Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Squid 2.5.1 and Winbind - Woodchip, are you out there?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrchuckles
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 4:59 pm    Post subject: Squid 2.5.1 and Winbind - Woodchip, are you out there? Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I'm prepping up a test box for a firewall and Squid server, and I'm wanting to use NTLM auth with Squid and the Winbind helper. Latest Squid (via unstable) is 2.5.1. Latest Samba (via unstable) is 2.2.7. Problem is, the Winbind helper in Squid 2.5 only works out-of-the-box with Samba 2.2.4 and 2.2.5. With 2.2.7, you need to copy over the winbind_nss.h file to the Squid source, and then compile the Winbind helper. The Squid 2.5.1 ebuild doesn't appear to provide this functionality. Also, the ebuild builds support for the Winbind helper, but doesn't depend on Samba. Are we looking at major changes to Squid's ebuild to support Winbind? Or is there something in your patch that I'm not seeing?
Macros73
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem. I also had to adjust the Samba ebuild to provide challenge/response support, but that was a simple one-line addition.

I'm trying to apply the Winbind patch (http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/bugs/squid-2.5.STABLE1-winbind.patch) for Squid 2.5 STABLE1 to the existing r2 ebuild for Squid, but it's erroring out on compile.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: