Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
I love America by Tucker Max
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Duder
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 216
Location: The Rockies

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: I love America by Tucker Max Reply with quote

I found this on the internet and I think it's absolutely awesome.

Column--I love America

by Tucker Max


“I hate America. This country isn’t free or great. This country has oppressed women, minorities and the poor for hundreds of years. What’s so great about that?”

This assertion was made recently by a fellow U of C classmate. This statement is typical of ideas that pervade this campus and, ever more increasingly, this nation. It has become fashionable in many intellectual circles to bash America specifically and western culture in general. Most leftist academics hold it as axiomatic that America is a horrible and repressive country. “America is evil” has become a declaration that requires no proof, a proposition that has been repeated so often as to gain the force of fact behind it.

I tend to disagree with that evaluation of America. In fact, I have only one word that can accurately describe both these propositions and their begetters: idiotic.

America is unquestionably the greatest nation of all time, and the West the greatest culture. In the stgyian pit of solipsism that academia has slipped into, it is hard to recognize this fact. But the empirical evidence surrounds you. Can you remember the last time you were hungry? Not just hungry because you missed lunch, but so hungry you risked death? Has anyone you know ever died from typhus, small pox, cholera, bubonic plague, tapeworms or influenza? Has anyone in your family been sold into slavery, killed in tribal conflicts, or maimed by wild animals?

That the answer to each of these questions is “no” is ample evidence of America’s greatness. This nation and its people have built a country of such advancement and wealth that for the first time in history, ordinary citizens have the ability to go through their entire lives without enduring any true hardship, without facing any real dilemmas, and without having to do much of anything. America has provided its citizens with the opportunity and the means to live a life almost detached from the immense hardships that have plagued humanity throughout history.

I despise people that live and thrive under the auspices of the greatest country humanity has ever known, while denouncing exactly what has made their good fortune possible. The fact that you can criticize this country without fear of reprisal is proof enough of its greatness. Try and criticize any Marxist or Communist government and see how long it is before Amnesty International is issuing alerts about your disappearance.

In America, you have more opportunity than any human has ever had in history preceding you. Neither the most powerful prince nor the richest merchant of times past can match the poorest citizen of America in terms of possibility. Only in America are you basically left alone to determine your own success. What you earn, you generally get to keep. What you invent, you reap the benefits from. What you desire can be yours if you work for it. And thanks to government entitlement programs, sometimes it can be yours without working for it.

Of course there are those who say that this is a racist, sexist, oppressive country, that it is only truly free for the privileged, be them white, male, rich or whomever. They claim that America is not truly equal because women, minorities and the poor are somehow discriminated against and they claim that America is oppressive because it doesn’t adhere to their ridiculous notions of social justice. To those people, I can only quote my late friend Rand Funston, “If you want to live in heaven, I’ll be happy to kill you.”

America is obviously not perfect. But what is better? No nation, empire ,city/state, or principality has ever accomplished the technological, governmental, moral feats that America has. Study your history and you will see how much better America and western culture are than even the next best option.

Oppress women? Women have been emancipated only recently in historical terms, and almost exclusively in the West. Look at how women are currently treated in non-Western nations—disenfranchised, unrepresented, powerless, and systematically abused and mistreated. I can think of only one culture that possibly treated its women better—the Amazons. And they were a myth.

Mistreat the poor? America is one of the few nations in history where poverty is a condition, not a mandate. The only individuals confined to poverty in America are those that do not pull themselves out of it. This has been true almost no other place and no other time in history. Poverty truly is a relative condition. If you think poverty in America is bad, go visit Calcutta and see the effects of hundreds of years of a mandated underclass. The absolute poorest people in America, when compared to the typical condition of humans throughout history, live in opulent abundance and incredible opportunity.

Tyrannize minorities? Despite all the ignorant accusations the other way, in America you are equal before the law and possess inalienable rights no matter who you are or to what group you belong. This has been true virtually no other time or place in history. America has not always lived up to the bold declarations of equality of its forefathers, but most nations do not even make pretensions at equality. And even the ones that do make such probably do so only because they are western or under a western sphere of influence. If you think minorities are treated badly in America, go to visit Bosnia. In historical terms, Bosnia is the rule, America the exception.

Slavery is a case in point. Involuntary servitude has been as much a part of human history as marriage and religion, but was eliminated from the earth only in the past 200 years by the West. Most Western nations at some point were slave holding nations. But slavery no longer exists on earth because the West, led by Britain and America, decided it was wrong and abolished it from the earth.

America is the only nation in the world founded on the principle that humans have rights, and the purpose of government was to protect those rights. The definition of “human” in America has changed over the years, but only for the better. America is the only nation that is founded on the idea that humans should be free to live their lives as they choose. Self-determination has been truly known in only one nation in the world—America.

You may dislike certain aspects of America’s past or present. Most intelligent people do. But what you should realize is that while America is not perfect, it is damn close. It is ridiculous to hold America up to some standard of greatness that no country has ever met. The world is a wholly imperfect place; it was not designed to meet the specifications of humans. While America has it flaws, if you look at in its proper historical perspective, you will see that it is greatest nation of all time. Milton Friedman said that “People vote with their feet.” What nation is everyone rushing to imitate, what nation does every refugee dream of going to, and what nations production can be found in every corner of the globe? You know the answer.
_________________
Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation is for cowards.

Help the unanswered

Please add [solved] to the subject line if your problem is solved.


Last edited by Duder on Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
den_RDC
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 25 Aug 2002
Posts: 166
Location: beercountry, Belgium;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bollocks - Nothing is near perfect. Not America, not the Great West, nothing. The thing that annoys me the most in this article you posted is that the author seems to be content that the US is "near perfect". I thought the goal was to be perfect, and to keep improving oneself and society was the ultimate goal until true, blissfull perfection is reached.
I am not an American, but the article sends me one message : "We have given up". I think thats completely contrary to the "American Dream". Postulating your the best is ignorant at best, but concluding that nothing remains to be done because it's good enough already is truely idiotic.
_________________
Fan of the "Survivor Warriors of the Evil Empire of Bloody Destruction and Bloody Darkness"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duder
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 216
Location: The Rockies

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he's content with America the way is. It's obvious that most Americans work towards making the country better.

His point is that everyone is saying how terrible America is when it's the greatest nation in existence; and that's completely idiotic.

People say "America sucks", but compared to what? His late friend said it best when he stated "If you want to live in heaven, I’ll be happy to kill you"
_________________
Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation is for cowards.

Help the unanswered

Please add [solved] to the subject line if your problem is solved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16751

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link?
_________________
Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present, Man Not Caring. -- Perry Cox
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tun
n00b
n00b


Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Posts: 58
Location: Stockport, England

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The world is grey. America Sux/America is the Greatest are black and white points of view.

Quote:
America is unquestionably the greatest nation of all time, and the West the greatest culture. In the stgyian pit of solipsism

He makes that statement and follows it up with grandiloqence rather than a comparison to other Cultures, hardly convincing.

The article isn't worth a polemic. Short sighted, isolationist ranting. It's an antidote to the other idiots that think America is the epitome of evil, nothing more.

Does the guy that wrote that know Europe exists ?

Quote:
What nation is everyone rushing to imitate, what nation does every refugee dream of going to, and what nations production can be found in every corner of the globe? You know the answer.

England
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SlicerDicer
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 18 Nov 2003
Posts: 105
Location: Swirling in the Dunny, and please remember close the seat.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wana say welcome back Duder 8)
_________________
Cheers, SlicerDicer

Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow. I mean... just look at them! Walking meat-bags, I tell you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duder
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 216
Location: The Rockies

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Link?


I linked to other things on the site and got yelled at for spamming.

On top of that, it's a "member's only" site
_________________
Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation is for cowards.

Help the unanswered

Please add [solved] to the subject line if your problem is solved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duder
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 216
Location: The Rockies

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlicerDicer wrote:
just wana say welcome back Duder 8)


Oh, thanks.

It's good to know I have fans.
_________________
Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation is for cowards.

Help the unanswered

Please add [solved] to the subject line if your problem is solved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TimG
n00b
n00b


Joined: 03 Jun 2003
Posts: 62
Location: Houston, TX

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the author of this article would appreciate it being posted here. Did you get permission first?

From the members section of his site:
Tucker Max wrote:
I'm not going to go crazy with security stuff to prevent people from stealing this content, but please don't do it. I don't have a lot of ways to make money right now, and this is my best one. If you pay for a membership and want to have your friends or work buddies read the story on your computer, that's cool, but please don't copy a story off here and put it in an email and send it around. If you do that there's not much I can do, but it's not cool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kalisphoenix
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 28 Sep 2003
Posts: 211
Location: Ohio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimG wrote:
I don't think the author of this article would appreciate it being posted here. Did you get permission first?

From the members section of his site:
Tucker Max wrote:
I'm not going to go crazy with security stuff to prevent people from stealing this content, but please don't do it. I don't have a lot of ways to make money right now, and this is my best one. If you pay for a membership and want to have your friends or work buddies read the story on your computer, that's cool, but please don't copy a story off here and put it in an email and send it around. If you do that there's not much I can do, but it's not cool.


I think this qualifies as "fair usage." Another reason that this country is perfect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duder
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 216
Location: The Rockies

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimG wrote:
I don't think the author of this article would appreciate it being posted here. Did you get permission first?


Honestly.. it's just more publicity for him. People can google this guy and come across Tucker's Site and if a few people like what they see, they can become a member (and trust me, it's worth the 15 bucks)

I'm not trying to sell anything, I've never met him or talked to him, I'm just sayin'...
_________________
Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation is for cowards.

Help the unanswered

Please add [solved] to the subject line if your problem is solved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aethyr
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 06 Apr 2003
Posts: 1085
Location: NYC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not there:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3602874.stm

You should try doing some volunteer work sometime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TimG
n00b
n00b


Joined: 03 Jun 2003
Posts: 62
Location: Houston, TX

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duder wrote:

Honestly.. it's just more publicity for him. People can google this guy and come across Tucker's Site and if a few people like what they see, they can become a member (and trust me, it's worth the 15 bucks)

I'm not trying to sell anything, I've never met him or talked to him, I'm just sayin'...


I agree that it is more publicity for him, and I'm pretty sure if you had linked to one of his stories on the main site, he would love it. But this is from the "pay only" section of his site. While it's true that this is only some article he wrote back in college, I imagine that if he wanted it freely available, he would have put it on his main site.

I'm actually interested in seeing what kind of posts this article generates. I really enjoy reading that stuff, but I'm not sure that posting someone else's copyrighted material is the way to start that debate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TimG
n00b
n00b


Joined: 03 Jun 2003
Posts: 62
Location: Houston, TX

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kalisphoenix wrote:
I think this qualifies as "fair usage." Another reason that this country is perfect.


I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not about the fair use. I know from your other posts that you don't think this country is perfect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kalisphoenix
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 28 Sep 2003
Posts: 211
Location: Ohio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: I love America by Tucker Max Reply with quote

Max Tucker wrote:
<<beginning>>


Opinion.

Quote:
America is unquestionably the greatest nation of all time, and the West the greatest culture.


It's when you stop questioning that you, yourself, become an automaton.

Quote:
In the stgyian pit of solipsism that academia has slipped into, it is hard to recognize this fact.


Ahh, the thesaurus.

Quote:
But the empirical evidence surrounds you.


Meh? Like the homeless people, women making 70% of what men make, blatant racism? Oh, wait, you mean the golf course.

Quote:
Can you remember the last time you were hungry? Not just hungry because you missed lunch, but so hungry you risked death? Has anyone you know ever died from typhus, small pox, cholera, bubonic plague, tapeworms or influenza? Has anyone in your family been sold into slavery, killed in tribal conflicts, or maimed by wild animals?


Tapeworms can be fatal?

Slavery = work without pay and with bad conditions, in which case I knew several individuals in the military who were temporarily enslaved.
Tribal Conflicts = War is just a big tribal conflict.
Maimed by Wild Animals = WTF? I see it on FOX all the time.

Quote:
That the answer to each of these questions is “no” is ample evidence of America’s greatness. This nation and its people have built a country of such advancement and wealth that for the first time in history, ordinary citizens have the ability to go through their entire lives without enduring any true hardship, without facing any real dilemmas, and without having to do much of anything.


So we're naive, lazy, and boring. Sounds great.

Considering that we have homeless people, AIDS, we're number one in the world for child poverty (FOUR TIMES the rate of that in Western Europe) and teen pregnancy, that the distribution of wealth is tragically unequal, and that more people die of gunfire here than in anywhere else in the world... and, for that matter, that we consume an unconscienably disproportionate amount of the world's resources...
Oh, but wait. The other 5.75 billion people of the world (as well as the 150 million in this country with a net value of $0) aren't "ordinary people," and shouldn't be allowed to vote, let alone be counted in this moronic statement.

Quote:
America has provided its citizens with the opportunity and the means to live a life almost detached from the immense hardships that have plagued humanity throughout history.


Immense hardships... like what? Like a conscience?

I still see people dying of starvation -- where the fuck is he living? Disease, war, religious shit...

Quote:
I despise people that live and thrive under the auspices of the greatest country humanity has ever known, while denouncing exactly what has made their good fortune possible.


I maintain that there are better countries. I personally despise complacency.

Quote:
The fact that you can criticize this country without fear of reprisal is proof enough of its greatness. Try and criticize any Marxist or Communist government and see how long it is before Amnesty International is issuing alerts about your disappearance.


I have to admit that I really hate North Korea.
*is dragged off by a Korean woman who looks like Octopussy*

Quote:
In America, you have more opportunity than any human has ever had in history preceding you.


Wrong. Since the mid-seventies, the bottom 60% of families, income-wise, has seen their income drop. 75% of all financial gain has belonged to the top 1%.

In contrast, most other industrialized nations (particularly Scandinavian and European nation) have an odd habit of actually increasing the average standard of living as the years pass. Even Nicaragua's average person gets a raise of twice as much per year as the average American.

Quote:
Neither the most powerful prince nor the richest merchant of times past can match the poorest citizen of America in terms of possibility.


Technically true, but mostly because of technology. If this country were truly great, everyone would have the opportunity to succeed.

Quote:
Only in America are you basically left alone to determine your own success.


Um, no. *nods at Europe in general with a sweeping nod of some of the rest of the world*

Quote:
What you earn, you generally get to keep.


? The average worker produces four times as much as he is paid before taxes.

Besides, the definition of earning is getting something in return... so yeah, everything you are given, you can keep. Unless you're talking about taxes, which you don't get to keep.

Quote:
What you invent, you reap the benefits from. What you desire can be yours if you work for it.


Usually. Ask the numerous software companies that engaged in legal disputes with Microsoft about stolen technology. And Alexander Graham Bell didn't invent the phone any more than Henry Ford invented the automobile. Just to name a few examples.
But this is a Capitalist idea of "benefits." In a truly great nation, everyone would benefit from every advance in technology, every invention. Not that I'm opposed to personal profit, because I'm certainly not.

Quote:
And thanks to government entitlement programs, sometimes it can be yours without working for it.


This is what we pay those taxes for.

Quote:
Of course there are those who say that this is a racist, sexist, oppressive country, that it is only truly free for the privileged, be them white, male, rich or whomever. They claim that America is not truly equal because women, minorities and the poor are somehow discriminated against and they claim that America is oppressive because it doesn’t adhere to their ridiculous notions of social justice. To those people, I can only quote my late friend Rand Funston, “If you want to live in heaven, I’ll be happy to kill you.”


It sounds like making that statement might have been a mistake for Mr. Funston. Anyway, make that statement to a Women's Studies, Ethnic Studies, or, basically, anyone who's been to college.

Quote:
America is obviously not perfect. But what is better?


The ideal government, ideal economy, and ideal culture? Sounds like something the Nazis said and you know (or should know) how wrong they were.

Quote:
No nation, empire ,city/state, or principality has ever accomplished the technological, governmental, moral feats that America has.


Moral feats? Like tobacco still being legal? Like alcohol being basically deregulated? Like being imprisoned twenty years for a joint? Like the asset-forfeiture law? Like same-sex marriages not being legal? Fucking shit, man, open your eyes.

Quote:
Study your history and you will see how much better America and western culture are than even the next best option.


Study your history from something other than middle school textbooks.

Quote:
Oppress women? Women have been emancipated only recently in historical terms, and almost exclusively in the West. Look at how women are currently treated in non-Western nations—disenfranchised, unrepresented, powerless, and systematically abused and mistreated. I can think of only one culture that possibly treated its women better—the Amazons. And they were a myth.


Actually, we're all descended from matriarchal societies, and many still exist in Indonesia and Africa. That means aborigines are better than we are.
I'll believe women are treated fairly when I see a 50/50 split in gender among CEOs, politicians, and other professional jobs. Or when I see equal pay and state-mandated pregnancy leave (which several European nations have).
Also, don't forget that when we speak about the US, we're also speaking about the culture. How about the media's representation about women? How about the popular conceptions of womens' roles? How about the sky-high probability of getting raped?

Quote:
Mistreat the poor? America is one of the few nations in history where poverty is a condition, not a mandate.


Half the nation has a net worth of zero, I remind you. If it weren't for the invention of credit, we'd all be living in cardboard boxes saving up for that big home.

Quote:
The only individuals confined to poverty in America are those that do not pull themselves out of it.


It's a little difficult to "pull yourself out" of poverty when the nation's in a recession, jobs are increasingly being sent overseas or are automated, and corporations will lay off workers en masse before even considering a CEO paycut.
It's also a little difficult when you're mentally impaired. A lack of a sane medical program in the US has large numbers of homeless who are barely comprehending of their surroundings, let alone the necessary steps to find a job.
This is all assuming that the homeless man miraculously has good credit or $500 to find decent clothes, take a bath, eat some hearty meals, polish his resume, and afford to live in a hotel while he waits for that first paycheck. This is assuming he gets hired in a country that is insisting on more and more education for even the entry-level jobs, when there is a direct correlation between income, education, and thus employment and future income.
Not that this is all disembodied statistics. When both of my parents were working as teachers, we lived at below the legal poverty level. And then my father died, so I guess you could say we were just plain screwed. My mother, with fifteen years of teaching experience and a Master's degree, was making barely above $20 000 a year teaching. I think she was too busy teaching her students to "pull herself out of poverty."

Quote:
This has been true almost no other place and no other time in history. Poverty truly is a relative condition. If you think poverty in America is bad, go visit Calcutta and see the effects of hundreds of years of a mandated underclass.


Poverty is bad everywhere... but just because we have the lowest level of homelessness in the world (we don't -- the USSR and Cuba and East Germany had zero, to name but a few) doesn't mean we're the greatest country in the world. It's like saying that because I only have a little skin cancer, I'm the healthiest man in the world.

Quote:
The absolute poorest people in America, when compared to the typical condition of humans throughout history, live in opulent abundance and incredible opportunity.


No, they don't.

Quote:
Tyrannize minorities? Despite all the ignorant accusations the other way, in America you are equal before the law and possess inalienable rights no matter who you are or to what group you belong.


That's nice, but there's a bit of a problem when actual Americans appear into the equation to interpret the law. *points out that the inalienable rights thing has been around since 1776, but slavery existed another 90 years, and wage slavery is still very much a reality*

Quote:
This has been true virtually no other time or place in history.


Um... ? Every communist nation ever founded has declared, first-off, the equality of man. Every Western nation that I'm aware of has this same concept.

Quote:
America has not always lived up to the bold declarations of equality of its forefathers, but most nations do not even make pretensions at equality.


Lenin made bold declarations of equality ... so is the USSR equally great in this respect? Or does it have to do with the apple falling far from the tree? In which case most European nations beat us out again.

Quote:
And even the ones that do make such probably do so only because they are western or under a western sphere of influence. If you think minorities are treated badly in America, go to visit Bosnia. In historical terms, Bosnia is the rule, America the exception.


I'll ignore America's genocide against the Indians, enslavement of the Blacks, confinement of Japanese during World War II, and near-refusal to allow Jews to enter the country during the Third Reich... and concede your point. No, wait. We're just as bloody as some, and bloodier than most. When was the last time you heard of genocide in Britain?

Quote:
Slavery is a case in point. Involuntary servitude has been as much a part of human history as marriage and religion, but was eliminated from the earth only in the past 200 years by the West. Most Western nations at some point were slave holding nations. But slavery no longer exists on earth because the West, led by Britain and America, decided it was wrong and abolished it from the earth.


America was among the very last Western nations to do so. It should be pointed out that most Africans captured other Africans and sold them to slave traders because they were addicted to the tobacco that the traders sold them.

Quote:
America is the only nation in the world founded on the principle that humans have rights, and the purpose of government was to protect those rights.


Wrong, wrong, a thousand times wrong.

Quote:
The definition of “human” in America has changed over the years, but only for the better.


???

Quote:
America is the only nation that is founded on the idea that humans should be free to live their lives as they choose. Self-determination has been truly known in only one nation in the world—America.


What the fuck?

Quote:
You may dislike certain aspects of America’s past or present. Most intelligent people do. But what you should realize is that while America is not perfect, it is damn close.


No nation on earth is remotely close to perfect, and won't be for decades, if not centuries or milennia.

Quote:
It is ridiculous to hold America up to some standard of greatness that no country has ever met. The world is a wholly imperfect place; it was not designed to meet the specifications of humans.


Well, I guess we're just goin' to have to continue warrin' an' pollutin' until we grow ourselves another world.

Quote:
While America has it flaws, if you look at in its proper historical perspective, you will see that it is greatest nation of all time. Milton Friedman said that “People vote with their feet.” What nation is everyone rushing to imitate, what nation does every refugee dream of going to, and what nations production can be found in every corner of the globe? You know the answer.


Canada actually has an immigration rate twice that of the US.

(Sorry so long, but this shit pisses me off.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Slyde
Guru
Guru


Joined: 14 Jul 2003
Posts: 314

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of an off-topic rant, but I recently received 'diversity' training at work. New iniative I guess they are trying to implement.

I did learn one thing.

All white male heterosexuals are racist, sexist, and bigots and personally responsible for every other persons hardships.

I love being a white male heterosexual.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kalisphoenix
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 28 Sep 2003
Posts: 211
Location: Ohio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slyde wrote:
Sort of an off-topic rant, but I recently received 'diversity' training at work. New iniative I guess they are trying to implement.

I did learn one thing.

All white male heterosexuals are racist, sexist, and bigots and personally responsible for every other persons hardships.

I love being a white male heterosexual.


Word. I hear a lot of the same things in classes. Sometimes I can even feel the angry little eyes drilling into my back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YouAreAnIdiot
n00b
n00b


Joined: 05 Aug 2004
Posts: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slyde wrote:
Sort of an off-topic rant, but I recently received 'diversity' training at work. New iniative I guess they are trying to implement.

I did learn one thing.

All white male heterosexuals are racist, sexist, and bigots and personally responsible for every other persons hardships.

I love being a white male heterosexual.


Just feel safe I am out there doing my best to fulfill this stereotype so that all other may suffer its wrath. :twisted:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stonent
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 07 Aug 2003
Posts: 1139
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Duder, come join #otw on irc.prison.net (or your favorite efnet server), we're always collecting Pro-America americans.
_________________
Inspiron 4100 & Sun UltraAXe
Portage on Solaris|Dell Laptop Hacks
The way you feel about organized religion is the same way I feel about organized socialism.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EOF
Guru
Guru


Joined: 02 Jul 2003
Posts: 345
Location: Usingen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stonent wrote:
Welcome back Duder, come join #otw on irc.prison.net (or your favorite efnet server), we're always collecting Pro-America americans.


What are "Pro-America americans" ?
Im just curious :D.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fallingcow
n00b
n00b


Joined: 11 Apr 2004
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EOF wrote:
What are "Pro-America americans" ?


Me!

The Constitution ROCKS! Go Thomas Jefferson! W00t!

Down with lawlessness! Yeah democracy! Good job, separation of powers! Keep it up!

Beacon on the hill, and all that.

No, really. I'm being serious. Human law is my favorite kind. :)
_________________
Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for the lead role in a cage?

-Pink Floyd
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anior
Guru
Guru


Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Posts: 317
Location: European Union (Stockholm / Sweden)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slyde wrote:
All white male heterosexuals are racist, sexist, and bigots and personally responsible for every other persons hardships.
I know that you uber-conservative, american, pro-bush right wingers has placed me in the box for communist scumm a long time ago but seriously, I couldn't agree with you more on that point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EOF
Guru
Guru


Joined: 02 Jul 2003
Posts: 345
Location: Usingen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fallingcow wrote:
EOF wrote:
What are "Pro-America americans" ?


Me!

The Constitution ROCKS! Go Thomas Jefferson! W00t!

Down with lawlessness! Yeah democracy! Good job, separation of powers! Keep it up!

Beacon on the hill, and all that.

No, really. I'm being serious. Human law is my favorite kind. :)


Being Pro-America sound for me like being Pro-"Continent America".
Firstly what means Pro-"Continent ..." ?
If this has something to do with the people living there then does this also involve brazilians for example :).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BaronVonOwn
n00b
n00b


Joined: 24 Nov 2002
Posts: 46
Location: United States of America

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slyde wrote:
All white male heterosexuals are racist, sexist, and bigots and personally responsible for every other persons hardships.

I love being a white male heterosexual.

Me too. I'd rather be the perpetrator than the victim :)
_________________
What if we built a large, wooden badger?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nube
n00b
n00b


Joined: 26 Aug 2004
Posts: 9
Location: Seattle, WA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't like living here... move to Canada, and keep your mouth shut?

If you do, why not accept the fact that not everybody agrees with you and keep you mouth shut?

(Not directed at anyone in particular, but in general)

This argument reminds me of the ______ is a better Linux distro than ______

basically an utter waste of time when you realize that for as many people that agree with you there are a hundred million who think you're an idiot.

</.02>
_________________
I have to compile what...?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum