Non-arts amarok
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jurrie
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Non-arts amarok Reply with quote

I cannot get Amarok (1.1-beta2) running with anything but arts.. since arts keeps giving me headaches (suddenly no sound anymore, have to kill artsd to fix it (tried about every fix for arts i could find but to no avail)), i wanted to use Gstreamer or Xine.

Gstreamer just won't work, complains about needing an output plugin. An amarok developer on the forum said gstreamer compatibility was currently broken and other users also reported gstreamer not working on 1.1 beta2. Xine, however, won't work for me either. Amarok launches perfectly and i see the Engine setup thing in the menu, but as soon as i play a song, amarok crashes. No detailed crash report or anything, it just.. disappears. No error reports either when launching amarok (just the loading of the xine plugin, with no noticable errors).

Anyone here got amarok running with xine engine? Or is it back to arts again >_<
LaNcom
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't have a solution either. With gstreamer or Xine, Amarok simply crashes... I use Amarok CVS, BTW.
Kraymer
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: works fine here Reply with quote

My arts is totally broken, I hate it.. :evil:
And today I emerged amarok because I heard of it and was looking for xmms alternatives to use with alsa preferably..
However, I'm having no problems using amarok with the xine engine, it (xinelib) even seems to honor alsa's dmix plugin :-)
Did you try:
Code:
USE="-arts xine" emerge -av amarok
?

PS: I'm using alsa and xine and amarok from x86
donande
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: amarok is working with arts Reply with quote

After trying for days, amarok is functional now.

Updating kde to the the unstable 3.3.1 solved the problem.

I use the hard-masked version 1.1.1.
Amarok is crashing when .ogg or .mpc-files are in the scanned path but I think this is a problem of the beta-version and has nothing to do with the platform.

Code:
Portage 2.0.51-r2 (default-linux/amd64/2004.3, gcc-3.4.2, glibc-2.3.4.20040808-r1, 2.6.9-gentoo-r1 x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.9-gentoo-r1 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+
Gentoo Base System version 1.4.16
ccache version 2.3 [enabled]
Autoconf: sys-devel/autoconf-2.59-r5
Automake: sys-devel/automake-1.8.5-r1
Binutils: sys-devel/binutils-2.15.90.0.1.1-r3
Headers:  sys-kernel/linux26-headers-2.6.8.1-r1
Libtools: sys-devel/libtool-1.5.2-r5
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
CFLAGS="-march=k8 -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
COMPILER=""
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb /usr/kde/2/share/config /usr/kde/3.3/env /usr/kde/3.3/share/config /usr/kde/3.3/shutdown /usr/kde/3/share/config /usr/share/config /usr/share/texmf/dvipdfm/config/ /usr/share/texmf/dvips/config/ /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/config/ /usr/share/texmf/tex/platex/config/ /usr/share/texmf/xdvi/ /var/qmail/control"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/gconf /etc/terminfo /etc/env.d"
CXXFLAGS="-march=k8 -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="autoaddcvs ccache sandbox"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.osuosl.org http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/gentoo"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages-Athlon64"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="amd64 X Xaw3d aalib acl acpi alsa arts audiofile avi berkdb bitmap-fonts cddb cdparanoia crypt cups dga directfb divx4linuxdmx dvd dvdr dvdread encode evo faad fam ffmpeg fla flac fmod freetype fs gb gd gif gimp gimpprint gpm gtk gtk2 gtkhtml imagemagick imap imlib imlib2 innodb jikes joystick jp2 jpeg jpeg2k kde lcms libwww lzo lzw lzw-tiff mad mikmod mng motif mozdevelop mozilla moznocompose moznomail mozsvg mpeg multilib ncurses nls nptl oggvorbis ooo-kde opengl oss pam perl pic png ppds python qt qtmt quicktime readline rtc rtswrappersuid samba sdl slang slp snmp speedo speex ssl svg tcpd tetex theora tiff transcode truetype userlocales wmf xchattext xml xml2 xmms xrandr xscreensaver xv xvid zlib linguas_de"

ciau Andreas
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: