Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
"emerge python-fchksum" fails [SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eldomir
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: "emerge python-fchksum" fails [SOLVED] Reply with quote

Hi all,

I seem to be unable to follow the installation instructions in the wiki with any success.

I have gone as far as getting a successful "emerge system". My problem comes when I try to re-emerge portage:

I add libperl, automake and coreutils to /etc/portage/package.provided, and "emerge -p portage" shows what I think it should:
Code:
These are the packages that I would merge, in order:

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild  N    ] dev-python/python-fchksum-1.7.1 
[ebuild  N    ] sys-apps/debianutils-1.16.7-r4 
[ebuild  N    ] sys-apps/portage-2.0.51_rc1 

But when I try to get python-fchksum, it gives me lots of errors. They are so many I don't want to drown you in output, and I think they might all start with the first error, so I'll show what I think is most relevant (I can paste more output if necessary):

Code:
Calculating dependencies ...done!
>>> emerge (1 of 2) dev-python/python-fchksum-1.7.1 to /
>>> md5 src_uri ;-) python-fchksum-1.7.1.tar.gz
>>> Checking python-fchksum-1.7.1.tar.gz's mtime...
>>> WORKDIR is up-to-date, keeping...
['setup.py', 'build']
running build
running build_ext
building 'fchksum' extension
creating build
creating build/temp.darwin-7.5.0-Power_Macintosh-2.3
gcc -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-double -no-cpp-precomp -mno-fused-madd -fno-common -dynamic -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -pipe -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/include/python2.3 -c fchksum.c -o build/temp.darwin-7.5.0-Power_Macintosh-2.3/fchksum.o
In file included from fchksum.c:20:
fchksum.h:5:20: Python.h: No such file or directory
In file included from fchksum.c:20:
fchksum.h:69: error: parse error before "PyObject"

I definitely have python in my system (I can type "python" and it works). On the other hand, I can't find any Python.h or python.h anywhere. I've tried searching the forums, but no one seems to have this problem....any clues as to what's going on and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance!

Pedro

EDITED to add:

Maybe I don't have everything Python that I should. When I "ls -l" where the Headers symlink is, I see:

Code:
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel       17 13 Aug 00:51 Headers -> include/python2.3

but there is no such "include/python2.3" anywhere...so I have a symlink pointing to nothing. I'll see if I installed everything in the Developer Tools CD, I guess...but if anyone can shed some light, please do.

EDITED again to add:

Ok, fixed....I am stupid. I had most Developer Tools, but not the BSD SDK. Once I installed that everything went fine. *bonks head*...

Now I can go back to enjoying portage goodness within OSX :)
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: