno-cast-qual -Wno-error -D_LOOSE_KERNEL_NAMES -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DNTRM -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LOOSE_KERNEL_NAMES -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DNV_MAJOR_VERSION=1 -DNV_MINOR_VERSION=0 -DNV_PATCHLEVEL=6629 -DNV_UNIX -DNV_LINUX -DNV_INT64_OK -DNVCPU_X86 -UDEBUG -U_DEBUG -DNDEBUG -DNV_REMAP_PFN_RANGE_PRESENT -DNV_CHANGE_PAGE_ATTR_PRESENT -DNV_PCI_DISABLE_DEVICE_PRESENT -DNV_CLASS_SIMPLE_CREATE_PRESENT -DNV_PCI_GET_CLASS_PRESENT -DMODULE -DKBUILD_BASENAME=os_agp -DKBUILD_MODNAME=nvidia -c -o /home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.o /home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c
In file included from include/linux/list.h:7,
                 from include/linux/wait.h:23,
                 from include/asm/semaphore.h:41,
                 from include/linux/sched.h:19,
                 from include/linux/module.h:10,
                 from /home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/nv-linux.h:52,
                 from /home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:24:
include/linux/prefetch.h: In function `prefetch_range':
include/linux/prefetch.h:62: warning: pointer of type `void *' used in arithmetic
In file included from include/linux/dmapool.h:14,
                 from include/linux/pci.h:864,
                 from /home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/nv-linux.h:75,
                 from /home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:24:
include/asm/io.h: In function `check_signature':
include/asm/io.h:242: warning: wrong type argument to increment
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c: At top level:
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:48: error: syntax error before '*' token
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:48: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `drm_agp_p'
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:48: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c: In function `KernInitAGP':
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:76: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:85: error: request for member `acquire' in something not a structure or union
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:88: warning: `inter_module_put' is deprecated (declared at include/linux/module.h:578)
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:113: error: request for member `copy_info' in something not a structure or union
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:173: error: request for member `enable' in something not a structure or union
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:185: error: request for member `release' in something not a structure or union
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:186: warning: `inter_module_put' is deprecated (declared at include/linux/module.h:578)
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c: In function `KernTeardownAGP':
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:216: error: request for member `release' in something not a structure or union
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:218: warning: `inter_module_put' is deprecated (declared at include/linux/module.h:578)
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c: In function `KernAllocAGPPages':
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:265: error: request for member `allocate_memory' in something not a structure or union
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:273: error: request for member `bind_memory' in something not a structure or union
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:290: error: request for member `unbind_memory' in something not a structure or union
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:305: error: request for member `free_memory' in something not a structure or union
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c: In function `KernMapAGPPages':
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:345: error: request for member `unbind_memory' in something not a structure or union
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c: In function `KernFreeAGPPages':
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:444: error: request for member `unbind_memory' in something not a structure or union
/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.c:445: error: request for member `free_memory' in something not a structure or union
make[3]: *** [/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv/os-agp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [_module_/home/jo/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/src/nv] Error 2
make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.11-rc4-nitro1'
NVIDIA: left KBUILD.
nvidia.ko failed to build!
make: *** [module] Error 1


I downloaded the pkg1 file & did stuff by hand, is that suposed to be fine?


good to know i'm not the only poor sucker to have this issue...

i have a post i started... link: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-297528.html

any input would be appreciated
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wong
n00b
n00b


Joined: 25 Aug 2004
Posts: 15
Location: Czech Republic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys, i have a little probem
when I try to compile rt2400 module (for wifi card) I get this:
Code:
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.11-rc4-nitro1'
  CC [M]  /home/wong/tmp/rt2400-1.2.1/Module/rtmp_main.o
/home/wong/tmp/rt2400-1.2.1/Module/rtmp_main.c: In function `RT2400_probe':
/home/wong/tmp/rt2400-1.2.1/Module/rtmp_main.c:134: warning: passing arg 1 of `readl' makes pointer from integer without a cast
/home/wong/tmp/rt2400-1.2.1/Module/rtmp_main.c:135: warning: passing arg 1 of `readl' makes pointer from integer without a cast
/home/wong/tmp/rt2400-1.2.1/Module/rtmp_main.c: In function `RT2400_open':
/home/wong/tmp/rt2400-1.2.1/Module/rtmp_main.c:258: warning: passing arg 2 of `writel' makes pointer from integer without a cast
/home/wong/tmp/rt2400-1.2.1/Module/rtmp.h:862: sorry, unimplemented: inlining failed in call to 'NICDisableInterrupt': function body not available
/home/wong/tmp/rt2400-1.2.1/Module/rtmp_main.c:205: sorry, unimplemented: called from here
/home/wong/tmp/rt2400-1.2.1/Module/rtmp.h:865: sorry, unimplemented: inlining failed in call to 'NICEnableInterrupt': function body not available
/home/wong/tmp/rt2400-1.2.1/Module/rtmp_main.c:259: sorry, unimplemented: called from here
/home/wong/tmp/rt2400-1.2.1/Module/rtmp_main.c: In function `RTMPIsr':
/home/wong/tmp/rt2400-1.2.1/Module/rtmp_main.c:378: warning: passing arg 1 of `readl' makes pointer from integer without a cast
/home/wong/tmp/rt2400-1.2.1/Module/rtmp_main.c:379: warning: passing arg 2 of `writel' makes pointer from integer without a cast
/home/wong/tmp/rt2400-1.2.1/Module/rtmp_main.c: In function `RT2400_set_rx_mode':
/home/wong/tmp/rt2400-1.2.1/Module/rtmp_main.c:580: warning: passing arg 2 of `writel' makes pointer from integer without a cast
/home/wong/tmp/rt2400-1.2.1/Module/rtmp_main.c:586: warning: passing arg 2 of `writel' makes pointer from integer without a cast
make[2]: *** [/home/wong/tmp/rt2400-1.2.1/Module/rtmp_main.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [_module_/home/wong/tmp/rt2400-1.2.1/Module] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.11-rc4-nitro1'
rt2400.ko failed to build!
make: *** [module] Error 1

same module i'm currently using on gentoo-dev-sources 2.6.8-gentoo-r5
any suggestion what is wrong?
_________________
Compaq EVO N620c with gentoo 2004.3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DL8
n00b
n00b


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 54
Location: Israel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the release. I've downloaded, compiled and installed it smoothly. Now all I need now is to reboot and run, but I'm too lazy to do it right now. Besides, I'm having an uptime record in my box and I don't want to stop now (The uptime is quite low but high for me... 6 days and 5:23 hours). Reports later
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GaMMa
l33t
l33t


Joined: 23 Aug 2002
Posts: 684
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bollucks wrote:
GaMMa wrote:
I just tried upgrading from 2.6.10-nitro4 and the keyboard doesn't seem to work on this release. The numlock key stays on when it boots into a login prompt... any ideas? I've had this problem with mm-sources in the past, and still don't know the cause.

You can see this happen if you leave legacy USB support enabled or even set to AUTO in your BIOS. See if that's on, and try disabling it.

I've got a Dell i5150 laptop, and they really dumb down the bios. The only option that even mentions USB is "USB Emulation" and disabling that didn't fix my keyboard... :/
_________________
Ubuntu Linux Dapper Drake running Gnome-2.14.1
[Website | Screenshot | Portage Guide]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DarkStorm_Inc
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 105
Location: The Ether

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im running across the same nvidia problem.. anyone know how to fix?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tiger683
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 08 Jan 2005
Posts: 1347
Location: Heffner's House

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can thank the guy who refused to post it in the nitro thread, in his own thread there was a solution, and now it kinda disappeared.
Maybe this way ppl will learn to post probs about sources IN the thread of the sources.....

regards,

T

PS:

try emerging the r3, it helped that guy
_________________
Retired gentoo user
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pink
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 24 Jul 2003
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger683 wrote:
You can thank the guy who refused to post it in the nitro thread, in his own thread there was a solution, and now it kinda disappeared.
Maybe this way ppl will learn to post probs about sources IN the thread of the sources.....

regards,

T

PS:

try emerging the r3, it helped that guy


I remember asking him to post here - so I had a look at my posts and here we are :D

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-297528-highlight-.html

Umm, I assume this is the thread you were talking about?
_________________
usefuljaja.com - VPS Tutorials
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tiger683
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 08 Jan 2005
Posts: 1347
Location: Heffner's House

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thanks.

T
_________________
Retired gentoo user
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
discomfitor
l33t
l33t


Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Posts: 927
Location: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to have fallen off the face of the earth for a few days, but never fear! Darckness is here!

Erm...

[Subtitle: new release in R&D]
_________________
There is no substitute for experience.
Imperfection indicates a lack of effort.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DarkStorm_Inc
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 105
Location: The Ether

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if that does work for my nvidia problem ill soon have a nice nitro to attend to, just wonder how much of a speed up it will be...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Robin79
l33t
l33t


Joined: 18 Oct 2003
Posts: 632
Location: /home/valdemarsvik

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only me that gets probs on resierf4? I have one 200 gb maxtor disk.. When i try to look on it it takes 100% cpu adn only thing to get it back to notmal is a reboot have the same probs with all 2.6.11 nitros haven tried any other ones yet... I w8 for the enxt one and stick to 2.6.10-2 that works flawless for me stable and fast...
_________________
Gentoo 2005.0
ASUS P5AD2 Deluxe MB
Intel P4 3.2GHz
PCI-E Nvidia Geforce PCX 5750
--------------------

Registered Linux User Nr # 319050 http://counter.li.org
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gimpel
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 15 Oct 2004
Posts: 2720
Location: Munich, Bavaria

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin79 wrote:
Only me that gets probs on resierf4? I have one 200 gb maxtor disk.. When i try to look on it it takes 100% cpu adn only thing to get it back to notmal is a reboot have the same probs with all 2.6.11 nitros haven tried any other ones yet... I w8 for the enxt one and stick to 2.6.10-2 that works flawless for me stable and fast...


this is a general problem when using reiser4 together with staircase, they hate each other.
but that only affects .11-rcX releases...
http://gimpel.funpic.de/vv_test0_bonniepp.html
_________________
http://proaudio.tuxfamily.org/wiki - pro-audio software overlay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jzono1
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 01 Feb 2004
Posts: 128

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some hdd access lockups, especially with painkiller loading...
maybe me having ich5 & tx2 raid controllers have something to do with that?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Robin79
l33t
l33t


Joined: 18 Oct 2003
Posts: 632
Location: /home/valdemarsvik

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okey hope it will work better in next realese then :) jzono1: does painkiller work in linux without cedega?
_________________
Gentoo 2005.0
ASUS P5AD2 Deluxe MB
Intel P4 3.2GHz
PCI-E Nvidia Geforce PCX 5750
--------------------

Registered Linux User Nr # 319050 http://counter.li.org
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bollucks
l33t
l33t


Joined: 27 Oct 2004
Posts: 606

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gimpel wrote:
Robin79 wrote:
Only me that gets probs on resierf4? I have one 200 gb maxtor disk.. When i try to look on it it takes 100% cpu adn only thing to get it back to notmal is a reboot have the same probs with all 2.6.11 nitros haven tried any other ones yet... I w8 for the enxt one and stick to 2.6.10-2 that works flawless for me stable and fast...


this is a general problem when using reiser4 together with staircase, they hate each other.
but that only affects .11-rcX releases...
http://gimpel.funpic.de/vv_test0_bonniepp.html


This does not sound like a "behavioural" bug but is almost certainly a merge problem with reiser4 and staircase. Poor interactivity is not the same as a hang stuck with 100% cpu usage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum