View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgrela
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this package still maintained by someone ? I've seen it included in a couple of overlays and I would like to bring it back to life and improve a little bit:

1. Move the per-package rules from /usr/lib/findcruft to /usr/share/findcruft as they are not machine-specific.
2. For each package have not one file but a directory which could contain separate package-specific symlinks, ignore and nopackage files.
3. Move the global nopackage ignore and symlink files under the "baselayout" package.
4. Add a warning when package-specific rules are not found for a package present in the system (for developers).
insecure
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have written my own cruft script some time ago. Some days ago, I dug it out and it still worked. I have tweaked it a bit and released it for public use, here:
http://www.genoetigt.de/site/projects/gcruft

It is written in perl and thus can be extended via perl scripts. I've already written some package exceptions, but many are still missing, so feel free to write your own (and share them of course!).[/url]
Havin_it
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgrela wrote:
Is this package still maintained by someone ? I've seen it included in a couple of overlays and I would like to bring it back to life and improve a little bit:

1. Move the per-package rules from /usr/lib/findcruft to /usr/share/findcruft as they are not machine-specific.
2. For each package have not one file but a directory which could contain separate package-specific symlinks, ignore and nopackage files.
3. Move the global nopackage ignore and symlink files under the "baselayout" package.
4. Add a warning when package-specific rules are not found for a package present in the system (for developers).

The tarball is no longer at the SRC_URI listed in the overlay ebuilds, but it is on github at: https://github.com/hollow/findcruft2

Last updates in 2009 so no idea how compatible it is now. You can't get a tarball from the git repo, but you can clone or fork it. If you're still interested, give it a look - I intend to do so myself, but I don't know how to rewrite the ebuild to get the code from git instead.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: