Weird threading bug
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mnemia
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:27 pm    Post subject: Weird threading bug Reply with quote

I noticed in the infamous Gentoo 1.4 thread in Gentoo Chat that phpbb was behaving strangly and exhibiting some sort of bug. Perhaps that thread is cursed by the powers that be? :P

It seems that the page break was behaving strangly so that some posts being added to the end were not visible. I believe the problem started when the 21st post was made to the thread. After that, the first 20 posts were on one page, and then the other posts were not visible at all because the 2nd page link was not showing up. I could only access them by manually changing the parameter in the URL. It seems to have worked itself out now, but I thought that it was more normal for the page to break at 25 posts?? In any case, there was something weird going on there. I'm sure you guys noticed it since it would appear that one of the other posters did as well as me. The problem persisted even when I cleared my cache and reloaded, etc.
rac
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's caused by inconsistencies in the phpBB databases that resulted from particular processes on the forums server dying at inappropriate times. We're looking into ways to make this happen less often in the future.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: