View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theneopro
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:17 pm    Post subject: Email Client importing Reply with quote

Okay I will try and be more specific this time.
A) I would like to use evolution, but I have been using kmail for a very long time. I have a few email address utilizing as well as many contacts. But I cant find an easy way to migrate this over.
B) If any one else knows a better client to use (4 migrating messages and contacts) which in turn would be easier to migrate over to Evolution.

Just looking for helpers since I dont like using KDE and will be using mostly Gnome Libs. Thanks in advance.
pilla
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting thread is the Best Mail Client.
theneopro
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 10:05 pm    Post subject: Well i guess i will find out soon Reply with quote

Hey Bloody,

Well I will try sylpheed. Hopefully that can make things easier for me in migrating contacts and messages. I have been looking into things and I might be able to convert most to outlook on windows, then email the file or ftp what eva back to my desktop here then use evolution (the choice I was thinking about using). It was the delay of migrating the file to a windows machine to use outlook then take that file and migrate it bcak to one of the client i choose. Well will see and I will give the results when i am done to those whom it matters too.
BillyD
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to bring outlook *.pst files into evolution (or any other client using the *.mbox format, there is a nifty thing called libpst that will allow you to do just that.

I am not sure about your contacts, but you should be able to bring your kmail archives straight into evolution - I was under the impression that kmail uses the *.mbox format...but I could be wrong.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: