View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Techie2000
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:40 am    Post subject: Setting User Pictures for KDM 3.1_RC5 Reply with quote

I have KDE 3.1_RC5 installed. I'm using KDM, and I try to change the user images. When I try to change it (for example the default user image), it complains that it can't save it in the directory /usr/share/apps/kdm/pics/users/default.png. So then it doesn't change. I tried creating the directory /usr/share/apps/kdm/pics/users, but then when I try to change the image, it doens't complain, but the image doesn't show up in KDM.

The second thing is that under the list of names you can click, it says "root" with "root" below it next to the picture for root, and for my normal login it only says "matthew" next to the picture for me. Any idea why?
_lucky_
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem. The problem is that the icons should be saved under /usr/kde/3.1/share/apps/kdm/pics/users

You can copy them manually into this directory, use the format
<username>.png
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: