Question regarding failure of bootstrap.sh at 'patch' packag
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuance9
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:49 am    Post subject: Question regarding failure of bootstrap.sh at 'patch' packag Reply with quote

Ok. Approximately 30 hours after starting the bootstrap on my old laptop, using 1.4_rc2 x86 LiveCD - I found to my horror that the bootstrap had failed.

It timed out trying to find the host. So something got a little screwy.

Anyways, after I resolve the network issue - do I just restart the bootstrap process? If so, will it have to start from the beginning or will it start from where it left off?

BTW - it failed at the point where it was trying to download and install a file called patch from Ibiblio. It failed to resolve the host after 5 attempts. Not quite sure what is up with that. I can wget files from other hosts just fine still. So the network connection is still up. In fact, I just tried to wget the file 'patch-2.5.4.tar.gz' and it worked fine - copied the file into the /usr/portage/distfiles folder.

But anyway, that is the point of failure, in case it matters. Now what? I guess my main question is that since I am already past all the BIG stuff (I think) - do I have to rerun bootstrap? Or are there just a few packages left I can manually emerge?

Thanks!

- Justin

Last edited by nuance9 on Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: