gaim acting screwy
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phleg
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 10:44 pm    Post subject: gaim acting screwy Reply with quote

I've tried compiling gaim with:

USE="...gtk gtk2...", USE="...-gtk gtk2...", and USE="...gtk -gtk2..."

but whenever I log in, the main window fails to pop open. When using "gtk gtk2" or "-gtk gtk2", I only see a buddy ticker, but it has no text inside of it and there's no main window. I also get the errors in the console, "(gaim:24844): Gtk-WARNING **: gtkwidget.c:2653: widget `GtkMenuItem has no activatable signal "activate-item" without arguments" three times, and "(gaim:24844): Gtk-WARNING **: Events of type GDK_EXPOSE cannot be synthesized. To get the same effect, call gdk_window_invalidate_rect/region(), followed by gdk_window_process_updates()." until it's closed (this is all only after logging in). If, however, I use "gtk -gtk2", I have the same issue, only there are no errors reported to the console, and the text in the buddy ticker is clearly discernable.

Anyone have a clue as to how to resolve the problem?
lx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running gaim-cvs without (major) problems for a small month now (updated a few times), wonder if you tried cvs already?

ps gnome-2.1.2 (gtk2)

Cya lX.
Phleg
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying that, keeping my fingers crossed...
Phleg
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No luck. No buddy window pops up--only the ticker. Oddly enough, when I ctrl+c it, I see it flash on screen for a split second.
lx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't use the ticker plugin, but have you tried moving your ~/.gaim directory and start with a clean config, maybe some option is causing this, can't find nothing about it on google, when running gaim from a console I don't get any errors, when activating ticker I get some errors on exiting, but notting serious I think,

Hope you fix it / find the cause,

Cya lX.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: