Kismet help
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bryon
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 1:57 am    Post subject: Kismet help Reply with quote

I belive that I got my cards workign fine. Unforcentuly I am un able to test them because I do not have a acess point at this time, but I am able to give them a ip so I am asuming that they work. I am using pcmcia-cs, which I used this doc https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=26716&highlight=kismet, it was very helpfull. So now that I am done iwth the introduction lets get to the heart of the question. I have two cards, a Cisco 350 and a Compaq WL110 (Lucent/Agere firmware). I ned to put the cards into mermisicous mode to let them work with kismet. I do not belive that anything special needs to be done to the Compaq card but eery time I try to start it with the Compaq card in I get
Quote:

root@lappy bab # kismet_monitor
Using /etc/kismet/kismet.conf sources...
Enabling monitor mode for a pcap prism2 card on eth1 channel 6
/usr/bin/kismet_monitor: line 177: wlanctl-ng: command not found

I also belive that i need to install special drivers for the Cisco 350 card so that it can go into permisicous mode that can be foudn at http://sourceforge.net/projects/airo-linux/. I am curious if anyone knows where the drivers need to go, and what needs to be done afterwords.
I also want to metion that I made net.eth0(internal nic) net.eth1(want to be able to set to cisco if possible) net.eth2(want to set to Compaq)
I belive tha tis everything, thanks.
sproket81
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: linux-wlan-ng Reply with quote

Try emerging the linux-wlan-ng package. The problem is that kismet_monitor expects to be able to control the card through the wlanctl-ng program that is a a part of the afore-mentioned package, and which only works with drivers that linux-wlan-ng provides. Be aware though, that I have no idea whether or not those drivers will support your cards.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: