getting irda working on kernel 2.6
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_loki_
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: getting irda working on kernel 2.6 Reply with quote

Bad news everyone!
I'm using a Gericom X5 notebook with a integrated irda/FIR support and I don't have a clou how to get it working.. I enabled in kernel:
Code:
   --- IrDA (infrared) subsystem support                         
                     ---   IrDA protocols                                         
                     <M>   IrLAN protocol                                         
                     <M>   IrCOMM protocol                                         
                     [*]   Ultra (connectionless) protocol                         
                     ---   IrDA options                                           
                     [*]   Cache last LSAP                                         
                     [*]   Fast RRs (low latency)                                 
                     [ ]   Debug information                                       
                           Infrared-port device drivers  ---> 

and
Code:

--- SIR device drivers                                         
                    <*> IrTTY (uses Linux serial driver)                           
                    --- Dongle support                                             
                    [ ] Serial dongle support                                     
                    --- Old SIR device drivers                                     
                    <*> IrPORT (IrDA serial driver)                               
                    --- Old Serial dongle support                                 
                    [ ] Old Serial dongle support                                 
                    --- FIR device drivers                                         

non of the FIR device drivers is set..

The first problem is that I don't even get a device for my irda. Trying to start irda
Code:

/etc/init.d/irda start

gives me:
Code:

* Starting IrDA ...
Failed to open device /dev/ttyS2: No such file or directory

Of course I can set the device in
Code:

/etc/conf.d/irda

but there is no device that seems to be the right one..

I also tried to boot the gentoo 2004.2 CD, than dmsg gives me a dive called ttyS00 witch could be the one I'm looking for, but there are no modules loaded connected to irda

Next thing I tried was to compile the via-ircc (as my mainboard is via and windows need a via driver for the irda) module witch is loaded automaticly while booting, but no device is setted again.. I don't really think it's the right module, though as my PCItoISA bridge is a VT8233, not a VT8231..

anybody any ideas? Does anybody if there is a good howto getting irda working witch Gentoo?

Thanks so fare
mallchin
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The device is usually named /dev/tts/USB* (eg mine is /dev/tts/USB2).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: