cdrecord problems
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuxored
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 3:45 am    Post subject: cdrecord problems Reply with quote

Finally got around to upgrading my system to gcc 3.2, did a fresh install and got everything running good, except my cdrw.

I've gotten everything configured for the ide-scsi and cdrw is recognized. However whenever I try to burn a cd using cdrecord, cdrdao etc.. I get a kernel panic. I've dug through google, forums, newsgroups etc, and reconfigured my kernel numerous times based on hints I found, but with no luck. The only difference in my system from before is I'm using reiserfs instead of ext3, I've patched the kernel for supermount, gcc3.2 and gone from kernel 2.4.18 to 2.4.19. I thought maybe a conflict in the supermount patch was causing it, but a fresh vanilla kernel still had the same probs. I even went back to a 2.4.18 kernel with no luck.

Some specs(I'll post more if needed):
Dual Athlon MP on a A&M266-D motherboard
256mb DDR
TDK velo cdrw

Also could someone tell me how to make Gentoo log the kernel panic? Copying it from the screen by hand is just a whee bit annoying.
metalhedd
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry i can't answer your question, but maybe you can answer mine. how did you get supermount? as a part of the jp13 patch?
did you apply it to vanilla or gentoo sources? i'm really curious because i think supermount is terrific.

And i've used 'terific' 3 times in the past 2 minutes :)
fuxored
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I got the supermount patches from the jp14 set. I didn't use the whole set though, just the supermount ones and a couple other it wouldn't compile without. I don't remember the exact ones at the moment but I'll take a look. I patched the vanilla-sources, I've never used the gentoo sources.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: