View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GelatinousCube
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:23 am    Post subject: error when emerging qt-3.0.5-r2 Reply with quote

I get the following error when emerging qt.

Quote:

g++ -c -pipe -fno-exceptions -Wall -W -O2 -D_REENTRANT -DQT_INTERNAL_XML -DQT_INTERNAL_WORKSPACE -DQT_INTERNAL_ICONVIEW -DDESIGNER -DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2 -I../shared -I../uilib -I../../../src/3rdparty/zlib -I/var/tmp/portage/qt-3.0.5-r2/work/qt-x11-free-3.0.5/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I.moc/release-shared-mt/ -I/var/tmp/portage/qt-3.0.5-r2/work/qt-x11-free-3.0.5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o moc_qcompletionedit.o .moc/release-shared-mt/moc_qcompletionedit.cpp
In file included from /usr/include/g++-v32/ios:49,
from /usr/include/g++-v32/ostream:45,
from /usr/include/g++-v32/iterator:70,
from /var/tmp/portage/qt-3.0.5-r2/work/qt-x11-free-3.0.5/include/qvaluelist.h:48,
from /var/tmp/portage/qt-3.0.5-r2/work/qt-x11-free-3.0.5/include/qmap.h:47,
from /var/tmp/portage/qt-3.0.5-r2/work/qt-x11-free-3.0.5/include/qmime.h:43,
from /var/tmp/portage/qt-3.0.5-r2/work/qt-x11-free-3.0.5/include/qevent.h:45,
from /var/tmp/portage/qt-3.0.5-r2/work/qt-x11-free-3.0.5/include/qobject.h:45,
from /var/tmp/portage/qt-3.0.5-r2/work/qt-x11-free-3.0.5/include/qwidget.h:43,
from /var/tmp/portage/qt-3.0.5-r2/work/qt-x11-free-3.0.5/include/qframe.h:42,
from /var/tmp/portage/qt-3.0.5-r2/work/qt-x11-free-3.0.5/include/qlineedit.h:47,
from qcompletionedit.h:4,
from .moc/release-shared-mt/moc_qcompletionedit.cpp:11:
/usr/include/g++-v32/bits/ios_base.h:426: internal error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html> for instructions.
make[3]: *** [moc_qcompletionedit.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/qt-3.0.5-r2/work/qt-x11-free-3.0.5/tools/designer/designer'
make[2]: *** [sub-designer] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/qt-3.0.5-r2/work/qt-x11-free-3.0.5/tools/designer'
make[1]: *** [sub-designer] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/qt-3.0.5-r2/work/qt-x11-free-3.0.5/tools'
make: *** [sub-tools] Error 2

!!! ERROR: The ebuild did not complete successfully.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 78, Exitcode 2
!!! (no error message)

I'm running a duron with gentoo 1.4_rc1.

Thanks in advance for any help.

gc
Kibab
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:17 pm    Post subject: hardware problem? Reply with quote

I see things like that quite frequently on my computer whenever it starts to overheat. My guess is that if you re-emerge it, it will die somewhere else or complete successfully.

If you get the same error in the same place more than twice, then I would report it.

--Kaleb
Rajesh
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 4:45 pm    Post subject: I get a similar error... Reply with quote

I get a similar error with qt-3.1.0:

Quote:

/var/tmp/portage/qt-3.1.0/work/qt-x11-free-3.1.0/lib/libqt-mt.so: undefined reference to `XftDrawCreateAlpha'
/var/tmp/portage/qt-3.1.0/work/qt-x11-free-3.1.0/lib/libqt-mt.so: undefined reference to `XftCharExists'
/var/tmp/portage/qt-3.1.0/work/qt-x11-free-3.1.0/lib/libqt-mt.so: undefined reference to `XftDrawPicture'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [../../../bin/uic] Error 1

make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/qt-3.1.0/work/qt-x11-free-3.1.0/tools/designer/uic'
make[2]: *** [sub-uic] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/qt-3.1.0/work/qt-x11-free-3.1.0/tools/designer'
make[1]: *** [sub-designer] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/qt-3.1.0/work/qt-x11-free-3.1.0/tools'
make: *** [sub-tools] Error 2

!!! ERROR: x11-libs/qt-3.1.0 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 83, Exitcode 2
!!! (no error message)

I have tried re-emerging it 4 times with the same result. In another thread someone suggested re-emerging "xft" but that did not work either.

Is it possible to compile qt without xft and make it still work?
Kibab
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 5:05 pm    Post subject: emerge problems Reply with quote

You're problems are different but are mentioned in the comments on the following bug:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10773

The previous problems resulted in an internal compiler error, which is generally caused by hardware problemd.

--Kaleb
scdgro
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

compile errors with different "stopping points" could also be caused by bad ram.
Kibab
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:51 pm    Post subject: hardware errors Reply with quote

Isn't bad ram a hardware problem?

If you want to check to make sure your ram isn't bad (which I should do myself as I consistenly get those strange errors), then emerge memtest86 and follow the instructions appropriately.

--Kaleb
GelatinousCube
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:12 pm    Post subject: Strangeness Reply with quote

Well, after several unmerge/merge attempts qt finally compiled. I have no idea why it finally worked however. I never had any problems like this with gentoo 1.2 and everything else I've compiled on 1.4 has worked just fine. (even the big ones like gnome and kde, once qt installed) I've started to monitor my cpu temp just in case overheating is a problem. But it remains well within operating conditions. I'll check the memory just to make sure there is nothing going on there. But since it halted at the same point everytime I skeptical that it's the memory.

I'm gonna blame the problem on ELF. (If your familar with the group Coil, you might get that.)

Anyway, thanks to all that replied, I really appreciate the efforts.

gc
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: