Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
xmahjongg on OSX
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kranki2
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: xmahjongg on OSX Reply with quote

I am trying to modify the ebuild for xmahjongg on OSX. I added the "macos" KEYWORD and emerged. Everything went fine. But when I went to use it, some not all of the directories and files did not have world r/x permission so my user could not access the game. I traced part of the problem to code in games.eclass. Does anyone know why it restricts the permissions and should I override those permissions and/or how should I approach it?

BTW, I provided the port for xmahjongg for darwinports which was no big deal since it compiled and ran on the first try and still does even without darwinports. I am just too much of a noob at gentoo.

Thanks for your help.
tad
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put your user in the "games" group. See man groupmod for details.
kranki2
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I will add the user to the game group, but I am not sure that that will help since the files/directories were root.wheel ownership with 750 or 640 permissions. The directories that needed changing and were created by the emerge were /usr/games, /usr/games/bin and /usr/share/games. All the files installed were root.wheel ownership as well.

Since this was my first install for gentoo on OSX, I am assuming that the ownership should have been root.games. Is this correct?

I could add it to wheel as well, but from a security point of view that is probably not wise for most OSX installs. Thanks for the suggestion.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: