a promise
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hook
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:31 pm    Post subject: a promise Reply with quote

i just made a promise to myself!!!

i will check out every single topic i find that has less than 3 replies!

...i had put in a topic in the installation forum and i didn't get a reply ...i just got transfered to another forum (desktop) ...and noone does even look at it now (16 views ...probaby 8 of them mine) and 1 reply (the message of the moderator that he moved the topic) :(

soo...i'll look at every topic i see that has no good replies yet and try my best to help the person out!!!! ;)

(deep inside i'm still a tux's little helper)
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: a promise Reply with quote

hook wrote:
...i had put in a topic in the installation forum and i didn't get a reply ...i just got transfered to another forum (desktop)
Being in the wrong forum might decrease activity. Also, this thread was started approximately 3 1/2 hours after your thread in DE... patience.
hook
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know i know :)

but it's a thing that really get's on one's nerves ...you should have experienced it :(

p.s. i appologise for being so unpatient ...but but it's really making me crazy!!!

(deep inside i'm still a tux's little helper)
eryvile
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no problem beeing unpatient, and this has also happened to me, as you can see here: first post in June, I replied in August and till then, nothing has happened except for 60 views. And I would love to get a solution for that problem as it is kind of annoying, when you always have to plug in your mouse to use X/KDE (or reconfigure X) even if you're working on your lap and don't have any room for the mouse itself.

But I would guess that's unfortunately the way it goes :( Maybe it would have helped if you posted the link to your topic (get more attention to it ;) ), though I, for example, usually never browse the desktop forums. I did it for a while but as I realized that I could never help as there were so many people with a lot better knowledge on the subject, I dropped it. Also, I've got mine working without any problems, I don't know how, just followed the instructions, so that probably wouldn't be any help.

At last (but not at least!), your promise is very honourable. I once tried it with the unanswered posts, but as there are so many (I'm counting 56 pages right now 8O ) and as all the questions I read on the first 5 pages or so were out of my scope (knowledgewise), I quit. Now I'm just trying to help whenever something I'm sure having some kind of knowledge of comes in front of my eyes (currently mainly nt-bootloader/grub and filesystems)

To get this posting to an end: I hope you will succeed with your task to check all those topics and good luck for your desktop problem! Be patient as these forums imho have a great technical and also social quality that's rarely seen on the internet :D
solatis
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hook wrote:
i know i know :)

but it's a thing that really get's on one's nerves ...you should have experienced it :(

p.s. i appologise for being so unpatient ...but but it's really making me crazy!!!

I know the feeling man... I am still camping with my sb live 5.1 problem, I cannot get it to work, and I *KNOW* there are people here whave installed it correctly, they just won't read my posts... :(

Leon Mergen
http://www.solatis.com/
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: