Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Stormy Eyes vs. The World. >^..^<
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Cossins
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 21 Mar 2003
Posts: 1136
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paranode wrote:
Now we're talking about slavery reparations? Please. I love this European fantasy that "America was built on slavery". Yeah.. well where did we get the idea from? Who brought them here? Who's ultimately responsible for it? What other nations and continents can you think of that were "built on slavery" as you so loosely use the term?

It's Europe for one. So let them pay the toll. How'd you like that?

Moreover, if you look at where the slaves came from, they'd be worse off if they had stayed there. They were sold by their own people and they're still over there throwing spears at each other. Not that it justifies it, but you have to look at the whole picture.

1) I never said Europe was any better. But we did realise that it was wrong it a long time before you did, and it seems you haven't really realised it yet. We have paid for the people we exploited. Now I encourage you to do the same.
2) The last time slaves existed in Denmark was 1000 years ago, with the vikings. The "we"s in no. 1 refers to European countries.
3) Have you ever been to Africa? You might discover that it looks just about as civilised as Harlem, except people die a lot more in Harlem. You didn't do them a favor, believe me.

- Simon
_________________
who cares
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3343

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said as far as your country is concerned, Its got nothing to do with me but as i said before if you dont want that you have to renounce your citizenship
_________________
"Sex: breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stormy Eyes
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 09 Apr 2003
Posts: 1064
Location: Watching God spit-shine my boots.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cossins wrote:
1) I never said Europe was any better. But we did realise that it was wrong it a long time before you did, and it seems you haven't really realised it yet. We have paid for the people we exploited. Now I encourage you to do the same.


And I encourage you to stick to guilt-tripping Cokehabit; he seems to like it. Neither Paranode nor I have done anything to "exploit" others, and I personally resent being told that I should atone for crimes I didn't commit. In fact, if you were to say such a thing to me in person, I would be strongly tempted to challenge you to a duel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plbe
l33t
l33t


Joined: 01 May 2004
Posts: 661

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no slavery again. everyone acts like America is the only country that had slaves or that black people were the only people enslaved through out the world. Everyone wants to bitch how America is a white mans country. I say anyone that doesn't like America for whatever reasons should just leave, I'm so sick of hearing about it. Slavery ended what 150 years ago? OK slavery was wrong we all get it. Its gone so why complain about it. These people complaining need to realize you can't live in the past you learn from it. I mean cmon I'm not racist by any means but ethnic groups black/latin whatever get there own college scholarships, television channels etc..I mean isn't that like the old saying 1 step foward 2 steps back? Everyone wants to be equal yet segregate themselves at the same time. If anyone has the right to complain its the native americans I mean we took over there country ffs killed them did what we did and you don't hardly hear anything out of them. In fact all native americans I've ever came across are some of the nicest people I've ever met thats just my opinion though
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3343

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats it like across 110th street?
_________________
"Sex: breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paranode
l33t
l33t


Joined: 06 Mar 2003
Posts: 679
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, we owe nobody anything for slavery because those people are long dead. In these days, it is nothing more than a ploy by desparate people to use a sensitive issue to try and exploit the system for their own agenda. As it stands, an African American is already granted more fundamental rights than someone else because of unconstitutional laws. Blacks weren't the only exploited workers in this country. Irish, Italians, Germans, Chinese, have all been exploited more recently than blacks, but they don't latch onto the excuses. I won't go into the reasons here.

We should not get into this topic though.
_________________
Meh.


Last edited by paranode on Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cossins
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 21 Mar 2003
Posts: 1136
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

downpour wrote:
Oh no slavery again. everyone acts like America is the only country that had slaves or that black people were the only people enslaved through out the world. Everyone wants to bitch how America is a white mans country. I say anyone that doesn't like America for whatever reasons should just leave, I'm so sick of hearing about it. Slavery ended what 150 years ago? OK slavery was wrong we all get it. Its gone so why complain about it. These people complaining need to realize you can't live in the past you learn from it. I mean cmon I'm not racist by any means but ethnic groups black/latin whatever get there own college scholarships, television channels etc..I mean isn't that like the old saying 1 step foward 2 steps back? Everyone wants to be equal yet segregate themselves at the same time. If anyone has the right to complain its the native americans I mean we took over there country ffs killed them did what we did and you don't hardly hear anything out of them. In fact all native americans I've ever came across are some of the nicest people I've ever met thats just my opinion though

Yeah, but how come there are more black people in prisons than in Universities?

- Simon
_________________
who cares
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3343

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormy Eyes wrote:
And I encourage you to stick to guilt-tripping Cokehabit; he seems to like it. Neither Paranode nor I have done anything to "exploit" others, and I personally resent being told that I should atone for crimes I didn't commit. In fact, if you were to say such a thing to me in person, I would be strongly tempted to challenge you to a duel.


You still bask in the glory now of what we stopped doing a century and a half ago... pathetic.... AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
_________________
"Sex: breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stormy Eyes
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 09 Apr 2003
Posts: 1064
Location: Watching God spit-shine my boots.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cossins wrote:
Yeah, but how come there are more black people in prisons than in Universities?


Could it be that too many black people make shitty choices? Nah, that's too simplistic isn't it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paranode
l33t
l33t


Joined: 06 Mar 2003
Posts: 679
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cossins wrote:
Yeah, but how come there are more black people in prisons than in Universities?

Because drugs are illegal in this country as it stands.
_________________
Meh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3343

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paranode wrote:
In fact, we owe nobody anything for slavery because those people are long dead. In these days, it is nothing more than a ploy by desparate people to use a sensitive issue to try and exploit the system for their own agenda. As it stands, an African American is already granted more fundamental rights than someone else because of unconstitutional laws. Blacks weren't the only exploited workers in this country. Irish, Italians, Germans, Chinese, have all been exploited more recently than blacks, but they don't latch onto the excuses. I won't go into the reasons here.


So why are things like the afore mentioned "affirmative action" still being deployed to this day?
_________________
"Sex: breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cossins
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 21 Mar 2003
Posts: 1136
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormy Eyes wrote:
Cossins wrote:
1) I never said Europe was any better. But we did realise that it was wrong it a long time before you did, and it seems you haven't really realised it yet. We have paid for the people we exploited. Now I encourage you to do the same.


And I encourage you to stick to guilt-tripping Cokehabit; he seems to like it. Neither Paranode nor I have done anything to "exploit" others, and I personally resent being told that I should atone for crimes I didn't commit.

Yet, you live in luxury that other people's forefathers slaved to create, while they themselves die from hunger...

Stormy Eyes wrote:
In fact, if you were to say such a thing to me in person, I would be strongly tempted to challenge you to a duel.

Alright - I would probably leave, then, since I normally don't want to argue with people who are too stupid to articulate their thoughts rather than beat people up...

- Simon
_________________
who cares
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stormy Eyes
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 09 Apr 2003
Posts: 1064
Location: Watching God spit-shine my boots.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
You still bask in the glory now of what we stopped doing a century and a half ago... pathetic.... AFFIRMATIVE ACTION


What glory? Have you done too many club drugs? I'm white and have big blue eyes. Affirmative action would work against me. Furthermore, you should be able to deduce from my principles that I oppose affirmative action and that if I ran a business I would refuse to deal with people on any basis other than merit. And if that means that I have an IT department full of white guys, so be it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3343

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormy Eyes wrote:
Cossins wrote:
Yeah, but how come there are more black people in prisons than in Universities?


Could it be that too many black people make shitty choices? Nah, that's too simplistic isn't it!

Paranode wrote:
Because drugs are illegal in this country as it stands.


You have to educate these people, they are not getting good enough education
_________________
"Sex: breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paranode
l33t
l33t


Joined: 06 Mar 2003
Posts: 679
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
So why are things like the afore mentioned "affirmative action" still being deployed to this day?

Anyone who stands up for real constitutional equality is marked as a racist bigot. Ironic, eh.
_________________
Meh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
headache
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 26 May 2004
Posts: 226

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormy Eyes wrote:

I think we both know what I thnk about popular conclusions. I get up in the morning, attend to my grooming, make breakfast for my lady and myself if it's my turn, kiss her goodbye, and go off to earn my living. Then I come home, greet my lady and make a fuss over her, take my turn making dinner, and spend the night either writing, or reading, or watching a movie. Sometimes we spend time with friends or go out to a show or a rock concert. If this is complicated, then there's somethng wrong with you.


Lol... another over-simplistic view of Stormys life without root in reality. So you are telling me that you:
- Never pay bills
- Never have a problem with a product you bought
- Never have a hysterical neighbour banging on your door because X (substitue X with a mundane event, like water leakage etc.)
- Never have to deal with a landlord?
- Never have to buy a new car with a loan or lease a new car?
- Never have to fight with banks or credit institutions due to errors committed by employees or due to bugs in their systems?
- Never lost or had a wallet stolen?
- Never had a car crash?

I could go on and on, what you told us is nowhere near reality.

In your fantasy world, what would you do with someone who got a mental illness and don't have $300,000 to pay for treatment? Let them roam around in your neighbourhood? Put them in jail?
Who is going to pay for the criminal justice system? By donations?
What about people who can't get a job that pays enough for them to get health insurance, let people just die because they can't pay for themselves? What is going to happen to those who lose their jobs in areas without a new job and who don't have any marketable skills? Just die on the street after loosing their home and family etc?

Your dream has more holes in it than a swiss cheese. There are so many situations and scenarioes where your fantasy is just pure evil and has nothing to offer.

Once again have you confirmed to me that you are a dreamer without foothold in reality. Wake up!
_________________
"I'd rather have a President who does it to a woman than one who does it to his country" -- Shirley Maclaine
Liberal (adj.): Free from bigotry; open to progress; tolerant of others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stormy Eyes
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 09 Apr 2003
Posts: 1064
Location: Watching God spit-shine my boots.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
You have to educate these people, they are not getting good enough education


If they're getting a shitty educaton, that's their fault. If I settled for what the public schools were teaching, I'd be ignorant and have a shitty education too. Instead, I got off my fucking ass and made a fucking effort to better myself. I have no compassion for those who choose not to do the same, especially if they refuse because doing so means "acting white".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paranode
l33t
l33t


Joined: 06 Mar 2003
Posts: 679
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
You have to educate these people, they are not getting good enough education

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. If they skip out of school to make easy money pushing drugs, there is a path laid out for them straight to prison. They are accountable for their actions, and we shouldn't waste tax dollars to undo the constitution by giving them extra rights because they can't stop fucking up.
_________________
Meh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cossins
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 21 Mar 2003
Posts: 1136
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormy Eyes wrote:
Cossins wrote:
Yeah, but how come there are more black people in prisons than in Universities?


Could it be that too many black people make shitty choices? Nah, that's too simplistic isn't it!

Yeah, too simplistic. The world just isn't that simple! Well, maybe to the narrowminded...

You see, most things have reasons. Why do you think they made those choices? Try thinking for a moment instead of automatically replying "why should I care" in defense...

- Simon
_________________
who cares
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3343

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormy Eyes wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
You still bask in the glory now of what we stopped doing a century and a half ago... pathetic.... AFFIRMATIVE ACTION


What glory? Have you done too many club drugs? I'm white and have big blue eyes. Affirmative action would work against me. Furthermore, you should be able to deduce from my principles that I oppose affirmative action and that if I ran a business I would refuse to deal with people on any basis other than merit. And if that means that I have an IT department full of white guys, so be it.


I dont care, all it is showing you is that racism is rife among your society today, in whatever form, that is what your forefathers created and discustingly it goes on today but because of your "it doesn't harm me, im not going to help" princliples you dont want to make it better, that is sickening as well
_________________
"Sex: breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3343

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paranode wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
You have to educate these people, they are not getting good enough education

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. If they skip out of school to make easy money pushing drugs, there is a path laid out for them straight to prison. They are accountable for their actions, and we shouldn't waste tax dollars to undo the constitution by giving them extra rights because they can't stop fucking up.


You and stormy are just using the "easy way out" here, remember these are minors we are talking about who know no better, plus it was your ancestors who created these ghettos for them to live in because they didn't want to mix with "coloureds"
_________________
"Sex: breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
headache
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 26 May 2004
Posts: 226

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormy Eyes wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
You have to educate these people, they are not getting good enough education


If they're getting a shitty educaton, that's their fault. If I settled for what the public schools were teaching, I'd be ignorant and have a shitty education too. Instead, I got off my fucking ass and made a fucking effort to better myself. I have no compassion for those who choose not to do the same, especially if they refuse because doing so means "acting white".


halleluja! halleluja! halleluja-halle-lu-ja!!!!!!!!

All bow down for the almighty stormy! He is once agains showing his ignorance when it comes to the real world the rest of us live in!

You are no better than the worst religious fundies, in fact, even as much as I dispise relisgous fundies, I'll say your are ten times worse.

If I had believed in a God I would have said "Thank God for the fact that there is extremly few people like Stormy!"

I'm not worried about your point of view nor of your cult followers view since none of you will ever come into power nor have anything to say nor any influence on todays society. You people are nothing more than a fart is a bathtub!
_________________
"I'd rather have a President who does it to a woman than one who does it to his country" -- Shirley Maclaine
Liberal (adj.): Free from bigotry; open to progress; tolerant of others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stormy Eyes
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 09 Apr 2003
Posts: 1064
Location: Watching God spit-shine my boots.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

headache wrote:
- Never pay bills


All the time. Rent, power, ISP, student loans.

headache wrote:
- Never have a problem with a product you bought


Not since I stopped using Microsoft.

headache wrote:
- Never have a hysterical neighbour banging on your door because X (substitue X with a mundane event, like water leakage etc.)


Not yet. Had a few drunks mistaking my flat for the one below, though.

headache wrote:
- Never have to deal with a landlord?


Oh, I've been dealing with landlords for the last five fuckin' years.

headache wrote:
- Never have to buy a new car with a loan or lease a new car?


I think I've stated before that I don't drive and refuse to own a car.

headache wrote:
- Never have to fight with banks or credit institutions due to errors committed by employees or due to bugs in their systems?


Not yet.

headache wrote:
- Never lost or had a wallet stolen?


No, I've been careful.

headache wrote:
- Never had a car crash?


Not since my father got his Camaro totaled by a drunk when I was 10.

headache wrote:
In your fantasy world, what would you do with someone who got a mental illness and don't have $300,000 to pay for treatment? Let them roam around in your neighbourhood? Put them in jail?


Why the fuck should it cost $300,000 if the isn't an overbearing government to grossly inflate costs by interfering with the market?

headache wrote:
Who is going to pay for the criminal justice system? By donations?


http://fairtax.org

headache wrote:
What about people who can't get a job that pays enough for them to get health insurance, let people just die because they can't pay for themselves?


How is that a problem if there isn't a bloated government to inflate costs?

headache wrote:
What is going to happen to those who lose their jobs in areas without a new job and who don't have any marketable skills? Just die on the street after loosing their home and family etc?


If it's a friend of mine or a neighbor, I'll lend a hand. A stranger? Fuck him.

headache wrote:
Once again have you confirmed to me that you are a dreamer without foothold in reality. Wake up!


Opinions and assholes, buddy. Opinions and assholes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plbe
l33t
l33t


Joined: 01 May 2004
Posts: 661

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
whats it like across 110th street?


No one ever said segregation was dead, to answer your question its mostly black. Would I want to live there? Nope and yes I'm white. I will be perfectly honest I would feel uncomfortable being around all black people not to mention all the crime in that area, wouldnt you? be honest. Thats just the way of nature in my eyes I mean you don't see lions hanging out with zebras, snakes with cats or whatever. Some may say that sounds racist or whatever i say stfu. I got plenty of black friends but i would feel uncomfortable being the only white person in a black area
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paranode
l33t
l33t


Joined: 06 Mar 2003
Posts: 679
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
You and stormy are just using the "easy way out" here, remember these are minors we are talking about who know no better, plus it was your ancestors who created these ghettos for them to live in because they didn't want to mix with "coloureds"

So says you because you sympathize with the deliquents due to your checkered past. Make a stupid decision and you'll have to live with it.

And let me tell you something, I grew up in a low-income area surrounded by the "coloureds" as you say, and I built myself a good life with no money in my pocket but what I earned. I went to school, I actually tried to succeed, and guess what? It works when you actually try. I never got handed anything from my parents or anyone else, all the while seeing blacks and hispanics getting free rides to college because of the color of their skin. So don't give me shit about the "easy way out" and all these stupid stereotypical fantasies about how every white person is born with a silver spoon in their mouth and all the advantages necessary to succeed without effort. It just isn't true, and any affirmative action is just counterproductive and racist.
_________________
Meh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 3 of 22

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum