Gentoo esteam script to install game deps w/o Steam runtime
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chewi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Gentoo esteam script to install game deps w/o Steam runtime Reply with quote

Hello! My name is Chewi. You may remember me from such threads as Minecraft (ebuild to build deps from source!). :wink:

I now have a better excuse for not having worked on the Minecraft stuff lately. I've been working on a new script to complement or potentially even replace the steam-games-meta ebuild found in steam-overlay. This script is much more dynamic as it doesn't require support to be added for each and every game. This greatly increases the chances of things working without the Ubuntu-based Steam runtime installed. If you're a typical Gentoo user like me then you probably don't like the idea of relying on prebuilt binaries from other distros!

The pull request has not been merged yet as I'd like to get some feedback from users first so please give it a try here. Please ensure you have the Steam packages installed with the steamruntime USE flag explicitly disabled.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: