FakeAP for wireless?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlmcp
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: FakeAP for wireless? Reply with quote

All,

Does anyone have a positive/negative expierence to share per installing FakeAP (current version if 0.3.2)?

http://www.blackalchemy.to/project/fakeap/

I don't have a card with a Prism chipset on hand to try myself, but expect to get one later in the week. Just want to see if anyone has sucessfully got this to work, and if there were any "gotchas" involved.

Thanks for any replies. When I get my card and try it out, I will post my results.

Jake
kill
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not used it and will not. By making it seem that there are multiple waps out there it will confuse ordinary users. Any one with windows or using netstumbler will see many many waps. However, anyone who would actually want to break your wep or wpa key to gain access won't be fooled. They will simply filter the resulsts and only look at waps that are showing traffic. It really won't add much security if any at all. Now if they could the software to generate fake traffice to the waps as well as the fake waps themselves then it may be worth while.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: