lirc with 2.6.8-rc2-love3
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigbeav
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: lirc with 2.6.8-rc2-love3 Reply with quote

I'm using love sources since it has the LIRC patch put in and no keyboard is going to hooked up to this mythtv box. Myth is running, and its all fine just a remote needs to control it. I finnally have lirc start. it starts, i can't do an irrecord, it says check to make sure lirc is running or the permissions are set. a "ps aux" shows lirc on /dev/lirc/lirc0 and that it found my lil device. cept i don't have any way to record ot check the configure or setup on(most likely using my dvd remote) any help?
Luud
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to look here and then at the last post which refers to here

Trying it out myself now.
bigbeav
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you had any luck. I at least get it to think that its working. I can get the dev device created and lirc_serial loaded says it found it on com1 with a cample rate of 0? i then do the mode2 and nothing shows up with 3 remotes i have. its not homemade, its a pinnacle but it looks like it uses the same IR reciever that the homebrew one would use, and lirc sas it will work with it. any more thoughts, ur links helped me out cuz now I don't have to use teh unstable love soruces any more.
Luud
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes, it works for me now.

However, I use the Hauppage Gray remote that came with my Hauppage PVR350 card. First I've build the gentoo-dev-sources-2.6.7-r14 (I masked 2.6.8 as there are some irritating changes w.r.t. the scisi layer).

I installed the ivtv drivers and the lirc cvs version. After a reboot with the new kernel and the new drivers loaded, I could use irw and see the commands send by the remote. Also killing irw and restarting worked fine now.

Next I tried mythtv, but it didn't react on the remote. As a guess I re-emerged mythtv (1.15.1) and when I tried next it worked fine.

Good luck

P.S. This reference is nice too: http://wopr.yi.org/mythtv.html (with related forum topic: MythTV Setup Guide/HOWTO).
Lasitus
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the problem that went away for you. I have an MCE remote and it works with IRW but not Myth. I tried compiling it with lirc support and using irxevent, but still it acts like there is no remote. Any ideas?
Luud
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Step one: build IRW from CVS. That did the trick for me.

If it works repeatedly with irw, then it should work with Myth. If it doesn't work with myth, but it is ok with irw, then check your configuration files. If it works with irw, it must be some setting in Myth.

I cannot help you more, I'm typing this from an internet cafe in Varanasi, India. I'm also moving home in The Netherlands where I live so none of my systems is operational for a while, maybe someone else can be of more assistance.

Good luck!
Lasitus
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it seems the file for myth interfacing with the remote ~/.lircrc was either wrong or I couldn't get integrated lirc to work. I got it to work with irxevents and an edited .lircrc file.

Thanks,
Luud
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear!

Many cheers from Nepal this time :wink:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: