RedHat, Suse and others
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xor
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:27 am    Post subject: RedHat, Suse and others Reply with quote

Hi folks

Since I joined the forums I noticed that several people ask questions in the forums not gentoo-related.... the latest I saw was "how do I configure my modules in redhat".... that's in general not a problem.... the Problem I see is that in the event I search for exact the same problem in the "gentoo forums" I would assume the answer on this question is a "gentoo solution"...

so my suggestion is to make a seperate forum for other distis (which is excluded from the search engine)..... or rename the "gentoo forums" to "linux forums"....

sorry if it sounds harsh, but a gentoo-forum with a those "off-topic" stuff is not a "gentoo-forum"...

thanks

ps: it's also possible that I was off-topic a few times....
klieber
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: RedHat, Suse and others Reply with quote

Xor wrote:
Since I joined the forums I noticed that several people ask questions in the forums not gentoo-related....

These types of posts are fine as long as they're posted in Off The Wall. If they get posted in any other forum, they should get moved to OTW by our crack moderator staff.

However, even our superlative group of mods have made one or two mistakes before and these forums get a ton of posts (500+ per day), so if you notice something that seems out of place, feel free to PM any one of us and we'll take a look-see at it.

--kurt
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: