Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Report violations, duplicates, misplaced posts, etc.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pilla
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 07 Aug 2002
Posts: 7627
Location: Pelotas, BR

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Report violations, duplicates, misplaced posts, etc. Reply with quote

This will allow an easy method of contacting all moderators at one time.
  • Users:
    • If you spot what you believe to be a duplicate post, please post a link to it here. In addition, include a link to what is being duplicated.
    • If you find a post you think belongs in a different forum, let us know.
    • Avoid multiple reports of spam:
      • If a user's posts are all spam, report the user, not the posts.
      • Review this thread after submitting a report. Please delete your report if someone beat you to the punch.
    • Any other post that you think requires moderation (violations of Guidelines, broken BBcode, etc.).

  • Moderators:
    • Please delete posts after you've addressed them.
Thanks in advance.

(original post from pjp)

2009-06-03: Added spam reporting tips. --timeBandit
_________________
"I'm just very selective about the reality I choose to accept." -- Calvin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hu
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 12480

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: returnof Snekiepete
Reason: Based on name, first posts of this account, and last posts of account snekiepete this looks like a new account for an old user. Suggest confirming the relation and merging the accounts if they are the same person.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fedeliallalinea
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 08 Mar 2003
Posts: 19029
Location: here

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: gregorybroccoli
Topic: Gregory Broccoli- gentoo memory
Post: post 8195650
Reason: suspect

So far no indication of spam. --pjp, 2018.07.11
_________________
Questions are guaranteed in life; Answers aren't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hu
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 12480

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: lizardking256
Reason: One legitimate looking post, but a very suspicious profile URL. Probable profile spammer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bammbamm808
Guru
Guru


Joined: 08 Dec 2002
Posts: 435
Location: Hawaii

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: notageek
Topic: QUIZ: What Is the Common Theme in This Picture?
Post: post 8236920
Reason:

Those dont look like .22s to me. They look centerfire, and about 9mm in diameter. Perportions are more like ad 22 short than 22 lr, but theyre too big.

[Did you mean to report the post or to reply to it? Your given reason looks like it would be reasonable as a reply to the reported post. -Hu]
_________________
Asus Prime x370 Pro
Ryzen 2700x
16Gb Mushkin DDR4
Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
Samsung Evo 840 500Gb +Seagate 1TB HDD
Etc....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fedeliallalinea
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 08 Mar 2003
Posts: 19029
Location: here

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: haroonca
Banned, thanks. -- desultory
User: Indiba-USA
Unless I am missing something, this one is suspect only due to a somewhat ambiguous name, so at least for now it is s not yet banned. -- desultory
Reason: spam profile
_________________
Questions are guaranteed in life; Answers aren't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
krinn
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 6726

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: asturm
Topic: why does qtwidgets depend on gtk?
Post: post 8238654
Reason: I am not a moderator; I can choose to whom I am being nice. Ask a moderator if you think I have not fulfilled my task to enlighten Tony0945 about his question

Sadly, that's not the question to ask, because that wasn't my point.
Obviously he doesn't understand what i was trying to explains him ; do you think asturm has reply in a way that comply with:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Council/Code_of_conduct#Behaviour_and_consequences
Acceptable:
Be courteous. Though respect is earned, it must start somewhere. Respect someones right for their own opinion and acknowledge that they do deserve a measure of politeness in your response.

Or more with :
Unaccetable:
Posting/participating only to incite drama or negativity rather than to tactfully share information.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
asturm
Developer
Developer


Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 6331
Location: Austria

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krinn wrote:
Or more with :
Unaccetable:
Posting/participating only to incite drama or negativity rather than to tactfully share information.

If that were enforced I wouldn't see half the posts of Tony0945 in threads I participate.
_________________
backend.cpp:92:2: warning: #warning TODO - this error message is about as useful as a cooling unit in the arctic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
krinn
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 6726

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asturm wrote:
If that were enforced I wouldn't see half the posts of Tony0945 in threads I participate.

You're using again the same arguements, i have already tried to told you what is wrong with that:
* If he was doing that, i might certainly not report him, maybe just the worst of the worst.
But if a mod or a dev was, i would.
-> we expect more from them.

* If he have been bad with you, this doesn't grant you any extra credit to do the same, sorry.

maybe you could look at possibility you were wrong, admit an error and pass on while trying to not do it again and we're good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 5070

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: asturm
Reason: I think it's long past time this user was held to the same standards ciaranm was on the forums. I have *never* seen a single post from him that wasn't inciting or baiting an argument, even the technical ones are laced with poison.

This toxic river needs cleaning up at the source, or downstream will become a lifeless desert.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
asturm
Developer
Developer


Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 6331
Location: Austria

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krinn wrote:
Acceptable:
Be courteous. Though respect is earned, it must start somewhere. Respect someones right for their own opinion and acknowledge that they do deserve a measure of politeness in your response.

'A measure of'.

krinn wrote:
asturm wrote:
If that were enforced I wouldn't see half the posts of Tony0945 in threads I participate.

You're using again the same arguements, i have already tried to told you what is wrong with that:

You are wrong about how I am using that argument - I feel perfectly comfortable with the way I responded to him, without the need for justification.

krinn wrote:
maybe you could look at possibility you were wrong, admit an error and pass on while trying to not do it again and we're good.

Maybe you would consider Tony0945 does not need a shining white knight in his defence and we're good.

Ant P. wrote:
User: asturm

Oh, is that coming from your shining example of how to start a discussion - NOT? Why not make the usual post reference?

Ant P. wrote:
Reason: ... I have *never* seen a single post from him that wasn't inciting or baiting an argument ...

I'm shocked! :lol:
_________________
backend.cpp:92:2: warning: #warning TODO - this error message is about as useful as a cooling unit in the arctic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
schmidicom
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 09 Mar 2006
Posts: 1496
Location: Schweiz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: moncheri
Topic: Mynintendo account erstellen
Post: post 8238934
Reason: OT Extreme

Thanks. I was waiting to see if any spam would arrive, but so far no. Moved to OTW. --pjp
_________________
GPG: 3FC78AEE51E5FB95
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anon-E-moose
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 2850
Location: Dallas area

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant P. wrote:
User: asturm
Reason: I think it's long past time this user was held to the same standards ciaranm was on the forums. I have *never* seen a single post from him that wasn't inciting or baiting an argument, even the technical ones are laced with poison.

This toxic river needs cleaning up at the source, or downstream will become a lifeless desert.


My 2 cents worth.

This seems to be an increasing problem, devs coming in with a "seeming" chip on the shoulder, Samuel (sp?) and tom to name a couple.
There are those devs and past devs who answer questions without seeming to have an attitude about it, so it's not all devs.

If someone, ie non-dev, is getting surly out of the blue with a dev, then I would expect the dev to possibly respond in kind,
but that doesn't seem to be the case for some of them, at least that I've seen.

Not sure what the correct answer is, as the moderators here can easily get into a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

Edit to add: I don't follow every thread or every interaction, so my view might be a bit naive. :)
_________________
Asus m5a99fx, FX 8320 - amd64-no-multilib, 4.14.52-zen, glibc-2.26-r7, gcc-7.3.0, eudev, openrc-0.13.11
xorg-server-1.19.5-r1 w/mesa-17.3.9, openbox, nouveau and radeon, oss4(2017), profile 17.0 (no-pie)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
asturm
Developer
Developer


Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 6331
Location: Austria

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anon-E-moose wrote:
Edit to add: I don't follow every thread or every interaction, so my view might be a bit naive. :)

Yeah, you are excused, not being a dev, and not seeing the usual conduct by Tony0945. Make no mistake: None of his go-to one-liners are worth a report, but they certainly have an effect.

As for Ant P.' s report, that one is a bit puzzling; some people can dish it out but cannot take it. I don't hold it against them; move along, nothing to see there.
_________________
backend.cpp:92:2: warning: #warning TODO - this error message is about as useful as a cooling unit in the arctic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mike155
Guru
Guru


Joined: 17 Sep 2010
Posts: 493
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: Tony0945
Topic: Gentoo leaves democracy
Post: post 8240832
Reason: personal attack on one of the developers. Furthermore, it's a criminal offense, at least here in Germany, for very good reasons.

[Moderator note: While in poor taste, I don't understand how that post is a personal attack on any particular developer. Since it was not constructive, binned for now, with the hope that the involved parties will return to civil discourse on their own. -Hu]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
asturm
Developer
Developer


Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 6331
Location: Austria

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he really is as old as he claims to be, that is certainly one more proof that age alone does not make you wiser. Also, display of dangerous ignorance.
_________________
backend.cpp:92:2: warning: #warning TODO - this error message is about as useful as a cooling unit in the arctic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Naib
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 21 May 2004
Posts: 5347
Location: Removed by Neddy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike155 wrote:
User: Tony0945
Topic: Gentoo leaves democracy
Post: post 8240832
Reason: personal attack on one of the developers. Furthermore, it's a criminal offense, at least here in Germany, for very good reasons.
The forums are not in Germany. Please keep such criminal offenses there
_________________
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter
Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mike155
Guru
Guru


Joined: 17 Sep 2010
Posts: 493
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
The forums are not in Germany

And that's exactly the point. This forum is international and the language is English. Tony0945 decided to attack a developer. He knows or thinks that the developer is German, so he uses German language and accuses him of being a German Nazi. That's one of the worst attacks I've read in the Gentoo discussion forums so far. Really, "Sieg Heil" is the worst thing you can say in Germany - it's by far worse than any of the words banned in the US.

Moderators: please delete Tony0945's post.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hu
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 12480

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike155 wrote:
Moderators: please delete Tony0945's post.
Generally, we only delete spam, and then only when in duplicate. Everything else goes into the respective parties' permanent record.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tony0945
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 25 Jul 2006
Posts: 2489
Location: Illinois, USA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proving my point, in support of Ant P., that Gentoo has become a dictatorship. Not only dissent not wanted but not even to be heard.

As to my supposed anti-German bias, my maternal grandparents were ethic Germans from Austria-Hungary and spoke Plattdeutsch (sic?)
My paternal grandparents came from Southern Italy. Make of that what you will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anon-E-moose
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 2850
Location: Dallas area

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone just needs to chill out.

One can take offense at any phrase or symbol, it's neither the phrase nor the symbols fault, but the one taking offense.
Sieg hiel (sp?) predates the Nazi's, just as the broken cross predates them.
That the German people are so ashamed that they allowed themselves to be besotted by nazism is sad albeit understandable in hindsight.
And thus they want to outlaw certain phrases or symbols, all of which is ultimately doomed to fail.

Having said all this, I reiterate, everyone just needs to chill.
_________________
Asus m5a99fx, FX 8320 - amd64-no-multilib, 4.14.52-zen, glibc-2.26-r7, gcc-7.3.0, eudev, openrc-0.13.11
xorg-server-1.19.5-r1 w/mesa-17.3.9, openbox, nouveau and radeon, oss4(2017), profile 17.0 (no-pie)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tony0945
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 25 Jul 2006
Posts: 2489
Location: Illinois, USA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In further explanation, it is quite common, at least in Illinois to respond to to a dictatorial order or proclamation with a derisive "S___ H___", meaning "You are acting like a Nazi".
If using these very words are offensive to Europeans, then I am quite willing to edit the post, deleting them. I meant to offend no one but the devs that are acting in an anti-democratic manner.

I'm asking permission in advance to replace them with a quote from the King James Bible "And men loved darkness rather than light because their deeds were evil." If it is absolutely verboten for the peons to criticize the superhuman devs, then I will just erase them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Naib
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 21 May 2004
Posts: 5347
Location: Removed by Neddy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony0945 wrote:
In further explanation, it is quite common, at least in Illinois to respond to to a dictatorial order or proclamation with a derisive "S___ H___", meaning "You are acting like a Nazi".
If using these very words are offensive to Europeans, then I am quite willing to edit the post, deleting them. I meant to offend no one but the devs that are acting in an anti-democratic manner.

I'm asking permission in advance to replace them with a quote from the King James Bible "And men loved darkness rather than light because their deeds were evil." If it is absolutely verboten for the peons to criticize the superhuman devs, then I will just erase them.
a very slippery slope being advocated here... Either people must accept they could be "offended" or all possible sources of offense are censored (this is before even questioning what does being offended actually do to a person....). No one country has a monopoly on exporting their laws onto others. Just because Germany has laws that punish speach with prison time is not justification we all should respond everywhere. Just because Pakistan have laws that punish blasphemy with death is not a reason all should respond everywhere.


Offense is taken not given
_________________
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter
Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fitzcarraldo
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 30 Aug 2008
Posts: 1449
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: kingjonm123
Reason: Spammer

Six posts and counting...

Cleaned up & banned. Thanks also. — JRG
_________________
Clevo W230SS: amd64, OpenRC, nvidia-drivers & xf86-video-intel.
Compal NBLB2: ~amd64, OpenRC, xf86-video-ati, dual booting with Win 7 Pro 64-bit.
KDE on both laptops.

Fitzcarraldo's blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mike155
Guru
Guru


Joined: 17 Sep 2010
Posts: 493
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony0945: thanks for your follow-up posts. So you probably wanted to say "you are acting like a dictator".

First of all: I think it's fine to say that if you think that Ulrich is acting like a dictator.

Here in Germany, if you say "You are a Nazi", especially using the German words 'S___ H___!' - it doesn't mean: "you are a dictator". It means: 'you are a criminal and murderer' - and this is something totally different! Hitler and his Nazi-friends surely built a dictatorship, but - what is worse - they also brutally murdered several million innocent people - because of their religion, because they were political opponents or simply because the Nazis didn't like them. Industrially organized mass murder and war crimes - that's what we associate with Nazis - and that's why I think nobody should be called a Nazi... Unless he is one, of course.

I'm glad it turned out to have been a misunderstanding. So let's stop discussion of this ambiguous post and let's go back to the discussion of the relationship between developers and users. It certainly can and should be improved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum