CenterICQ/MSN version fix
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techmav
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: CenterICQ/MSN version fix Reply with quote

I run CenterICQ due to my need for an all-encompassing text IM client. I know it was recently delisted from the portage tree.

Recently, MSN made a change that prevents CenterICQ from connecting. This is due to the version that CenterICQ reports itself as being. To work around this/fix this, you need to make a slight change to one file and compile it by hand.

This is what I did to fix the problem:
Code:
su -
mkdir tmp
cd tmp
cp /usr/portage/distfiles/centericq-4.21.0.tar.bz2 .
tar -xvjf centericq-4.21.0.tar.bz2
cd centericq-4.21.0/libmsn-0.1/msn/

Now, edit the notificationserver.cpp file and search for "6.0.0250"(without the quotes). This is the version that CenterICQ is reporting to MSN when it tries to connect. Change this to "7.5.0324" (without the quotes).
Code:
Original line:
buf_ << "CVR " << trid << " 0x0409 winnt 5.2 i386 MSNMSGR 6.0.0250 MSMSGS " << info->username << "\r\n";

Fixed line:
buf_ << "CVR " << trid << " 0x0409 winnt 5.2 i386 MSNMSGR 7.5.0324 MSMSGS " << info->username << "\r\n";

Save the file.
Code:
cd ../../
./configure --with-ssl --disable-aim --disable-irc --disable-jabber --disable-gg --disable-rss --disable-lj --prefix=/usr
make
make install  (this must be done as root)

This will configure, compile, and install CenterICQ in the same place the original program runs from. Feel free to change the configure flags as needed, as I only use MSN and Yahoo for mine.

TechMav
sokai
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First:
Thanks techmav for finding a solution and reporting that to us! :)

Second:
Maybe you hasn't noticed that CenterICQ is changing to CenterIM and some CenterICQ users are now CenterIM developer and try to reactivate the "frozen" CenterICQ code...
If you think you can help "us" you are welcome to contribute some code to that project! :)

For a quick start look at https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-548358.html .

CU
sokai
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: