Someone help me
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beat_feet
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:07 pm    Post subject: Someone help me Reply with quote

I installed Gentoo for the first time got everything done without any errors, but I didn't get the bootloader installed correctlly. I have got to fix this without reinstalling how can I mount /dev/hda3 without screwing everything up in the process? It's an iBook and I only have Gentoo installed on it. So I need some help on this one.

Thanks
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being an iBook, there might be some differences, but this should point you in the right direction.
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need to boot with the Gentoo CD again and use it as a rescue disk. There are many different posts regarding recovering from a non-bootable system here in the forums. Unfortunately I do not specialize in the Mac side of computing. I'm sure there is someone here that can help though, certainly with the assistance of already posted threads. So try searching through the forums (you may want to search specifically in the Mac forum too) and I think you'll find lots of information about how to get going from where you are. I do want to reassure you that it is possible though. Here is one thread to get you going, but there are MANY others if this one is not specific to your situation look further!

Regards,
BonezTheGoon
beat_feet
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help guys

by the way I did search first but I was looking for the ppc bootloader yaboot and couldn't find anything on the site about it.

But I used instructions at your links and fixed it by incorporating the yaboot manual thanks alot
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: