amd64 firefox 1.0 Preview Release bug
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amd64gentoo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: amd64 firefox 1.0 Preview Release bug Reply with quote

Firefox 1.0 PR makes the 64 bit build but, the preferences dialog box does not work, it is stuck on download and won't close. I have to kill -9 firefox to get rid of it.

when it works, it is really fast...

This editor also has a few bugs too, the cursor sticks on the left hand side soemtimes and won't arrow-up ...
rpdillon
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My arrow keys don't work at all in FireFox PR1.0 64 bit. If I run 32 bit, all is well.
Maedhros
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpdillon wrote:
My arrow keys don't work at all in FireFox PR1.0 64 bit.

Mine only work if I have control or shift held down, which doesn't help much. I think I'm going back to 0.9.3 for a while...
amd64gentoo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: bugs mostly fixed Reply with quote

A lot of bugs go away if you rm the ~/.mozilla directory before you build 1.0 PR. For extra measure I un-installed the prior release too. In fact, this worked so well, i don't see any real bugs right now. I'm very surprised firefox is so sensitive to that .mozilla directory but, it is.
herbie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed these bugs too. Most of which went away after cleaning out my config (~/.mozilla). I'm still noticing a bug with the new find toolbar though. Press CTL-F, type in search string, press enter and nothing happens. Clicking the "find next" button also does nothing. It will highlight my search if I press the highlight button though just not jump to it.
amd64gentoo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefox has changed its GUI.
Now when you press CTRL-F the find bar is at the very bottom ot the web browser, not a pop-up dialog box like other browsers.
herbie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amd64gentoo wrote:
Firefox has changed its GUI.
Now when you press CTRL-F the find bar is at the very bottom ot the web browser, not a pop-up dialog box like other browsers.

Yes, I am aware of this. My problem is that the new find toolbar does not work on the 64-bit version, it works fine using the binary 32bit version however.
gcediel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: bugs mostly fixed Reply with quote

amd64gentoo wrote:
A lot of bugs go away if you rm the ~/.mozilla directory before you build 1.0 PR. For extra measure I un-installed the prior release too. In fact, this worked so well, i don't see any real bugs right now. I'm very surprised firefox is so sensitive to that .mozilla directory but, it is.

Do you mean remove .mozilla directory before emerging firefox?

Guillermo
mathes.s
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI,

i think you don't have to delete the whole .mozilla Directory. Just the ".mozilla/firefox/*default.*/compreg.dat" file. That worked for me.

The same is with the new thunderbird version 0.8. Just delete ".thunderbird/*default.*/compreg.dat".

mathes
rpdillon
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the comreg.dat file is the key...it solved my problems with the arrow keys on 64 bit Firefox PR 1.0 as well as my Thunderbird problem where I wouldn't see my old email at all!

The only remaining bug has already been mentioned: the find function isn't working. If you press the "Find Next" or "Find Previous" nothing happens, although it seems the "Highlight" function is working just fine. Just watch out if you use it on a big page...it pegs my CPU at 90%.
herbie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The find toolbar bug can be fixed by recompiling without --typeaheadfind. See bug 40053 for more info.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: