Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Closing Ceremonies Performers question ...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cerement
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Closing Ceremonies Performers question ... Reply with quote

Anyone know where I can get a list of the musicians who performed at the closing ceremonies for the Athens 2004 Olympics?

I'm stuck with NBC coverage and ... lets say ... it leaves a little to be desired. One commentator comes on with "and her album sales might spike back in the US after this performance at the closing ceremonies" -- yeah, if you could've bothered to tell us who she was, you nimrod!
aethyr
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/news/civ_&xml/&aspKath/civ.asp?fdate=28/08/2004
"In the first part of the ceremony, vocalists Chronis Aidonidis, Domna Samiou, Marinella, Giorgos Dalaras, Haris Alexiou, Dimitra Galani and Yiannis Parios will participate, under the direction of Stavros Xarchakos. The second part, directed by Dionysis Savvopoulos, will feature singers Eleftheria Arvanitaki, Anna Vissi, Alkistis Protopsalti, Antonis Remos, Michalis Hadziyiannis, Sakis Rouvas and Dionysis Savvopoulos himself."
Terminal-Velocity
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You people like our music? :)

(strange... i don't :P but that's just me i guess...)
Cerement
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aethyr:
Thanks

Terminal-Velocity:
Subject yourself to the bland pablum of American pop music for awhile and you'll quickly appreciate anything that mixes in even a hint of ethnic variety ... :?
Slyde
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always been a fan of music from Crete.
headache
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slyde wrote:
I have always been a fan of music from Crete.

Crete is a beautiful island..
I've been to Chania, Rethymnon, Heraklion, Agias Nikolaos and on the south side of the island after driving across the mountain. They have the most beautiful and vacant beaches on the Soutrh Side with some nice waves.

A real experience is the trek along The Sammarian Gorge from the top of the mountain down to the north coast by Chania.

Some greek music is cool, esp when you are there and sitting on a small outdoor restaurant with a glass of Retsina or Ouso and water and some strandsnails for snack and listening to the local music!
stgreek
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Closing Ceremonies Performers question ... Reply with quote

Cerement wrote:
Anyone know where I can get a list of the musicians who performed at the closing ceremonies for the Athens 2004 Olympics?

I'm stuck with NBC coverage and ... lets say ... it leaves a little to be desired. One commentator comes on with "and her album sales might spike back in the US after this performance at the closing ceremonies" -- yeah, if you could've bothered to tell us who she was, you nimrod!

If you want a specific one describe them and I'll let you know which one they are.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: