openoffice fails misserably
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgalihad
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject: openoffice fails misserably Reply with quote

I've tried installing OpenOffice on my SunBlade100, but the emerge doesn't even get close to compiling complaining about several things. Is there a trick to get it installed? Has anyone gotten it to work? Is it possible?

I don't remember the exact error, as It was a few days ago since I've tried again, but if your interested, I can post them....
steveb
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: openoffice fails misserably Reply with quote

mrgalihad wrote:
I've tried installing OpenOffice on my SunBlade100, but the emerge doesn't even get close to compiling complaining about several things. Is there a trick to get it installed? Has anyone gotten it to work? Is it possible?

I don't remember the exact error, as It was a few days ago since I've tried again, but if your interested, I can post them....

i am not interested in the error (because i don't use a sun computer), but YOU should be interested in posting it (if you want help from the forum, you need to provide such kind of information).

cheers

SteveB
mrgalihad
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, seeing as how I had to add the ~sparc keyword to the openoffice ebuild to begin with, I figured it wasn't supported by anyone really. I just more curious if anyone was able to do it more than anything.

but if anyone is interested, heres the error:

Code:
*   Setting up the build environment variables.                    *
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating set_soenv
Setting up the environment for building OpenOffice.org
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./set_soenv line 435.
Setting platform independent values... done
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./set_soenv line 758.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./set_soenv line 891.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./set_soenv line 891.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./set_soenv line 945.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./set_soenv line 1183.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./set_soenv line 1183.
Setting the environment variables... done
Setting the aliases... done
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./set_soenv line 1345.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./set_soenv line 1345.
Cannot open : No such file or directory

!!! ERROR: app-office/openoffice-1.0.2 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 319, Exitcode 2
!!! (no error message)
Kumba
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checks https://bugs.gentoo.org to see if a similar OpenOffice bug exists, and if not, file it as a new one so that the sparc devs can know about it.

--Kumba
mrgalihad
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its done. For future reference to this thread, if anyone else finds it, the Bug ID to my problem is: 16419
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: