several questions contd.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raptor
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 8:07 am    Post subject: several questions contd. Reply with quote

me again,

Is it possible when doing "emerge -p pkg" to get a list of depencities in the following format :

Code:

pkg-name  <installed-version-gentoo>  <latest-version-gentoo>
                <installed-version-orig>  <latest-version-orig>

if not is there way to query on-the fly this info from somewhere, so i can do a script for this? thanx

Next question :
Is portage tightened to Gentoo, or it is loosly coupled so that it can be used with other Distros... :")

Next one :
when u want to temporarily override USE and CFLAGS what u do write to env-virables, emerge, empty env-vars ... or there is some shortcut...
I mean w/o the need to edit /etc/make.conf

thanx again
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: several questions contd. Reply with quote

raptor wrote:
Code:

pkg-name  <installed-version-gentoo>  <latest-version-gentoo>
                <installed-version-orig>  <latest-version-orig>
emerge -s pkg-name will tell you installed/latest. I have no idea what you are asking with the 'orig' parts.

Quote:
Is portage tightened to Gentoo, or it is loosly coupled so that it can be used with other Distros... :")
Theoretically portage could work with other distros. The problem then comes when you use something else to manage packages. If you use RPM and emerge, then neither knows what the other is doing.

Quote:
when u want to temporarily override USE and CFLAGS what u do write to env-virables, emerge, empty env-vars ... or there is some shortcut...
USE="my-var-here" emerge pkg-name will set the local environment variable. Remember that it will remain set until you unset it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: