Gentoo is awesome
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azcoder
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Gentoo is awesome Reply with quote

<Begin Praise>
Well, let me tell you how sick I am. I just got Battlefield 2, the latest greatest Online game. But am I playing it.....nope....

I just spent the weekend installing gentoo, after taking a short hiatus.

Now there is something very addicting about slowly re-emerging your system....Need 3d? Audio? Games? Just pick your focus and spend some time tinkering and tweaking. Learn a little, learn alot.... Portage is outstanding - a work of art.

I just finished setting up alsa, and downloaded a Greatful Dead ogg file to listen to. (http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=12279 Scarlet Begonias->Fire On The Mountain from 79 at Cornell)

Listening to the Dead is alot like Gentoo. At first, it doesn't seem that great. Many people never get past this level. But after you struggle with it a little, you start to uncover little gems. Soon you begin to realize that there is great depth, elegant and beautiful under the covers. It is amazing how truly awesome that music is, and yet I spent years not really paying attention or listening to it.

For me, Gentoo is the Grateful Dead of an OS. The more you use it, the more you are addicted to it's greatness.....

<End Praise>
c0vert
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i second that one :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: