Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
emerge realplayer creates empty directories??
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HotShotDJ
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:31 am    Post subject: emerge realplayer creates empty directories?? Reply with quote

I've downloaded rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm and placed it in /usr/portage/distfiles. When I type "emerge realplayer" all seems to go well and the ebuild finishes without an error. I then do a "source /etc/profile" When Mozilla (1.0.1) did not list the plugin, I checked and saw that the links for realplayer were created in the proper directory (/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins) but they were links to nowhere. /opt/RealPlayer8 and all subdirectories are empty. :?:

So, I emerge -C realplayer and delete the empty directory. I download the binaries and try to install by hand. I create the links in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins and now Mozilla sees them properly. However, when I connect to a site that uses real player (I used http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,70065,00.html to test, as I know this worked in SuSE 8.1) Mozilla crashes.

Also when I run realplay, RealPlayer comes up and imediately crashes. I've tried everything I can think of, searched the forums, and searched the web, and can find nothing that resembles my problem. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: The one other place I forgot to look -- and I found the issue: https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10066
Rem
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I had just the same thing, downloading the rpm into /usr/portage/distfiles and emerging realplayer created empty directories.

Instead I used the binary file, and install this one. This worked ok here.

Rem
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from DE
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: