View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottro
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:48 pm    Post subject: Fluxbox 0.1.14 and keybindings Reply with quote

Threw Gentoo on a laptop that I'm just using for a class. When I installed Fluxbox, I noticed that it's now up to 0.1.14.

However, it seems that some of the keybindings may have disappeared--for a long time now, with the Gentoo patch I've been able to open and navigate the RootMenu with keystrokes. However, this time, though I was able to open it, I wasn't able to navigate. A quick look at the man page implies that it may be gone (I say implies because it simply doesn't mention the possible keybindings of NextMenuItem OpenSubMenu, etc).

Wonder if anyone knows the answer here--as this box isn't going to be used much, I'm not going to spend much time looking for a workaround. It's always possible, too, that because it's a laptop, I made an error in xf86config (on a laptop I have to bind different keys to these commands).

So, wondered if anyone else has run into this--I won't be able to try anything else till I get home, and it's annoying me, as I figure it's more likely that I've missed something.

Thanks

Scott[/i]
scottro
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh, it seems to be confirmed. I just did a simple upgrade on my Gentoo workstation, and the navigation of the RootMenu no longer works. I'll see if I can rebuild using Mr. Kita's patch and will post an update
scottro
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably should have just edited my last post, but...

Ok, the problem may be with Mr. Kita's patch--I've dropped him an email as well as the Gentoo developer. I had to simply downgrade to 1.0.13 for it to work.

Scott
scottro
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual with Gentoo, fixed already, even before the comitter heard from me. :) Fluxbox-0.1.14-r1 works perfectly.

Thanks

Scott
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: