Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
I have to ask.... What's wrong with you guys?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ateo
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 02 Jun 2003
Posts: 2021
Location: Republic of California

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miqorz wrote:
Sadly no.

While I love my mother.. she's a bit of a religious fruit loop who thinks depression is me being "out of god's will"..

I have nothing against people worshipping god or anything but when it affects my physical or mental health.. I get upset.


Wait a minute.. This isn't about your mother. This is about your health. Who cares what your mother thinks (no offense) but depression isn't something to take lightly. That hole in your stomach just gets bigger and bigger and the hopelessness just gets stronger. Ditch what your mom says and take care of yourself..... If you are under the legal adult age, it doesn't matter. You have your school that can assist you in finding help.

BTW. Happy fucking birthday!!!


Last edited by Ateo on Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KozmoNaut
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 09 Dec 2002
Posts: 168
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see...

I have Keratosis Pilaris and I also have (mild, thank goodness) Asperger's Syndrome.

Left-handed, and proud of it!

Overweight, though some people would claim that 100kg (220lbs) is nowhere near overweight.

Oh, and I an completely, madly and utterly in love with a wonderful girl, but I don't know if she shares my emotions.

You know, the usual nerd/geek stuff...
_________________
War. War never changes.


Last edited by KozmoNaut on Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
miqorz
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 04 Apr 2004
Posts: 1170
Location: Pissing into the wind.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ateo wrote:


Wait a minute.. This isn't about your mother. This is about your health. Who cares what your mother thinks (no offense) but depression isn't something to take lightly. That hole in your stomach just gets bigger and bigger and the hopelessness just gets stronger. Ditch what your mom says and take care of yourself..... If you are under the legal adult age, it doesn't matter. You have your school that can assist you in finding help.


Completely not an option.

I am home-schooled and turned 16 today..

I have no real way of getting help of my own.. Trust me I tried my hardest to find help when problems here at home were at their worst..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ateo
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 02 Jun 2003
Posts: 2021
Location: Republic of California

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miqorz wrote:
Ateo wrote:


Wait a minute.. This isn't about your mother. This is about your health. Who cares what your mother thinks (no offense) but depression isn't something to take lightly. That hole in your stomach just gets bigger and bigger and the hopelessness just gets stronger. Ditch what your mom says and take care of yourself..... If you are under the legal adult age, it doesn't matter. You have your school that can assist you in finding help.


Completely not an option.

I am home-schooled and turned 16 today..

I have no real way of getting help of my own.. Trust me I tried my hardest to find help when problems here at home were at their worst..


Damn. Gut it out for a couple of years.. It's not easy, but doable. At the very least, you have us here to amuse you. =)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
miqorz
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 04 Apr 2004
Posts: 1170
Location: Pissing into the wind.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I have my issues but I don't let it get to me like I used to.

It just makes my life a little more interesting to have issues.. :P
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ateo
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 02 Jun 2003
Posts: 2021
Location: Republic of California

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miqorz wrote:
I know I have my issues but I don't let it get to me like I used to.

It just makes my life a little more interesting to have issues.. :P


Well, at least you're smart enough to deal with it.... =)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BobSaget
n00b
n00b


Joined: 30 Nov 2003
Posts: 47
Location: Richmond, VA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Demophobia where large crowds can cause me to have a panic attack.
_________________
Full House sucked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tun
n00b
n00b


Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Posts: 58
Location: Stockport, England

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSaget wrote:
I have Demophobia where large crowds can cause me to have a panic attack.


I mate of mine has a similar condition. Really doesn't like large gatherings of people (10 or more). If you chat to him one to one he's really eloquent and interesting to talk to. If more and more people come he gets really nervous, clams up and ends up having leaving because it all becomes too much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
supernovus
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 13 Jul 2003
Posts: 150
Location: inside my head

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. I've got rather severe ADD, mild DPD, and also suffer a lot of bouts of depression. I get into arguments with the voices in my head, and other than the fact that I'm completely, utterly insane - I'm fairly normal.

Oh, by the way, there's no such thing as "normal". There may be "average traits" but they in no way make someone "normal" and someone else "abnormal" those are terms I refuse to accept.

My philosophy on this is simple. There are only TWO things, that every last person has in common. Just TWO.

#1) We're all human.
#2) We are all different.

But I digress.
_________________
Remove OTW
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lostdave
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 16 Jun 2004
Posts: 85
Location: Leeds, UK

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asperger's; mono-polar depressive (life-long - have taken various meds during bad periods, most of which have ended up having the opposite effect to the intended); cynicism above and beyond the call of duty; and what is basically demophobia as described a few posts up.

I've never heard that term though - from what I knew it was a different look at agoraphobia - fear of crowds rather than open spaces, as agoraphobia literally is "fear of the marketplace" I thought.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titeuf
l33t
l33t


Joined: 19 Jun 2004
Posts: 759
Location: Middelkerke, Belgium

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tun wrote:
BobSaget wrote:
I have Demophobia where large crowds can cause me to have a panic attack.


I mate of mine has a similar condition. Really doesn't like large gatherings of people (10 or more). If you chat to him one to one he's really eloquent and interesting to talk to. If more and more people come he gets really nervous, clams up and ends up having leaving because it all becomes too much.

Hey! I have this too. But not as bad.
I can chat with one person at a time, but when there are more persons, I'm just quiet and listen to the others talking.
This happens in real life as on the internet (that's why I prefer im over irc).
Also I almost never starts a conversation. It's always others that have to talk first to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 983
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have liberal debunking syndrome.... ;)
_________________
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SlicerDicer
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 18 Nov 2003
Posts: 105
Location: Swirling in the Dunny, and please remember close the seat.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am perfectly normal in a normal way. I mess with gentoo and game how is that not normal? also post on OTW
_________________
Cheers, SlicerDicer

Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow. I mean... just look at them! Walking meat-bags, I tell you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
curtis119
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 10 Mar 2003
Posts: 2160
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA, North America, Earth, SOL System, Milky Way, The Universe, The Cosmos, and Beyond.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ateo wrote:
I have a purple dragon in my basement but no one believes me... =( I also get random spasms all over. My eyes lids, ears, biceps.. It's really weird, but oh well.

Oh. I'm also queer which seems to be an abnormality to most of humanity.


So that's where the dragon got off to! I thought he died.

ps. Queer is the only way to be.
_________________
Gentoo: it's like wiping your ass with silk.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
curtis119
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 10 Mar 2003
Posts: 2160
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA, North America, Earth, SOL System, Milky Way, The Universe, The Cosmos, and Beyond.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostdave wrote:
Asperger's; mono-polar depressive (life-long - have taken various meds during bad periods, most of which have ended up having the opposite effect to the intended); cynicism above and beyond the call of duty; and what is basically demophobia as described a few posts up.

I've never heard that term though - from what I knew it was a different look at agoraphobia - fear of crowds rather than open spaces, as agoraphobia literally is "fear of the marketplace" I thought.


ummmm......are you my secret government clone? No, seriously. Are you?
_________________
Gentoo: it's like wiping your ass with silk.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
littlebuddy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 11 Jul 2003
Posts: 35
Location: Boulder, CO, USA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KozmoNaut wrote:

...Oh, and I an completely, madly and utterly in love with a wonderful girl, but I don't know if she shares my emotions.

That'll happen.

Ever thought of telling her about it? I was in the same situation, and I told the girl, and while everything isn't totally dandy <fingerscrossed> yet </fingerscrossed>, things are better than they were.

I have huge nipples. Especially for a guy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KozmoNaut
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 09 Dec 2002
Posts: 168
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littlebuddy wrote:
KozmoNaut wrote:

...Oh, and I an completely, madly and utterly in love with a wonderful girl, but I don't know if she shares my emotions.

That'll happen.

Ever thought of telling her about it? I was in the same situation, and I told the girl, and while everything isn't totally dandy <fingerscrossed> yet </fingerscrossed>, things are better than they were.

I have. I told her that I love her very much, and that she means a lot to me, and she was genuinely happy to hear it. We're great friends and all that, so I think I'd better take it easy, let whatever is going to happen happen, and just ever so slightly nudge her from time to time ;)

I know that she likes me as a friend, at least, but since she's very shy (like me), things are going to take some time.
_________________
War. War never changes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
littlebuddy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 11 Jul 2003
Posts: 35
Location: Boulder, CO, USA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KozmoNaut wrote:
littlebuddy wrote:
KozmoNaut wrote:

...Oh, and I an completely, madly and utterly in love with a wonderful girl, but I don't know if she shares my emotions.

That'll happen.

Ever thought of telling her about it? I was in the same situation, and I told the girl, and while everything isn't totally dandy <fingerscrossed> yet </fingerscrossed>, things are better than they were.

I have. I told her that I love her very much, and that she means a lot to me, and she was genuinely happy to hear it. We're great friends and all that, so I think I'd better take it easy, let whatever is going to happen happen, and just ever so slightly nudge her from time to time ;)

I know that she likes me as a friend, at least, but since she's very shy (like me), things are going to take some time.

Good. Yeah - that's the best strategy I can think of, too. You can't push them too much; you don't want to freak them out and push them away.

That's kind of the shitty part though - because you're really in love with them, you're willing to wait a long time. It's not a great situation to be in, to be perfectly honest.

My best wishes go out to you though. I hope everything works out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ateo
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 02 Jun 2003
Posts: 2021
Location: Republic of California

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheap-Bastard wrote:
I have liberal debunking syndrome.... ;)


Holy shit! You're a friggin LDS! :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
miqorz
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 04 Apr 2004
Posts: 1170
Location: Pissing into the wind.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew a girl with DSL... is that about the same? :lol: :wink:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SLH
n00b
n00b


Joined: 06 Jan 2003
Posts: 58
Location: Newark, DE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miqorz wrote:
I knew a girl with DSL... is that about the same? :lol: :wink:


I knew a girl on LSD. This has to be the same chick.

What's wrong with me today: I'm completely sleep deprived and silly because of it.
_________________
...space shuttle of sin - redseal, circa December 2004

ALL ABOARD! First stop, Uranus!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lostdave
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 16 Jun 2004
Posts: 85
Location: Leeds, UK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ummmm......are you my secret government clone? No, seriously. Are you?


Its possible I suppose. Depends on your opinion of nature/nurture in terms of sexuality - I swing both ways, about 70/30 in favour of females.

Depending on your viewpoint, that may well be another thing "wrong" with me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pain
n00b
n00b


Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Tip: Styles can be applied quickly to selected text. Reply with quote

Aside from trying to perfect the art of procrastination I .. I'll finish this later.
Pain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
porodzila
Guru
Guru


Joined: 22 May 2004
Posts: 307
Location: Terrapin Station

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see tracers and coloured blobs all the time, is there something wrong?
_________________
ubi primum potero, me hinc subduco.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ateo
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 02 Jun 2003
Posts: 2021
Location: Republic of California

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

porodzila wrote:
I see tracers and coloured blobs all the time, is there something wrong?


I see tracers too. Must be the leftover lsd in my spine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum