View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtun3Z
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 5:09 pm    Post subject: enlightenment-cvs-0.17 Reply with quote

i just found the cvs version in the ports, and i tried to checkit out, but i bails out on something like this:
Code:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -I. -I../../../src/lib -I../../../src/lib
/include -I/usr/e17/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -march
=pentium4 -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -fprefetch-loop-arrays -ffast-math -ffo
rce-addr -falign-functions=4 -I/usr/e17/include -I/usr/e17/include/ewd -Wp,-MD,.
deps/evas_callbacks.pp -c evas_callbacks.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/evas_callbacks.
lo
In file included from ../../../src/lib/include/evas_common.h:8,
                 from evas_callbacks.c:1:
../../../src/lib/include/evas_options.h:59:5: #error "Please Read the README"
make[4]: *** [evas_callbacks.lo] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/enlightenment-cvs-0.17.20021027/wor
k/e17/libs/evas/src/lib/canvas'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/enlightenment-cvs-0.17.20021027/wor
k/e17/libs/evas/src/lib'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/enlightenment-cvs-0.17.20021027/wor
k/e17/libs/evas/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/enlightenment-cvs-0.17.20021027/wor
k/e17/libs/evas'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

!!! ERROR: The ebuild did not complete successfully.
!!! Function src_install, Line 103, Exitcode 2
!!! could not make evas

any suggestions, anyone? ;-)
Lockup
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did you unmask it? i looked in the packages.mask and e17 isnt in there o_O
lx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

extract from enlightenment-cvs ebuild:
Quote:
pkg_setup() {
ewarn "A NOTE ABOUT THE COMPILE STAGE:"
echo
ewarn "Do NOT report a bug about this ebuild on bugs.gentoo.org"
ewarn "Chances are that the problem lies with e17, and since its"
ewarn "in such an unstable state, Gentoo isnt going to spend time"
ewarn "on it :). If e17 doesnt work for you, then use 0.16.5"
echo
einfo "If you are 100% sure the problem is with the ebuild, then"
einfo "e-mail me at vapier@gentoo.org"
echo
einfo "Also, if you feel something isnt installed and it should"
einfo "be, then also send me an e-mail ;)"

Thinks this answers your question. I build it once myself it didn't build, I tried it a week later it did built but didn't run, etc........

E17 is a mess,..... :roll:

btw. it's a deliberate error in the evas_options.h file stating read the README, so probably something has changed, but not all components are adepted yet. It's an E17 problem.

Cya lX.
nillekind
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raster changed evas from 0.6 to 1.0. So the ebuild doesn't work anymore. Suggestion: (easy:) change ECVS_CVS_OPTIONS="-dP" to ECVS_CVS_OPTIONS="-dP -D11/07/02" in the ebuild. then comment the line [ -z "$ECVS_BRANCH" ] && ECVS_BRANCH="HEAD" in /usr/portage/eclass/cvs out. should work.
I'm tryin to hack the ebuild script a little to get it to work with SPLIT-Branch, since most recent changes go in there. I will send my ebuild here, when i'm done. Have Fun.
xcasex
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 10:24 am    Post subject: *cough* Reply with quote

actually raster our dear friend moved evas2 into evas on cvs HEAD ...
so split is broken as of three days ago also..

another thing to note is that e17 is in no way supported officially in any way so.. forget going to #e on opn.

look at e1x.mine.nu ...

Cheers
Robert
sarnold
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nillekind wrote:
Raster changed evas from 0.6 to 1.0. So the ebuild doesn't work anymore. Suggestion: (easy:) change ECVS_CVS_OPTIONS="-dP" to ECVS_CVS_OPTIONS="-dP -D11/07/02" in the ebuild. then comment the line [ -z "$ECVS_BRANCH" ] && ECVS_BRANCH="HEAD" in /usr/portage/eclass/cvs out. should work.
I'm tryin to hack the ebuild script a little to get it to work with SPLIT-Branch, since most recent changes go in there. I will send my ebuild here, when i'm done. Have Fun.

I've been wrestling (for days now, or so it seems) with trying to get the best pieces from both HEAD and SPLIT working from an ebuild (with some back-door file copies; I know, I know) but I just gave up. I'm trying the above -D approach just to see if everything builds.

I kind of wish they's just merge all the working pieces together in the HEAD branch, and then work on a side branch until it's reasonably stable. It seems confused right now (at least I am). Maybe we just need a stable date for something (either HEAD or SPLIT or ?) and then use an ebuild with the cvs -D tag (or even another tag like WORKS).

It'd be nice to get the latest working versions of everything...

And the .ru URL for the e17 forum got moved to here. Sorry I got the non-optimal URL the first time - it should be:

http://e1x.codewordt.co.uk/

Check it out.
sarnold
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:03 am    Post subject: it finally built! Reply with quote

Well, after much pulling of hair (whatever's left, anyway) and gnashing of teeth I finally got the ebuild to work using a -D date of 11/07/02. Just like above - use the -D date tag, and remove the HEAD tag from the cvs eclass file.

It came up, but it didn't do anything. I tried it various ways in the Xsession file (with exec, without exec, etc). The menus seemd to appear and disappear at random, and none of them would launch anything. I'm not sure at this point if any of that behavior was normal or not. I'm pretty sure I horked up the setup...

I guess I'm clueless about e17 right now, so I nuked it and tried the normal ebuild a couple of days ago (the normal HEAD checkout) and it worked! All I had to do was add the evas config options, and the whole thing built. Amazing! But this one doesn't run...

I get lots of errors - e segfaults, etcher barfs about missing libevas. It looks like nothing can find the libraries under /usr/e17/lib, even though the ebuild put the right line in ld.conf. I'm baffled.

Obviously, things have changed in the code base over the last couple of weeks, and I'm not sure if the library problem is in the ebuild or the e17 code. I got some help from Andy earlier tonight, but it looks like I'm SOL.

So I'm going back to a known good date and try again. I'll go for the 10/28 code.
PlatinumCursor
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is e17 even still under active development?
Strubie
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarnold: don't know if this helps, but I had the kind of problems you mentionned running CVS from 11/07/02, but it works all right if I start
efsd before enlightenment (with FAM running of course). So my .xinitrc as
a
exec /usr/e17/bin/efsd &
exec /usr/e17/bin/enlightenmnt
in it...
really
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had that error to, downloaded the latest sources from the webcvs and put them there then i autogen with --enable-cpu-mmx and it compiled.
then it works all the way to estyle and fails, ill chechk that when i get home.

Get lost before you get shot.
HandyAndE
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that my snapshots on:
http://www.codewordt.co.uk/newrectang/engine/index.php?section=7&docbase=..%2F..%2F
work on debian, and will endevour to check them on gentoo next week once the deadlines at Uni are all over ;)

good luck till then...

Andy
sarnold
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:37 am    Post subject: bummed Reply with quote

I can't seem to build any date of e17 right now. I even removed all traces of former builds:

emerge unmerge enlightenment-cvs

rm -rf /var/tmp/portage/enlightenment-cvs-XXX

rm-rf /usr/portage/distfiles/cvs-src/e17

Try to build again (cvs retrieves fresh code from various dates). No joy...

It barfs on ebits with the same error as reported at the end of the other Gentoo thread (e17 works... Yay!) Not for me it doesn't...

I'm open to suggestions; I already got the "wait for the code to stabilize" suggestion.

Thanks in advance, Steve
Sleeper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same error as you, but solve it by forcing the detection of the USE=mmx and USE=sse flags in the ebuild, in the evas section...

The compilation was failing due to a non-definition of either mmx, sse or C options.

I have problems compiling ebits, but will have a look at it soon..

Hope this helps.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: