Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
package.unmask
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slam_head
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: package.unmask Reply with quote

I wanted to install a package that's masked (because that just about all of them) so I added it to /etc/portage/package.unmask as listed in the portage documentation. It had no effect. Is this feature not supported on the Mac OS X version of portage?
brenden
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: package.unmask Reply with quote

slam_head wrote:
I wanted to install a package that's masked (because that just about all of them) so I added it to /etc/portage/package.unmask as listed in the portage documentation. It had no effect. Is this feature not supported on the Mac OS X version of portage?

It depends on how it's masked. If it's only masked by keyword, add it to package.keywords. If it's hard masked, you need to use package.unmask and package.keywords.
slam_head
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the difference between keyword masked and hard masked? Is one less stable than the other? How can I tell how a package is masked?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: