Is binutils 2.12 considered beta?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamon
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 8:47 pm    Post subject: Is binutils 2.12 considered beta? Reply with quote

Hi! I have been browsing the mailing list archives and there is a particularly interesting thread regarding C++ apps (KDE3) and the new binutils. I am curious: I checked out the GNU Binutils site: http://www.gnu.org/software/binutils/binutils.html and it says that the current version is 2.12. Yet, we are using 2.11. I also noticed that we have ebuilds for some form of 2.12, but they are masked out. Is there a good reason for this? Do we not have an ebuild for the latest stable version? Is our version a beta? Are there some incompatibility problems? If so, would a recompile solve it? Thanks!!

Jamon
chadh

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do have an ebuild 2.12, and it seems to work fine (I just installed it). If you would like to use it, just create a new profile and edit your packages file.
Jamon
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 3:24 am    Post subject: Ok. Reply with quote

Ok, I will look into it. Thanks for your help! I will look into the profile system here soon. Do you know if they are going to make this default in the near future? It might help out those KDE users a lot.

Jamon
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: