View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scheich
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: shutting down / rebooting from within gnome Reply with quote

Hi all!

A few months ago there have been topics about this issue:
Choosing shutdown/reboot in the dialog simply brought you back to gdm-login, and there were a few solutions how to gain permissions for that as normal user.

Since some recent changes, I can't exactly localize them, I updated to gnome 2.0.3, newsest gdm and baselayout, I'm not even getting the option to shutdown/reboot anymore.
But as a single-workstation-user who auto-logins I really would like this option, and now I can't even bypass it anymore... :(

I remember there was once an option to enable the buttons in gdm.conf, but either that was for gnome 1.4 only, or it's gone silently in some later release.

Any ideas or even solutions? Someone sharing the same experience? Someone having the options displayed at least with gnome 2.0.3 and gdm 2.4.0.12?
nemhain
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running GNOME 2.0.3-r1 and GDM 2.4.0.12-r2 and I have all the options in my dialog. I haven't done anything special (as far as I know) to enable them.
Cleotis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: shutting down / rebooting from within gnome Reply with quote

Scheich wrote:
I'm not even getting the option to shutdown/reboot anymore.

Check desktop prefs > advanced > sessions and on the first tab there should be an option "Prompt on logout"

This box should be ticked
Scheich
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get a prompt, but it only asks me to confirm the logout and offers a checkbox to save the session.
At least I know that it's possible with the latest packages now, and for testing I logged in as root to gnome, and there I have the options... strange.

It might as well be the update of the baselayout, I don't know how Gnome decides to show the options, and that's my real problem, I guess.

I'll wait for my installation on another comp to finish, and then I might learn more about that. Hopefully.
Scheich
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, finished the installation of 1.4_rc2 on my second comp, and it's got the options by default. So there has to be a fault in my system somewhere, time to search. :)

Thanks for the replies!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: