View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klavs
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:05 pm    Post subject: kde-3.0.4 emerges - but does not work! Reply with quote

Hi guys,

After having a lot of problems with not being able to emerge kdebase-3.0.4 I have been waiting for a fix to come out.
Yesterday I emerged kdebase-3.0.4-rc2 which compiled fine and so did all the other packages on my 1.4rc1 system.

Problem comes when I run startx - a lot of error messages runs down the screen that started it (sorry I don't have them in a file - and I've reverted to kde*-3.0.3 - thanks to -b option :-) - and the panel doesn't start, all the programs that start - start on the same desktop and the "window" edge around them incl. top with X, minimize and so on icons is also not visible.

Anyone else seen this problem before?

Should I just wait until kde-3.1?

Klavs Klavsen
Denmark

Working with Unix is like wrestling a worthy opponent.
Working with windows is like attacking a small whining child
who is carrying a .38.
dreamer3
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: kde-3.0.4 emerges - but does not work! Reply with quote

Klavs wrote:
Should I just wait until kde-3.1?

I've heard it's quite fast (as compared to 3.0.x)... OR you could also use this excuse to try a minimal window manager like waimea, or fluxbox, or openbox, etc... If your used to Windows (or KDE or Gnome) it takes getting used to, but it can be very refreshing... I've come to really like it after 4 months... I have the latest versions of Gnome and KDE installed (just in case) but never use them.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: